Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Skitso
    Participant
      @skitso

Hey everyone, I’ve had a ball stuck in the gum ball machine few times. If any one knows how to fix it, it would be great.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I saw the same thing and I was curious to if it was related to the script update or not. So, I reset the nvram. Played your latest and it happens again. Then I went back to 1.0 and had no problems. Played 1.1 5-6 times, no issues with the gumball, then 1.11 and still no issues. So, to me it seems like a intermittent problem ? Anyone insight would be great. I can’t think of anything except maybe the change of useSolenoid=2 back to 1. That will disable fast flips. When 10.6 comes there will be a updated core.vbs that might or might not fix it — IF if it is related to the change of useSolenoid=2. I can’t see how anything else in the script can make this happen. It is just sound and light related changes.

Skitso
        Participant
          @skitso

There seems to be a mention of this issue in the @Ninuzzu original thread of this table. It’s stated though, that it should be fixed in the last version.  :unsure:

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Sounds like a issue for someone smarter than us ;) … now, where is @djrobx when you need him ? :unsure:   ;-)

Skitso
            Participant
              @skitso

I had a stuck ball with useSolenoid=1 too, so it’s not that at least. In the original support thread, @STAT seemed to have some idea back in 2016 what caused it, but it doesn’t seem to work now? Odd that it seemed to work back then… what has changed since? Hopefully someone who’s capable can check this out and find a fix as this is one of my all time favorite tables and it just kills me to know it can’t be played properly.  :cry:

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Well. Walls and rubbers have changed. VP is constantly moving. Sometime we break old tables when we fix a long standing bug. I have a ssf setup and it sounds like two balls are stuck somewhere. Hoping I get time to look at this in more detail during the weekend.

Skitso
                Participant
                  @skitso

I tried widening the ramps a bit below the gumball machine… and I have no idea what I’m doing.  :unsure:   But at least I got it working 3 times in a row. :)

EDIT: no, still getting stuck. It’s odd how it works flawlessly time after time, only to stop working completely in a whim… Now I’ve had three jams in a row after maybe 5-6 flawless gumball operations.

I’m off to work. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can solve this mystery.  :yes:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Yes. It can be hard to track something like this. Especially when I don’t really have the experience needed. But, well – maybe I get it by struggling ? :-)

Skitso
                    Participant
                      @skitso

Maybe setting the gumball machine to be invisible, you’d see better whats happening under it..?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Sure. There are some tricks that can be applied ;)

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

I only changed FS POV Layback to 50, then corrected X B-)

Yeah, for the Issue above, at the Moment i don’t know … Edit: tested, but i haven’t :-)

Haxter
                          Participant
                            @haxter

One of the best tables out there, thanks a bunch!

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

I thought i give the gumball machine a shot. I have thrown in about a thousand balls and triggert the gumball action about 60-80 times. I played around with the kickers and what not. The only thing i have found out is that when i made the gumball machine primitives invisible it ran flawlessly about 20 times in a row! After making the machine visible again it got stuck in round 3! What the hell!? They are all set to toys!

I ran out of time for this weekend. If you want you can try this out on your cabs. This could all just be a coincidence!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

Ah yeah, really nice mod Skitso! Great table choice!

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Thanks for that info Schreibi34. I haven’t been able to figure this out yet myself.

Skitso
                                  Participant
                                    @skitso

I had this idea that maybe it’s the powerball that causes the issue as it’s starting position is random on each table start…

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Hmm. We should be able to test that easily. Just comment out or change line 235.change

.Mass = 0.8*Ballmass

to

.Mass = 1*Ballmass

Skitso
                                      Participant
                                        @skitso

I’ve now tested the table for few hours. I could get the ball stuck in the gumball machine with the toy set to invisible but couldn’t see anything special there. I shot a powerball into the gumball machine to start a multiball, heard a couple of clicks, but no balls moved. Then the game launched the 2 other balls as it should. When the two balls were drained, the game started to search the one missing ball that didn’t come out of the gumball machine. Had to terminate program.

Then I set the powerball mass to 1 as @Thalamus suggested above, and haven’t got any stuck balls since. I’ve seen perfectly working powerball multiball, I’ve seen powerball move inside the gumball machine and I’ve seen powerball exit the gumball machine with no issues whatsoever. It still doesn’t prove anything of course, as the table has worked long stretches without issues before, but if anyone else wants to test it out, it’d be great.

Clark Kent
                                        Participant
                                          @clarkkent
                                          MemberContributor

The power ball is lighter than the regular steel balls and therefore harder to control on the real table. If you make it the same weight, the power ball makes absolutely no sense.

Skitso
                                          Participant
                                            @skitso

Yeah, of course. This is just for problem solving so we could narrow the reasons down what causes the gumball machine jam…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?