This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rosve 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
     rosve 
    Participant

My first WIP topic in a long time. I have decided to only make tables of my own design from now on, here is a small sneak peek of what I am working on now.

It is starting to look quite good now.

The only thing missing on the playfield are the flashers but I will add them later on.

I’m going to start designing the ruleset structure in the script next,. Will be fun, Writing code is the most interresting aspect of building original tables :-)

wip07

6 users thanked author for this post.
     The Loafer 
    Participant

Hi Rosve,

I posted on facebook about this wip, big hulk fan, loved Peter David’s epic run on the Hulk and it looks like this is going to be outstanding!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Looks very nice!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

rosve 
    Participant

This WIP is moving forward really well.

Worked a bit more on the playfield details.

Also worked on the script today, got all the basic stuff working and I have designed a new Game Engine (or maybe Framework is a better word) that can handle an advanced rule set with multiple modes and missions.

wip08

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

You are aware of Scotty’ Framework ? https://orbitalpin.com/

rosve 
    Participant

You are aware of Scotty’ Framework ? https://orbitalpin.com/

This kind of stuff isn’t rocket science,  and I prefer to use my own solution when I can.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  rosve.
     rosve 
    Participant

Put more than 2000 lines of vbscript code in over the last couple of days and everything seems to work as expected 😅

One thing I’m struggeling with is the ridiculous ball spin in VPX, is the any way of turning it off or at least dampening it? It completely ruins the otherwise good physics.

I have tried to add more friction to the playfield but that only makes the game strangly sluggish.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  rosve.
     Thalamus 

Yepp. There is still things with VP that isn’t perfect. I guess it never will or the mission would be accomplished.

However. We are a few guys that seems to believe that there are some golden values – that at least gets you closer to the real deal and Roth made 3 tutorials on it. I’m not 100% sold on all that is being said. But, it is IMO way better than what you normally use from eg. the example table, which has been updated a few times while I’ve been around.

I recommend that you take a peek at these tutorials. https://vpinball.com/category/tutorials/ – named nFozzy physics and use that a base for what you are trying to do.

rosve 
    Participant

Today I had to make a major design desicion, how to present the score.

My first option was to create my own dmd solution ( expanding on what I did for my Space 1999 table many years ago). Thought hard about it and realized it’s too much work for me right now.

The next option was to use UltraDMD instead. I have it working in the table but I don’t really like it that much and I understand that many users have some trouble with it.

So, my final desicion is to dust of my old segmented display code that I used in some of the VP9 originals that I made. Mainly because I like segmented displays but also because it works with no issues for both desktop users and with b2s for cabinet users.  And perhaps someone like the table enough to eventually mod it for PUP.

The table is completed in regards of gameplay. What s left to do is the score display and sound effects\ music.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  rosve.
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

PuP is a great option. I’ve been working to get it into my template, and it works very well. It may not replace b2s for lights (I still need to experiment with that idea), but it can easily replace a simple translite b2s.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Thalamus 

Looking forward to see this table Roger. I’m very happy to hear that you don’t go for UltraDMD. I’ve never been able to make them play 100% smooth in windowed mode, even with a nvidia 1080. And, I’m sure you are aware. VPX after 10.4 has Y axis position too, 9th parameter to the regular PlaySound.

rosve 
    Participant

Yes, I am know of the PlaySound parameters but it’s difficult to use them with only stereo speakers.

Perhaps someone with good knowledge in SSF setups could take a look at my table when I’m done and make the needed sound adjustments.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

love me some segmented displays.  I modded some old stuff from I think wizardshat?? when I’ve used them.

Thalamus 

@rosve : I can send you my slightly changed Skyrocket and then you can decide if you want me to take a stab at U-Foes later on. B-)

rosve 
    Participant

@thalamus , lets do it this way: I’ll finish the table my way complete with B2S and DOF but with simple PlaySounds that works with my ”halfway DOF-ed” cabinet. Then I’ll let you do your SSF magic on it before the public release.

Thalamus 

Far from magic I can tell you. But, sounds like a plan.

Herweh 
    Participant
    vipMemberContributor

@rosve, you can have a look into the code of my ‚Atlantis‘ build. There are about 7 or 8 functions for all SSF needs. Stuff like ‚PlaySoundAt‘ or ‚PlaySoundAtVol‘. And nearly all or even all my sound calls are running thru these functions. I‘m 100% sure there is no problem for you to code it correctly. And try a headset to check it out, it‘s fun to hear the ball rolling from right to left.  ;-)

Just an idea.

rosve 
    Participant

@herweh yeah, I have those function already. Problem is they don’t work well with DOF on my cab. The DOF settings in vpx preferences are too limited for what I need, thats why I have to make special sfx/DOF selection in the script (like in skyrocket).

thats why I will make my own version first and the let someone who can actually test it set up the SSF sounds.

rosve 
    Participant

Working on the in game music and I have a couple of tracks ready, here is one I made this evening

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

That sounds great! I love originals so really like what I see so far. Great work

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account