Tron Pup pack troubleshooting on P2K cab

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

One area of PuP I can tell you that won’t be possible to “flip” is the text for PUPDMD etc… so examples would be HP or STSE or any of my PinEvent FP tables mods.

PuP uses vlc to play videos, but the text works as a separate layer and uses windows fonts,etc. So I don’t think you can have that flipped directly.

I have just recently been playing with a new BAM pup plugin that streams pup into any texture in FP. Very cool in VR and neat to play with it as a hologram on the table.

CarnyPriest
      Participant
        @carnypriest

One area of PuP I can tell you that won’t be possible to “flip” is the text for PUPDMD etc… so examples would be HP or STSE or any of my PinEvent FP tables mods.

PuP uses vlc to play videos, but the text works as a separate layer and uses windows fonts,etc. So I don’t think you can have that flipped directly.

I have just recently been playing with a new BAM pup plugin that streams pup into any texture in FP. Very cool in VR and neat to play with it as a hologram on the table.

That’s what I was afraid of. I haven’t gotten around to installing PinEvent final, but I figured that I was going to have trouble with dynamic scoring displays. Haven’t tried TNA yet. I think I tried a beta of HP using just two screens. STSE I think is set up using UltraDMD along with scoring on BG. It’s been months and I just played enough to be sure that they were installed correctly.

If I feel enterprising enough, I can always flip a font set in FontForge or something. May not even be terrible if only the numbers and separators are used. If I do create a flipped font set for p2k then I will certainly make it available somehow in the support threads for packs that can use them. About now, I think you can probably count the installed base of virtual p2k cabs on one hand. Unless it is an easy solution, it’s probably not worth developers spending precious time on it.

For now, if you can include the bmp conversion scripts in your converter tool collection then at least there is a ready solution to point to for PupCapture packs.

I always wondered why I didn’t seem to get any videos triggered on my cab but I had not investigated too deeply into it until now. Had PuPPlayer installed for years but never really tried to use it.

I may have to add some more conversion scripts for PupDMD as I begin installing more good stuff. Matter of fact, Tron End of Line is the next one up for me to convert. :good:

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?