Tron Legacy (Stern) (PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I added this to the install instructions:

Configuring PinUp Player’s Screen settings for this table only (so you don’t need to change PuP’s default settings):

Since I don’t think SetScreenex is mentioned yet in any of the PuP docs…I’ll mention how I used it with Tron (PuP Edition) here.

In the table script near the top, you can find these two lines:

PuPlayer.SetScreenex 2,0,0,0,0,1 ‘Set PuPlayer Backglass to Pop-Up On <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

PuPlayer.SetScreenex 0,0,0,0,0,1 ‘Set PuPlayer Topper to Pop-Up On <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

Screen number 2 = Backglass, screen number 0 = Topper.

Change the last digit to 0 if you want to disable PopUp for this table ONLY! (though Pop-Up is recommended)

Setting the xpos, ypos, width, height, to 0 will also use PinUp Players’s default size and position if you don’t want a different position and size for only this table.

Or you can comment out the entire line with an apostrophe to disable the command entirely (and use PinUp Player’s default settings).

Also you will see these lines:

PuPlayer.Init 0,”Tron_Legacy”

PuPlayer.Init 2,”Tron_Legacy”

If you don’t want to use one of the PuP screens at all, just comment out the line with an apostrophe which screen (Backglass=2, Topper=0) you don’t want to use specifically for this table ONLY! This way you don’t have to change PuP’s default settings.

All of the above is only applicable to a PuP table “MOD” that doesn’t use a PuPB2S (like Tron Legacy PuP Edition). This is the only way to allow for this table to have its own user definable PuP screens config without changing PuP’s default settings.

TerryRed
        @terryred

If you haven’t seen the new 1.1 update yet….the new sounds, PWM flashers, tweaks and pretty ball are awesome!

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

TerryRed
          @terryred

NailBuster posted this as a Mystery new upcoming feature for PuP. I know what it is….but I ain’t telling….  :)

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

I don’t know, so I can take a guess. Driving events via DMD frame hashes? If so, that would be cool. Was thinking somebody would get there first using PinSound sound file driven events as what the PinSound team has done with a shaker toy.

TerryRed
              @terryred

I don’t know, so I can take a guess. Driving events via DMD frame hashes? If so, that would be cool. Was thinking somebody would get there first using PinSound sound file driven events as what the PinSound team has done with a shaker toy.

I’ve been wanting a program that could detect specific game sounds, to trigger DOFLinx MX Leds or DOF outputs via keypresses, but haven’t found a free program that does this. Your Pinsound idea is intriguing though.

…and OK…fine… you got it Carney! Haven’t tested this feature of PinUp Player yet as its still WIP, but damn this may let me be able to add videos for End of Line MB, Sea of Simulation and Portal to Tron if it works well.  The only issue may be difference in DMD output for each user (resolution, colour,etc), but the user could capture the DMD frames themselves if needed fairly easy and just add them to a pre-defined folder for the table.

This could possibly be used for FP, FX2, MAME,etc if it worked with DOFLinx as well.

DMD capture may not be useful for real DMD owners possibly…

DJRobX
                @djrobx
                MemberModerator

Big problem: no PinSound in SAM.

Snooping on sound events pre-dates PinSound though actually.     That’s how the “faked” ROM sound works in some old versions of LOTR and Elvis.

Vinthar
                Participant
                  @vinthar

I had it set up and working, I upgraded to 1.1 and now I have “Video list not found” – can’t locate error, files are at correct subfolders, what’s wrong?

TerryRed
                    @terryred

I had it set up and working, I upgraded to 1.1 and now I have “Video list not found” – can’t locate error, files are at correct subfolders, what’s wrong?

PinUp Player code wasn’t change at all in 1.1 except for these lines being added near the beginning on the script:

PuPlayer.SetScreenex 2,0,0,0,0,1 ‘Set PuPlayer Backglass to Pop-Up On <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

PuPlayer.SetScreenex 0,0,0,0,0,1 ‘Set PuPlayer Topper to Pop-Up On <screen number> , xpos, ypos, width, height, POPUP

I’m running both 1.0 and 1.1 from the Tables folder with no issues….did you change anything else since using 1.1? Does 1.0 still run ok?

Are your videos in the “PUPVideos\Tron_Legacy” folder?  There shouldn’t be ANY other files in there except for the folders with videos.

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

If the program is just scanning frame data prior to rendering then it doesn’t matter if the user is coloring or stretching the DMD output.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

@CarneyPriest

Would that be more of a PinMAME thing…. Or could that be done with any DMD or image from any program…

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

As I understand it, VPM provides visibility into the DMD renderer pipeline. This is what allows VP to render a DMD for DT or FSS. Other programs? I’d throw that question over to @freezy. He’s opened up the pipeline for TPA and FX2 in order to stream frame data to real DMD. Don’t recall on FX3. Assigning frame checksums would just be another feature.

