Trying to get PuP-Pack working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    teme
    Participant
      @teme

I installed visual pinball couple weeks ago from VPForums and I’m trying to learn to use it. I used the installer and it installed also DMDext. Now I’m trying to get Tron working with PuP-Pack stuff. I get the new backglass and some video clips but I don’t know if all features are working.

Nailbuster’s Trouble Shooting Pup-Packs-page says there should be a PUPLOG.TXT file in vpinmame folder and if not then the system is not configured correctly. I don’t have that file.

Nailbuster’s Upgrading PinUP System to use the new FreezyDLL v1.7.1 (DMDExt 1.7.1)-page tells to modify dmdextlog.config-file but I don’t have that either.  I think other steps I have done as they say, hopefully.

How do I even know which DMDext version I’m using? I checked v1.7.0-page and downloaded one package (I don’t know if it was the right one). It contains some files. What should I do with those? Is the exe-file an installer or should I just copy them somewhere? There aren’t too much instructions.

It’s really nice that everywhere they say that this stuff is very easy to install but that doesn’t help newbie like me much. Any ideas how to get these PuP-thingies working?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

You want the 1.7.1 x86 (32 bit) or higher dmdext zip file.

The dmdext files go into your VisualPinball\PinMAME folder. NOT in the the VisualPinball\dmdext folder!

You then edit dmddevice.ini, and in that file there is a section to enable PuP.

Then when you run your VPX table, press F1 to bring up PinMAME options. Enable “Use External DLL”. This will then use dmddevice.dll (dmdext, freezy) for the DMD output instead of PinMAME. PuP-Packs need to use dmdext DMD’s images to trigger videos.

Close the table completely and try again. If you have dmdext (with PuP enabled) running, and PuP properly installed…then the table should be able to trigger videos.

teme
        Participant
          @teme

Terry, thanks for the help. Now it’s working and it looks really really nice :good:

I noticed that now I have two DMDs running. Is it possible to disable the old one? I tested couple other tables and some show this new DMD and some doesn’t. Is that normal? I have two display system and just put the DMD on backglass screen. Also I don’t use topper so is it possible to disable it from this PuP-Pack? It’s behind backglass so it doesn’t really matter much but just wondering..

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

I noticed that now I have two DMDs running Is it possible to disable the old one?

When the game is running hit F1 and turn off show DMD

Also I don’t use topper so is it possible to disable it from this PuP-Pack?

Go to the Pinupsystem folder and run the Pup-Pack editor or something like that load the Pup-Pack and you can turn off the topper in their

teme
            Participant
              @teme

Thanks, that worked.

I actually played some games instead of tweaking the tables. I noticed that you have to enable External DLL for each table separately if you want to use it. That’s why it wasn’t showing in all tables. You learn something new every day :yahoo:

Cadelle32
              Participant
                @cadelle21

Hello All, I too am having trouble getting pup packs to work.  I have done all the things others have suggested.  I installed the Tron 3 on 1 pup pack, the bg glass works, the topper works and the dmd works but only the arcade mystery video plays, no other videos pop up, I also don’t have the puplog file.  I was able to get a look at the movie trailer that Terry made from within pinup popper, any help would be appreciated

Cadelle32
                Participant
                  @cadelle21

Um never mind it turns out I had the wrong freezy dmd

HouseLive
                  Participant
                    @houselive

To any one who found this thread cause of the above mentioned issues.

Do exactly what @TerryRed says. I have been using 1.7.2 could not get any of it to work. I went back down to 1.7.1 works perfectly.

To Terry, Im a huge fan of your work. Absolutely amazing talent you have. I will be looking for anything you have created, even if i dont like the table its still going on my build. Keep up the good work Legend TerryRed.

bobcatshadow
                    Participant
                      @bobcatshadow

post moved to new thread

force10wind
                      Participant
                        @force10wind

I have all my pin up videos and pin up popper working wonderfully, this is great for virtual pinball. But has anyone had an issue with the pin up video editor not finding the pup pack? All the pup videos work fine and I can edit some of them but there are a couple like “STLE” and “topgun”  that it says “there is no pup pack” when indeed there is. Tried letting the game create the directory and installing the files there but no go. Tried removing the pup videos and re-installing them but no go.

Not a big issue since they all work including these but I cannot edit them.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Heinz

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

I have all my pin up videos and pin up popper working wonderfully, this is great for virtual pinball. But has anyone had an issue with the pin up video editor not finding the pup pack? All the pup videos work fine and I can edit some of them but there are a couple like “STLE” and “topgun” that it says “there is no pup pack” when indeed there is. Tried letting the game create the directory and installing the files there but no go. Tried removing the pup videos and re-installing them but no go.

Not a big issue since they all work including these but I cannot edit them.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Heinz

It’s because they aren’t pup-packs…they are using a PUPVideos folder and using pup commands directly in the table script…. so there’s nothing for you to edit in the pup-pack folder…. which is why there are no *.pup files in there.

force10wind
                          Participant
                            @force10wind

that explains why I can edit some and not others.

Thank you for all  your help and your efforts.

Much appreciated!

Rafael Tetsuo
                            Participant
                              @rafaeltetsuo

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?