TX-Sector DOZER MOD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    roccodimarco
    Participant
      @roccodimarco

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tx-sector-dozer-mod/

I started this MOD while waiting for balater’s awesome version to be corrected to 100% working (the ramps are having issues.) Thalamus reminded me of Dozers version of TX-Sector, and there was always something about it that I wasn’t crazy about, but I had forgotten, so I decided to go back and take another look.  That’s when I realized what bugged me.  The table is somewhat “free handed” or loosely based off of the original version.    So, I worked on his playfield a bit to get it closed to the original.

While it’s still not 100% accurate. I made it look a little closer to the real thing.  I grabbed table resources from balaters table, and used some new resources for drop targets (feel free to use balater for your table).  This table was also a notorious ball drainer, both down the middle and off the sides.  I made some very small tweaks and put a post in between the flippers to allow some longer play.  There are a few things I’m still not happy with, most notably, when the ball hits certain plastics is just “dies” and when it hits the flippers the ball sometimes just rolls off instead of bouncing like newer tables.  I have been playing around with the flippers, but can’t seem to figure it out.  I do plan on maybe reworking the plastics next, but with Balater’s table on the horizon of being finished I’ll probably just wait for his!

roccodimarco
      Participant
        @roccodimarco

I’m aware the picture is not TX Sector.  For some reason the website keep choosing this picture even though Im uploading my playfield picture.

Untitled

Here is what it actually looks like

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Looks nice!  You working on Jungle Lord too?

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Looks nice! You working on Jungle Lord too?

I am not.  To be honest I have no idea why that was popping up.  It’s not even my photo! Guessing it was a site error.

Blompottan
            Participant
              @blomman

Downloading tonight!

Löve TX :good:

BeachBumTN
              Participant
                @beachbumtn

Thanks, it plays really nice.  I also look forward to the next release but will really enjoy playing this one.

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

Still having issues with photos on my end.  The new photo SHOULD be this:

Untitled

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

@roccodimarco : Ctrl + F5

stumblor
                    Participant
                      @stumblor

I have a mate who is currently refurbing a nice TX Sector, maybe you could hit him up for a playfield scan?

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-tx-tx-tx-sector-1988.44941/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?