I know easier said than done, but it’s what Pinball Browser and Pin2DMD editor does. There are some kind of code examples for making this happen.

freezy
                          Participant
                            @freezy

Can anyone summarize what PinUp is? First time I hear about it.

VPM sends frames to an API implemented by dmddevice.dll, that’s how dmdext and all the other drivers today hook into it. Dmdext comes with a render pipeline that allows output to multiple displays simultaneously, but it also implements frame hashing for the coloring, so it would be indeed possible to trigger any kind of events through specific DMD frames. Problem would be more the tooling side, i.e. an editor that allows to to identify key frames and make them trigger something. Probably best to start off with Pin2DMD Editor, if you’re into Eclipse and Java. ;)

SorryHoss
                            Participant
                              @sorryhoss

Question, I see topper screen and it does populate during gameplay with different things and different modes but I can’t keep Tron legacy screen (as shown in video example) up while playing the game with it set to always on it is just at a black screen until the event happens. I have the 1.1 code, everything else works fine. Amazing work by the way it truly is impressive.

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Can anyone summarize what PinUp is? First time I hear about it. VPM sends frames to an API implemented by dmddevice.dll, that’s how dmdext and all the other drivers today hook into it. Dmdext comes with a render pipeline that allows output to multiple displays simultaneously, but it also implements frame hashing for the coloring, so it would be indeed possible to trigger any kind of events through specific DMD frames. Problem would be more the tooling side, i.e. an editor that allows to to identify key frames and make them trigger something. Probably best to start off with Pin2DMD Editor, if you’re into Eclipse and Java. ;)

PinUp Player is a program that lets you control and playback any audio and video file (it uses VLC media Player) from PuP commands using a table script, or by creating a “PuPB2S” which reacts to B2S / Rom triggers and doesn’t require mods of the table (but with less control)

PuPB2S is very easy to create and use.

Here, you can see a video demo of a “PuP table mod” I did of Tron Legacy.  The PuP commands are simple and easy to use….however for this table mod, I created a lot of new code to create control for each mode, jackpot, multiball,etc.

Being able to use specific DMD keyframes / images to trigger videos would allow me to do even more with this table for additional MB modes, Sea of Simulation,etc…  I know David wanted to touch base with you freezy, so he’ll probably be in contact with you soon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Question, I see topper screen and it does populate during gameplay with different things and different modes but I can’t keep Tron legacy screen (as shown in video example) up while playing the game with it set to always on it is just at a black screen until the event happens. I have the 1.1 code, everything else works fine. Amazing work by the way it truly is impressive.

I mentioned that the “Tron Legacy” logo is actually a Pinball X “Topper image” (not video) that acts as my Topper background for this table. This works better than having PuP run a looping Topper video for that logo as a background…at least it does for me.  :)

apayne82
                                  Participant
                                    @apayne82

If you’re running Win 7 and can’t  get the videos to display and the test function says everything is ok the fix seems to be to run the .exe files for PuP in a compatibility mode for Win2000. Setting my compatibility to XP service pack3 worked for me….I only tried that first because that was the default shown…..might work for others as well.

Thanks JohnGreeve – this fix did the trick!!!  It was the compatibility setting.

the_greeze
                                    Participant
                                      @thegreeze

I have a “Playlist not found” (or something similar) error when I use the topper mode. The PuP topper window is displayed but I get that error message in the top-left of the window.

Any ideas please?

Backglass works fine, btw.  :good:

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

I have a “Playlist not found” (or something similar) error when I use the topper mode. The PuP topper window is displayed but I get that error message in the top-left of the window. Any ideas please? Backglass works fine, btw. :good:

To be honest I can’t think of why you would get that error. The only time I ever got that error was when I changed something in the video files / folders and forgot to shutdown PuP completely before trying again….but that’s when I was creating the table mod. I haven’t seen that error ever since.

Was anything with the table itself changed or the Tron_Legacy  files?

the_greeze
                                        Participant
                                          @thegreeze

No, nothing has been changed; the table script is unaltered. All the video files seem to be in the folder and like I said, backglass-mode works fine.

the_greeze
                                          Participant
                                            @thegreeze

I have a “Playlist not found” (or something similar) error when I use the topper mode. The PuP topper window is displayed but I get that error message in the top-left of the window. Any ideas please? Backglass works fine, btw. :good:

This is now resolved. Please see here.

:good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?