Turn off b2s dmd by default?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mlager8
    Participant
      @mlager8

Is there a way to turn off b2s dmd by default for all tables? Was never a problem but updated vpx and now the b2s dmd image appears right on top of my freezys dmd, and I have to alt tab it on top or right click b2s and disable for every table.

Jalei
      Participant
        @jalei

deleted, did not read well

Mlager8
        Participant
          @mlager8

That will disable the whole backglass, all I want is to set the B2SDMD to hidden by default 20200603_142706

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Without testing, I expect you can set that in top of the db2serversettings.xml ?!

Mlager8
            Participant
              @mlager8

Don’t see a b2sserversettings, I see b2stablesettings but that contains options on a per table basis, don’t see anything for globals in the header

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

Don’t see a b2sserversettings, I see b2stablesettings but that contains options on a per table basis, don’t see anything for globals in the header

When ever you run a table (dB2s)  backglass a  B2STableSettings.XML is created in your tables folder

every time you run a new rom this XML is updated.

open the XML in Notepad++

use the replace tool  to change this

<HideB2SDMD>0</HideB2SDMD>

to this

<HideB2SDMD>1</HideB2SDMD>

run all your tables at least once before making this changes and backup the XML file  when you are done.

if you ever need to reinstall VP  drag and drop this XML into your tables folder

and the settings will be applied

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

I would just try to put that entry into the top, and see if it actually would accept it as a global setting. I haven’t looked at the source code, but, if db2sserver doesn’t cap out on your the next time it is fired up after doing that – who know, it might work. I agree with 32a though. You can do that, or you can run through pinmame – make it create a output of all the roms that it supports and then create a small program that populates that xml with the values. Once you start the rom for the first time, it will accept that you’ve already have a hidden setting. Many ways to solve a “problem”.

Mlager8
                  Participant
                    @mlager8

Thanka guys, what you are saying is making sense but I’m noticing other glitches since I updated so I think I’m going to roll back to a restore point from last week

32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

you can always  eliminate the problem from the start

import the dB2s into the editor

if you see a DMD image

click on it  –> press your delete key

Backglass –> create a new backglass

Capture

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

What version of VPX is causing this problem?

Mlager8
                        Participant
                          @mlager8

I had updated to the last beta of 10.6 in order to get the Dr.Who update working properly, but instead of just replacing the files I lazily used the all in one installer.
                          I think that overwrote a bunch of the custom settings I had including all my backglass and 3 screen settings which was all on me.

Anyway I rolledback my system to last week before upgrading and things are once again working properly.  When I go to upgrade again I’ll just download the zip and replace the few files instead of reinstalling everything

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

I had updated to the last beta of 10.6 in order to get the Dr.Who update working properly, but instead of just replacing the files I lazily used the all in one installer.
                            I think that overwrote a bunch of the custom settings I had including all my backglass and 3 screen settings which was all on me.
                            Anyway I rolledback my system to last week before upgrading and things are once again working properly. When I go to upgrade again I’ll just download the zip and replace the few files instead of reinstalling everything

See Updates – https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4982#entry330264

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

Wow that’s a lot of info… But helpful.

Thanks fella @outhere

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

You mention rollback. Are we talking windows rollback ? If so, be aware. I’ve seen that utility having weird behavior vs *.vpx files. My tests showed that new *.vpx files since last snapshot just vanished. Taking regular backups and cherry picking what you need – back is a much better way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?