Tron Legacy (Stern) (PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron-legacy-stern-pup-edition-not-to-be-used-with-pup-packs/

Ever wished that JJP, and Stern made a Tron table together? Well now you get the next best thing! I present my first PinUp Player VPX table mod (well the first ever) of Tron Legacy (Pup Edition) VPX.  Watch this video demo of it here in my cabinet:

Tron Legacy (Stern) (PuP Edition)

PinUp Player Edition mod : TerryRed

PinUp Player created by: NailBuster

VPX table created by: ICPJuggla, freneticamnesic (original FP to VPX conversion).

RustyCardores: Surround sound mod, new sounds added (where there were none)

DJRobX: Updated physics and code to bring table inline with VPX 10.4 routines. ROM-controlled GI and PWM flasher support. Prettier Ball.

HauntFreaks: File size optimization

Other credits: Rom and GLXB (original FP table version), SLAMT1LT (Ultimate Edition FP version, and inspiration for this table mod)

PinUp Player is a program that lets you play any video file on your Backglass, Topper, DMD, or any other screen using VLC media player. These videos can be controlled through the table’s script, switches, triggers, lights, or other table events. This allows any VP, FP or FX2 (using DOFLinx for FP and FX2) table to have a Backglass or Middle Screen with full videos like Jersey Jack Pinball, modern Stern tables, or Heighway Pinball tables.

You can control the videos using direct PuP control through the table’s script, or you can use B2S Server and create a PuPB2S that doesn’t require any modification of the table (but with less control), similar to a normal B2S (but really easy to make).

This PuP table mod is not using the PuPB2S method (which uses B2S Rom calls), and was a complete mod of the table script. I created all the videos myself (1920×1080 for Backglass, and 1920×822 for Topper), inspired by SLAMT1LT’s FP version.

Since this is a rom based table. I have no access or control over any of the game code or actions. I literally made A LOT of new code specifically for PUP that works based on only triggers / switches from the game, and the playfield lights and neon ramp colour logic. It’s a miracle I was able to pull this off, as this works with most MB modes, as well as the jackpots,etc all having unique videos with titles,etc.  Because of this, I also wasn’t able to do anything for Sea of Simulation, End of Line MB,  or portal, as they all use White for neon ramp colours, and I have no way to differentiate them.

I hope you enjoy this new evolution for VP!

Thanks again to the original table authors for their amazing work!

PLEASE read all of the instructions for important info related to PuP setup and this table.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Looks great Terry :good: thanks for all the time you spent on this! holly crap is the video clips nice and high res!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        doogie
        Participant
          @doogie

Awesome, Terry.  Not sure if this is an issue with your code or with the PinUpPlayer, but I configured it to disable the Topper screen and only show the Backglass, but the Topper is still popping up.  I moved the position off screen for now as a workaround.

So what’s on tap next, LOTR? ;-)

TerryRed
            @terryred

Looks great Terry :good: thanks for all the time you spent on this! holly crap is the video clips nice and high res!

I went back to do some testing of DOFLinx support for PinUp Player for FP…and I was using SLAMT1LT’s version of Tron Legacy Stern…and man these new videos (taken from the original Blu-ray) look so much better than the FP videos….and a hell of a lot easier to install and use.

The beauty of the design of PUP….is that now anyone can add “more” or “less” video files the the “playlist” PuPVideos\Tron_Legacy folders….and the table will automatically use them without needing to do any mods or script changes to the table.

Also, since you don’t have a Topper screen, you can just set your PuP Backglass size and PuP Topper size and position (in PuP Display settings) so that they both fit on your one screen….and they both will work overtop of your B2S!  (Best to set both to Pop-up Enabled)  Or you can just use the Backglass and no Topper. You can have it any way you want…

You could also change just one line in the table script to disable PuP, and the table will work just like it normally would, even without PuP installed.

If you wanted very simple PuP support, then making a PupB2S would be easy. I also did that for testing…it took me 30 mins to do a complete PuPB2S since I already had the video files.

On top of all this….NailBuster has a working real-time scoring system working with this! Look kickass, and can be used with any PuP screen, too.

TerryRed
              @terryred

Awesome, Terry. Not sure if this is an issue with your code or with the PinUpPlayer, but I configured it to disable the Topper screen and only show the Backglass, but the Topper is still popping up. I moved the position off screen for now as a workaround. So what’s on tap next, LOTR? ;-)

Hmmm… I just tried it and you’re right. It may be that “disabling”  may only work with a PuPB2S verse direct control.

Just look for this in the script:

PuPlayer.Init 0,”Tron_Legacy”

and change it to this to disable the Topper screen:

‘PuPlayer.Init 0,”Tron_Legacy”

I just tried it and it “seems” to work for disabling the Topper screen.

As for what’s next…who knows?  I gotta finish up my DOFLinx  MAME addressable leds testing and demo video that I started way back before PuP was even in idea by NailBuster.  :)

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Great, was hoping that someday something like this would be possible.
                Thanks for sharing.

peeters
                Participant
                  @memechke8

HELLO I TRY TO INSTALL LIKE I SEE ON YOUTUBE

BUTT THE THE PLUGINS SETUP IN B2S SERVEUR STAY CLOSE !!!

ANY IDEA WATH IS WRONG PLEASE

MANY THANKS

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

@peeters : I think it would be better if you head over to vpf for support. http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38979&page=6

It is still early – expect bugs or problems installing. That thread I expect will fill up fast :)

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

superb implementation of PuP, well done.  add-ons to backlglasses are more for the spectators but when I had a chance to glance at the BG, it looked fantastic, great quality!  Wonderful job on this table, I’d hardly tried the VPX version but it certainly is well done.  One of my balls got stuck in the left slingshot during multiball though but I gather that’s a comment I should elaborate on in the original thread?

apayne82
                      Participant
                        @apayne82

Does this table require using the B2S Backglass Server, or should it trigger the PUpPlayer without those files?  I’m a desktop user, so historically have ignored this aspect of the program.  However, I can’t seem to get the videos to appear using the setup steps outlined in this and the VPforum thread.

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

Tried it… liked it! nice job TR..

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Does this table require using the B2S Backglass Server, or should it trigger the PUpPlayer without those files? I’m a desktop user, so historically have ignored this aspect of the program. However, I can’t seem to get the videos to appear using the setup steps outlined in this and the VPforum thread.

B2S Server not needed for THIS table…but for anything PuPB2S you will need it.

You’d be better sending your details to NailBuster in vpforums.  I recommend “unblocking” ALL files from Pup,etc..  Run everything in Admin, etc.  you should see the PuP video in setup. Do you have 32 bit VLC installed? 64 bit wont work.

Dr.Tom
                            Participant
                              @crile1
                              MemberContributor

Wow, Terry….just…wow.  You nailed it.  And to Nailbuster, you my friend are now responsible for the next generation of VP tables. :good:

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Wow, Terry….just…wow. You nailed it. And to Nailbuster, you my friend are now responsible for the next generation of VP tables. :good:

Dr!…. been so long since we heard from you!   Thanks.

PinUp Player also works with FP and FX2 too now because DOFLinx was updated to support PinUp Player.  Too many great changes….not enough time for more and more videos.  :)

Dr.Tom
                                Participant
                                  @crile1
                                  MemberContributor

Terry, you got me tempted to try to pull off one of these mods myself.  I’ll have to take some time looking at your script.  I imagine it will be a little harder than the fp doflinx mods we did because of the roms.

DJ
                                  Participant
                                    @khomodo

Absolutely amazing work (the add on and this table); Thanks a lot. A little information , i had pbs to get the videos pop on my screens. those like me who run WIN7 on their cabs, check the win2000 compatibility for the exe and then its magic  :yahoo:

Thanks to NailBuster who find the solution !  :yes:

arconovum
                                    Participant
                                      @nicholaschristopher
                                      MemberContributor

Tron legacy (Stern 2011) in FSS + PUP , is really a great fit for the Tron table, it just works, it just ‘Blings’ it right up. Thanks again Terry.

Johngreve
                                      Participant
                                        @johngreve

Does this table require using the B2S Backglass Server, or should it trigger the PUpPlayer without those files? I’m a desktop user, so historically have ignored this aspect of the program. However, I can’t seem to get the videos to appear using the setup steps outlined in this and the VPforum thread.

If you’re running Win 7 and can’t  get the videos to display and the test function says everything is ok the fix seems to be to run the .exe files for PuP in a compatibility mode for Win2000. Setting my compatibility to XP service pack3 worked for me….I only tried that first because that was the default shown…..might work for others as well.

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

Wow Terry this is a great implementation, of videos into a game.

Talk about inspiring people to add videos to their tables, you really did great showing the potential PuP player adds.

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

PuP Edition , Surround Sound 1.1

– TerryRed: added SetScreenex commands to table script for Backglass and Topper. This will configure both the Backglass and Topper for PinUp Player to be forced to “PopUp enabled” (just for this table) regardless of what the default settings are.

– RustyCardores: Surround sound mod, new sounds added (where there were none)

– DJRobX: Updated physics and code to bring table inline with VPX 10.4 routines. ROM-controlled GI and PWM flasher support. Prettier Ball.

– HauntFreaks: File size optimization

– included two POV files for desktop view (High and Low)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?