Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

You have latest 10.6 final of vp?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

joosthaanraadts
      Participant
        @joosthaanraadts

Yes I do…and no problems with the vpx originals like ST and HP and also the old skool ones run fine…I don’t have a clue…

grunger
        Participant
          @grunger

Looks stunning :)

How much will I upset by changing the POV?
          It’s a little too high up for me – the pops and flippers feel like I’m leaning over directly them, so I’d change the layback and FOV slightly, but doing that means I also need to adjust the x/y scales a few notches and I’m not sure how much I’d break doing that?

Also one physics note, trying to live catch and cradle the ball on the right flipper seems to send it up into the rocket launch hole nearly every time

Pinbolt
          Participant
            @pinbolt

Thanks for the great update. Is this table FS only?

The DT view look strange. A big empty black space between the table and the end of the DT.

I miss the backpanels.

emptyspace

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Looks stunning :)

How much will I upset by changing the POV?

It’s a little too high up for me – the pops and flippers feel like I’m leaning over directly them, so I’d change the layback and FOV slightly, but doing that means I also need to adjust the x/y scales a few notches and I’m not sure how much I’d break doing that?

Also one physics note, trying to live catch and cradle the ball on the right flipper seems to send it up into the rocket launch hole nearly every time

I had the same issue trying  to live catch.  I learned I was early on the flip. Wait a tad longer.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

naeromagus
              Participant
                @naeromagus

I was playing your first release(mod) of this table last night. Eagerly waiting for this release (Worth the Wait) I must say you and the team Really hit this one out the park. Graphically and Physics wise. So Thank you for all the work and hours dedicated to this. It really shows. VPX just keeps impressing with  better and better.  releases.

Mr_H
                Participant
                  @jhopwood

Thank you Team rothborski.
                  Looks and plays, amazingly. Love the look so much better that previous and if people find it too dark…adjust the night\day slider if you must. Physics are outstanding, so satisfying when the flipper catches the ball and it just stops. Rock’n roll gang, thanks a bunch to all involved!

‘Quietly whispers in the ear to Team rothborski’….”you guys should do this treatment to The Walking Dead. Strip it down and and give it the rothborski treatment to look like the real thing!

B-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  drivin33
                  Participant
                    @drivin33

A fantastic update to one of my all-time favorite tables. Thanks to Skitso and everyone else involved with this masterpiece.

Dozzie
                    Participant
                      @dozzie

This table looks absolutely fantastic! Unfortunately I’m finding that it seems to be a little jittery on my setup when other tables that I think are fairly demanding seem to run fine ie. Flinstones 4k and even the new Medieval Madness Skitso Mod.

I’m currently running an AMD Ryzen 2600 6 core 3.4Ghz

8gb ram

SSD HDD

and a Nvidia 1060ti 6GB Graphics card..

Does anyone think that this may not be a decent machine to run this table at full speed? Sorry for the basic questions! I’m still getting into the hobby and I’m noticing that a few machines lately are a little hit or miss performance wise! :)

outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Load the game in the editor on a left click options on the right Set things to default

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Dozzie
                        Participant
                          @dozzie

That did the trick nicely!! Thanks so much for your help/quick response! I’m in love with this table!! :)

Skitso
                          Participant
                            @skitso

Load the game in the editor on a left click options on the right Set things to default

Yeah, I think I enabled supersampling on this table. It’s probably too much for 1060…

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw
                              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Welp … After a few hundred games, that’s no exaggeration, I finally had a monster game. 1.377B! And I earned every bit of it.  My previous was just under 600M.  Would have been more, but I found a bug   I’ve never seen or knew what Lost in the Zone was. It kicks out all six balls. That worked fine, but when it reloaded the gumball afterwards, the balls got stuck. I didn’t know it would drain the whole gumball machine and I didn’t account for it in my logic. I’ll work out a bug fix ASAP.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

*Spoiler alert!!!*  The gumball machine drains??  This table has been one that my rig struggles to play.  But this new mod looked so impressive I emptied the bag of chicanery and spent a bunch of time getting it to run.  And now am starting to learn this table.  Thanks team rothborski for all the work that went into this.  It may be a while before I empty the gumball machine but I’m learning all about a pin I’d never played.

Cheers!!

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

“Date with the Devil.. at your own risk”    …or “Why did I let that @thalamus guy…talk me into installing a tilt bob!”  I almost emptied the gumball jar! But tilted!    no I didn’t.

Interesting side note for music fans.  Golden Earring had a big comeback-hit with Twilight Zone here in the states.  But what I find fascinating is how this Dutch band, years earlier, had another huge hit with Radar Love.  And that album cover had to be censored for the US market.  I think that was early 70’s?  What I’m learning now with all these bizarre Euro-clone and original pins I’m finding from Europe from the 70’s/80’s  – – Nautilus, Nemesis, Lunelle,  is how different sensibilities can be.

robertms
                                  Participant
                                    @mophead

trying to live catch and cradle the ball on the right flipper seems to send it up into the rocket launch hole nearly every time

In the words of Steve Ritchie: “Play better!”

BTW, brilliant physics @rothbauerw, amazing visuals @skitso and @bord, great team effort certainly worthy of the v2.0 moniker. This game has now advanced straight into my FTGIL folder (@brandonlaw  “fuck this game, I love it” category). Great stuff guys, many thanks to all involved!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Will there be a 2.0.2 update ??

Skitso
                                      Participant
                                        @skitso

Updated to v2.03

• Fixed ‘Lost in the Zone’ -mode gumball machine logic
                                        • Added a lamp reflection to slotmachine scoop
                                        • Fixed a mini playfield wall that was partly inside a rubber peg
                                        6 users thanked author for this post.
                                        The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Welp … After a few hundred games, that’s no exaggeration, I finally had a monster game. 1.377B! And I earned every bit of it. My previous was just under 600M. Would have been more, but I found a bug I’ve never seen or knew what Lost in the Zone was. It kicks out all six balls. That worked fine, but when it reloaded the gumball afterwards, the balls got stuck. I didn’t know it would drain the whole gumball machine and I didn’t account for it in my logic. I’ll work out a bug fix ASAP.

Thanks for fixing the bug.  Your comment reminds me of why I was so disappointed in the Pinball Arcade version.  I understand that the rights holder (williams) had requested the Pinball Arcade version be more “accessible” but I think on my 1st or 2nd game, I got Lost in the Zone.  For many it was still a fun game but… man it’s Twilight Zone, it has to be challenging.  We’ve had really fun VPX versions, but this new version plays the best and harder, so certainly will feel more rewarding when we get the odd monster game.

A game like Twilight Zone being easy is basically the same as being neutered:  so thanks all for giving back Twilight Zone’s balls! ;)

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

Welp … After a few hundred games, that’s no exaggeration, I finally had a monster game. 1.377B! And I earned every bit of it. My previous was just under 600M.

Damn. I suck at pinball.

Love this table.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?