Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you for all your work in this and Totan. It’s a very nice table made by Ninuzzu and I’m happy to see that it now has both fast-flips, modulated flashers and improved graphics. Still crossing my fingers for the stuck balls :)

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying it again when I get home from work.   Weirdly, I don’t think I’ve had the ball stuck in the gumball machine yet, not even once!  I’ve played this for at least 30-40 games!

Thalamus
          @thalamus

@theloafer That is very interesting to hear. I’m pretty sure that if I where to play 30-40 full games I could before the change guarantee this happening. Can I ask. Have you played those 30-40 games recently. Since, lets say 10.4 ?

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

:good: :good:   :good:

marie
            Participant
              @marie

Very nice to see how the problem was tackled in collaboration amongst you all! :good:

What a nice community!

I will be testing this tonight.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Ah. Crap … I guess you know what that means :cry:

Skitso
                Participant
                  @skitso

Noooooooo…

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

@theloafer That is very interesting to hear. I’m pretty sure that if I where to play 30-40 full games I could before the change guarantee this happening. Can I ask. Have you played those 30-40 games recently. Since, lets say 10.4 ?

yep, all on most recent vpx 10.5 and the skitso mods.  It’s probably just one of those things

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

:-(

markrock76
                      Participant
                        @markrock76

I updated to 1.2 and I am getting the gumball not kicking out every so often.  I made most of the objects invisible so I could see what is happening and ran the Gumball test in the rom menu and it doesn’t spit out a gumball every 5 or 6 tries or so.  I’m sure nfozzy could figure out pretty quick but I don’t know how to fix this issue.  Sorry.

Skitso
                        Participant
                          @skitso

One thing I noticed while running the gumball test with the machine set to invisible:

Everything ran smoothly until one normal ball went into the machine and transformed into a powerball. After that, the machine got stuck. So this got me thinking that maybe this is a script issue after all?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@djrobx is also a guy I believe can fix it. Know that he is busy with other stuff at the moment I’ll just wait patiently :)

Have a feeling this is going to be resolved. Thanks for great info guys.

Schreibi34
                            Participant
                              @schreibi34

One thing I noticed while running the gumball test with the machine set to invisible:

Everything ran smoothly until one normal ball went into the machine and transformed into a powerball. After that, the machine got stuck. So this got me thinking that maybe this is a script issue after all?

I don’t think that the gumball test is a proof for anything. Same goes for throwing balls around on the table. Only playing will show us the real problem. Or a guy who can handle that script.

Skitso
                              Participant
                                @skitso

I don’t think that the gumball test is a proof for anything. Same goes for throwing balls around on the table. Only playing will show us the real problem. Or a guy who can handle that script.

But it does seem odd that a steel ball just transformed into a ceramic one right in front of my eyes. It looks like some kind of a logic issue for me…?

Skitso
                                Participant
                                  @skitso

I re-downloaded the original ninuzzu’s table only to notice it plays completely different. What’s interesting is, that adjusting POV settings seem to alter gameplay… I copied the POV settings to my table and now the gameplay is identical to the original. This could explain why some people don’t get the stuck ball while others do (different POV settings maybe?  Let’s see if it has any effect to the issue…  :unsure:

foofoorabbit
                                  Participant
                                    @foofoorabbit

I re-downloaded the original ninuzzu’s table only to notice it plays completely different. What’s interesting is, that adjusting POV settings seem to alter gameplay… I copied the POV settings to my table and now the gameplay is identical to the original. This could explain why some people don’t get the stuck ball while others do (different POV settings maybe? Let’s see if it has any effect to the issue… :unsure:

I think a lot of people here will tell you that what you are saying is impossible unless the z axis was changed. I can’t check right now but was your version changing the z value?

Even without knowing your answer, I have anecdotal evidence that not just z changes the gameplay. So I would fully believe you if you said the z value is the same on both the original and your modded version.

Skitso
                                    Participant
                                      @skitso

I did change Z offset but not scale. Anyone who doesn’t believe, can test it easily. You’ll notice the change immediately when launching ball. In my version, ball requires a lot less force to reach the drain…  :unsure:

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Changing z-axis has been proven again and again to lead to all kind of troubles. I didn’t think about checking that. B-)

Skitso
                                        Participant
                                          @skitso

So is Z-offset also something that should not be touched? I though it’s only the Z-scale that screws things up.

If that’s the case and the cause of all this gumball machine hassle, I’m so sorry. People have put hours into bug hunting for nothing.  :cry:

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

But it does seem odd that a steel ball just transformed into a ceramic one right in front of my eyes. It looks like some kind of a logic issue for me…?

To me it looks like a workaround for the non existing metal detectors. I’m not even sure if the table knows which ball is the ceramic one when your in multiball.

We all agree that a transformation from steel to ceramic is not how it’s done on the real table ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?