Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Few words of warnings:

First, changing the POV will mess some lighting effects

Second, the table is HARD. Just as one of the hardest pinballs ever made should be.

I’d love to hear peoples highscores. Mine so far is ~490M

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Rajo Joey
    Participant
    @joey2001

Thanks for this update. :yahoo:

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Really looking forward to this guys. You are all very good at what you do so I know this is going to be played a lot in the months to come.

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Just to make it clear, while the mod is named after me, bord and especially roth were a huge part in making this happen. The full credits are found in this post: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/twilight-zone-skitso-detail-mod/page/7/#post-162297

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

Just a couple of notes on this file.  It is FSS and VR ready (active backglass and DMD).  To use in VR, sent the VROn option in the script to True.  There is also an option for those with dual leaf switches for their flipper buttons.

I am in the process of porting over the @senseless VR room for this table.  If I can get a little better performance out of it, we’ll be posting it soon.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Thanks guys! Will check this out soon but can already tell it’s the best yet!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Just a couple of notes on this file. It is FSS and VR ready (active backglass and DMD). To use in VR, sent the VROn option in the script to True. There is also an option for those with dual leaf switches for their flipper buttons.

I am in the process of porting over the @senseless VR room for this table. If I can get a little better performance out of it, we’ll be posting it soon.

Oops, forgot these. Added this info now.

BrandonLaw
    Participant
    @brandonlaw

346m and thank you so much for this.  All the eye-candy!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

coreduo0099
    Participant
    @coreduo0099

Very nice. Thanks for the update.

One question. I can’t seem to turn on the back wall artwork (eyeballs).  I do have the sidewall art enabled.  Is there a setting somewhere I missed?

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Nope, backwall graphics were unfortunately removed as I couldn’t find a high quality art for it and because the goal of this mod was to achieve a true to original version.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Just a couple of notes on this file. It is FSS and VR ready (active backglass and DMD). To use in VR, sent the VROn option in the script to True. There is also an option for those with dual leaf switches for their flipper buttons.

I am in the process of porting over the @senseless VR room for this table. If I can get a little better performance out of it, we’ll be posting it soon.

One thing I notice with the VR room (with 3 cabinets) is it uses the cabinet’s built by 3rdaxis (which are great) but the coin doors in particular are high poly, sure they are great to look at upon approaching the table but I don’t think they are worth spending so many polygons on.  When I converted the cabinet for my JPark table on sketchfab I ended up just generating a normal map from the texture map and making it a flat reducing the poly count by 95%.  It doesn’t look nearly as good as the fully modeled version but it works.  I know there’s a lot of people with powerful PC’s who think spending a few extra thousand polys (or hundreds of thousands in some cases) is not worth worrying about since they notice no performance difference but all these things add up.  If you’re able to observe professional level quality VR games in a wireframe mode you would be surprised to see how low poly and efficient they’ve made everything.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Genesis38
    Participant
    @genesis38

Amazing job as always Skitso and team, thank you so much!! One question if I may.  Is there any way to brighten the table a little bit? I find it a bit dark and hiding all the beautiful work that was done :)

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

Amazing job as always Skitso and team, thank you so much!! One question if I may. Is there any way to brighten the table a little bit? I find it a bit dark and hiding all the beautiful work that was done :)

Adjust the day night slider.

Skitso
    Participant
    @skitso

Amazing job as always Skitso and team, thank you so much!! One question if I may. Is there any way to brighten the table a little bit? I find it a bit dark and hiding all the beautiful work that was done :)

Adjust the day night slider.

I wouldn’t rise it too much though, it’ll kill the contrast of all the lights. :)

bjschneider93
    Participant
    @bjschneider93

Is there a reason the bottom of the apron is cut off?  Great job on everything else though.  Hoping this just something i’m doing wrong

FIGURED IT OUT – LOCKDOWN BAR WAS SET TO VISIBLE, UNCHECKED IT AND EVERYTHING IS PERFECT

great job on this table!

crashb4
    Participant
    @crashb4

Having owned an example of this table in the past, I can say that it is definitely a fine representation.

plays very close as well. Thank you for your time, energy and effort.

rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw

One thing I notice with the VR room (with 3 cabinets) is it uses the cabinet’s built by 3rdaxis (which are great) but the coin doors in particular are high poly, sure they are great to look at upon approaching the table but I don’t think they are worth spending so many polygons on. When I converted the cabinet for my JPark table on sketchfab I ended up just generating a normal map from the texture map and making it a flat reducing the poly count by 95%. It doesn’t look nearly as good as the fully modeled version but it works. I know there’s a lot of people with powerful PC’s who think spending a few extra thousand polys (or hundreds of thousands in some cases) is not worth worrying about since they notice no performance difference but all these things add up. If you’re able to observe professional level quality VR games in a wireframe mode you would be surprised to see how low poly and efficient they’ve made everything.

There definitely needs to be some optimization.  I’m only using the cab for the game.  But just adding in a backwall and floor (both should be low poly), I see a significant degradation in performance.  I would be greatly appreciative of anyone willing to tackle a low poly backwall, floor, and cabinet to be added to these tables.

TNT2
    Participant
    @tnt2

Love it. Plays great.

For someone like me who really enjoys the toys on the table thanks for making an option to enable them.

Badazzwi
    Participant
    @badazzwi

We get HP and now this. We are so spoiled. Thank you to the original authors. Thank you to Skitso, bord, Roth and any other contributors for all your hard work and thank you so kindly for sharing it with us.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

joosthaanraadts
    Participant
    @joosthaanraadts

I get a fatal error while loading saying: D3derr_devicehung

All others tables (including brand new HP) play all fine. Any suggestions?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW