Tron Legacy LE: “End of Line” PuP-Pack (VPX)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    robertms
    Participant
      @mophead

Hi Terry. Thank you for creating this really great pup packs! I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work and I’m not sure what else to try.

I’m trying to use this pack in conjunction with this table. I’m a 2-screen user with a pindmd v3. I have PinUP player 1.4.1 installed. I have dmdext 1.72 installed, however, whenever I try to use freezy’s dmddevice.dll (~4.5MB) rather than the dmddevice.dll from the PINDMD3 folder (~65kb), the DMD doesn’t load and the table loads but doesn’t really start. When using freezy’s dmddevice.dll, I definitely have “use external dmd checked”.

I’m trying to run bleeding edge VPX 10.6, but have tried it with 10.5 final and see the same symptoms. I’m also trying to run vpinmame 3.2 with the latest SAM builds installed.

When running with the pindmd 3 devicedmd.dll, the pup back backglass displays, but the only video I’ve seen reliably working is the arcade one for the skillshot.

I don;t immediately have access to puplog.txt to share but it showed trn_174h loaded on a few lines but that was it. The rest looked pretty sparse.

My dmddevice.ini file is setup as you have suggested. Your other pup packs seem to work fine for me (mainly jaws) despite some performance issues I’m still trying to work out with that.

Any ideas for other things I should consider trying? Let me know if there’s any other info I can help provide.

I’m running Windows 7. I hadn’t heard about blocked dlls until recently. Earlier today I did a google search to see what that meant and the few files I looked at seemed to be ublocked but I didn’t do an exhaustive look. I’ll take another look at that more closely. What would cause a file to be blocked?

I also had a few other thoughts just now. I’m not sure this is specific to Tron Legacy, but rather all the SAM tables. For example what I described above was also true with AC/DC (outside the context of trying to get PUP packs to work).

In the 3.2 sam beta build thread, it specifically says, “In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!” That instruction seems to be in contradiction with the instructions here which are to use the larger ~4.5MB freezy file instead of the one from my Pindmd3 folder as “carnypriest” suggests over there…

Not sure if @spoontangclan ever got this resolved, but I’ve ran into a similar issue so wanted to post here in case there were others experiencing these VPX crashes. Talking to @thalamus was invaluable in getting to the bottom of this issue and saving me a lot of time and aggravation.

Turns out this problem has absolutely nothing to do with Terry’s Pup Pack or even the PinUP Player for that matter. I believe it is a bit of coincidence that this particular Pup Pack is the go-to for most people after installing the PinUP Player (@terryred is to blame for creating such an awesome Pup Pack ;-)   )

If you’re on Windows 7 with a real PINDMD and just installed the PinUP Player you’ve probably also just upgraded your standard DMD driver to Freezy’s dll. Turns out when running select STERN games using Freezy’s external DMD driver you may run into random memory allocation issues in the JIT code, causing VPX to crash during the launch sequence. For me the issue was isolated specifically to g5k’s version of Tron; confusingly other versions of Tron ran fine despite all sharing the same  trn_174h rom.

The solution was to change the value of “at91jit” in the registry to “0”, something you can do easily following Thal’s instructions here: https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

We all have different setups so this issue applies probably mostly to users meeting above criteria. I believe Windows 10 solves the JIT memory allocation issues, so this alone may be a reason for many to upgrade :mail:

Speaking of Terry’s EXCELLENT Tron pup pack, I can honestly say that if it was the only pup pack you ever try, it alone is a reason good enough to install the PinUP Player. Combined with the OST sound it is an experience unlike any other you’ve encountered in Virtual Pinball, simply revolutionary. Turn down the lights and crank it up – just awesome! Thank you @nailbuster for creating this cutting edge software and @terryred for your countless hours you dedicated to supporting this hobby :heart:

cdnbum88
      Participant
        @cdnbum88

Newbie question here. How do I get the Playfield green in MediaManager for Tron? What file do I copy to that box as I am not sure I see that file in the download? This I guess would be the same question for the backglass file.

This looks awesome and excited to get one game running properly including, wheel theme as well.

Any direction is appreciated. I have watched many videos by Terry and others and it got me this far, but missing something on getting these yellow boxes green from the pup packs. Able to find some wheel .png and make those green, but that is about it.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

erpippolus
        Participant
          @erpippolus

hello everyone, sorry for my english but i am italian and i speak very little english. i have a problem with this pup pack and also with jurassic parck, in the backglass i don’t start the videos it stays still on the backglass image, someone can me to help?

cdnbum88
          Participant
            @cdnbum88

So still no solution for 2 screen users that don’t have a square BG?

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

So still no solution for 2 screen users that don’t have a square BG?

no….this uses 2 fullsize backglass layers…so the dmd will sooner or later get obscured

marshallv
              Participant
                @marshallv

First off thanks for this amazing table.  It’s one of my favorites!  The only question I have and I apologize if this is a newbish question but I use a real DMD (pindmdv3) and it works great except it’s using the default orange color.  How can I change this to match the blue color from your vid?

Thanks!

M

psiomicron
                Participant
                  @psiomicron

For some reason, the videos are not triggering or playing. I got the animated backglass but it never plays any videos. I have 3screens (LCD is the third screen). Freezy and everything is up to date, other pup packs like Stranger Things, Harry Potter, Back to the Future all work. Am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks all!

Rafael Tetsuo
                  Participant
                    @rafaeltetsuo

A video of that table with this pack was the first thing that brought me to the Virtual Pinball world.
                    I’m new at this, but I’m in love with the game.
                    Thank You for this!

falcon950
                    Participant
                      @falcon950

Can anyone help with a weird issue?  When I use rom 1.74 the spinning disk works but not the ramp lights.  When I use 1.74h the ramp lights work but not the spinning disk.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Can anyone help with a weird issue? When I use rom 1.74 the spinning disk works but not the ramp lights. When I use 1.74h the ramp lights work but not the spinning disk. Any suggestions?
                        Thanks in advance

This sounds like a game question not a puppack question

falcon950
                        Participant
                          @falcon950

For anyone who had the same issue, it was solved by deleting the nvram.  Sorry if i posed this in the wrong area.

mrhector
                          Participant
                            @mrhector

Hey @terryred, could I make a suggestion for a small change to the pack.  I noticed that this pack was not getting captured in VR.  Took a look at the VR VPX source code and noticed that the capture function is looking for a B2s/PuP backglass window titles of “PUPSCREEN2” or “FORM1”.  Noticed in this back you use screens 11 and 12 for the backglass so it was not getting captured.

By adding a blank “Screen 2″ to the screens.pup I managed to get it capturing properly on the two VR room tables.

ScreenNum,ScreenDes,PlayList,PlayFile,Loopit,Active,Priority,CustomPos
                            13,”Topper – Underlay”,”Background – Topper”,TronLegacyLogo.mp4,0,off,0,”0,0,0,100,100″
                            14,”Topper – Top Layer”,,,0,off,0,”0,0,0,100,100″
                            2,” Backglass”,,,,ForceBack,,
                            11,”Backglass – Underlay”,”Background – Backglass”,TronLegacyBG.mp4,0,ForceBack,90,”2,0,0,100,100″
                            12,”Backglass – Top Layer”,,,0,ForcePopBack,90,”2,0,0,100,100″
                            15,”OST Music”,,,0,MusicOnly,80,

I posted this up on the VR pinball facebook group as well for someone having the same issue.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VRPinball/permalink/1051214922041922

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?