UltraDMD and PINDMD3 not working together

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krodak
    Participant
      @krodak

I have been struggling to get UltraDMD tables and PINDMD3 working together. Here is a list of things I have tried

I am running Windows 10 1903

I had everything working great including Pinscape with DOF and Pinup Player and Popper

VPX 10.6 Beta

VpinMame 3.2 beta

Freezy’s DMDext extensions.

Pin Vol

All of my rom tables worked great including those with pup packs

The trouble occurred when I tried Jaws VPX and Masters of the Universe VPX. These two ultra dmd tables gave a

Could not create object: UltraDMD error

I tried everything including thalmus XDMD files

I then reloaded from a base win 10 image

Re installed VPX 10.5 with the all in one installer installed to C:\Visual Pinball

Installed the 10.6 beta and VpinMame 3.2 beta files

Installed the freezy 1.7.2 dll’s

Again all of the rom tables worked fine displayed on the PinDMD3

Tried loading up Jaws

Same error

Loaded the pindmdcfg, clear, exe’s they didn’t work either saying pindmd not found

Re labled the XDMD folder to old

Installed XDMD using the latest standalone installer

Now Ultradmd.exe /c worked and displayed both a virtual dmd and identical display on the Pindmd 3

However when I would run Jaws now, the dmd display was blank but when I would exit the table I would see the virtual dmd for a second or two then it would close.

At this point I tried Thalmus Xdmd files.could not create object Ultra DMD error.

I have reloaded windows, ran the all in one VPX10.5 installer, copied the 10.6 beta files over. Copied the beta 3.2 vpinmame over. Ran setup and set the defaults to use the external.dll. Renamed all of the existing dmddevice.dll in all folders to .off copied freezys files 1.7.1 over into the vpinmame directory.

I still get the ultradmd object not found error. I tried opening a admin cmd prompt and running ultradmd.exe /i  nothing happens. Ultradmd.exe /c nothing happens. Checking the task manager there isn’t any instances of Ultradmd running.

I now have gotten rid of the error by renaming the XDMD folder to old and installing ultradmd into the c:\visual pinball folder. I also made sure I have renamed all of the dmddevice.dll to dmddevice.dll_off in all of the folders except for vpinmame.

Now I have the virtual dmd displaying on the playfield. But still nothing on the DMD when loading ultradmd tables.

Running ultradmd.exe /c from the cmd prompt results in a virtual dmd being displayed as well as being displayed on the DMD.

So ultradmd now is working but just not within VPX on the DMD.

Can anyone help?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

It should be as easy as to copy dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini from freezy 1.7.1 into xdmd folder. The same version you have in vpinmame.

Then you also need xdmdnative.dll and xdmd.dll in xdmd folder. What archive did you get from me ? This one ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec2dl5qt4dr2t9w/dmddevice_for_pindmd3.zip?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Krodak
        Participant
          @krodak

Yep, that’s the one.

So to recap

Copy the dmddevice.dll and ini from vpinmame (freezy’s edition)

Copy xdmdnative.dll and xdmd.dll from your archive to the XDMD folder

Thanks for the help I will try it right away.

Krodak
          Participant
            @krodak

Thalmus…….OMG thanks so much it’s working now.

I copied freezy’s files and left the stock ones there, no change.

I used your xdmdnative and xdmd and success it works….. Yahooo

I then ran ultradmd /c to hide the virtual and all is good.

Again thanks

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Happy to hear that it is finally working for you.

zimbakin
              Participant
                @zimbakin

This solved my dmd issue with those two tables also… thanks

Never take advice from me,
                you'll end up drunk.

studlygoorite
                Participant
                  @studlygoorite

It should be as easy as to copy dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini from freezy 1.7.1 into xdmd folder. The same version you have in vpinmame.

Then you also need xdmdnative.dll and xdmd.dll in xdmd folder. What archive did you get from me ? This one ?

This just fixed me up also after dozens of hours trying to figure it out. THANKS!!!!!

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Yeah. Well – I recommend to replace UltraDMD with FlexDMD. https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&page=1

studlygoorite
                    Participant
                      @studlygoorite

Yeah. Well – I recommend to replace UltraDMD with FlexDMD. https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=43569&page=1

This just fixed me up also after dozens of hours trying to figure it out. THANKS!!!!!

I take that back :) now several pup pack tables won’t react to add coins or start. Should I have left my own xdmdnative.dll and xdmd.dll files in the XDMD folder?

studlygoorite
                      Participant
                        @studlygoorite

Reading up on Flex DMD now thanks…..have it installed now…..NOTE: Tables launch fine from Visual Pinball just not through Pinup .

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

You should not touch what you had running. Just install Flexdmd following instructions.

studlygoorite
                          Participant
                            @studlygoorite

It was only running for a couple of games….below is what I did and am doing now.

I took my xdmdnative.dll and xdmd.dll files out of my XDMD folder and replaced with yours. All worked for a bit and then tables would not start and could not add coins. Then I did as you said, installed Flex DMD and most pup packs would not work but I could add coins and play. So now I am going to see what happens when I take all the Flex files back out and try to get back to normal…….I guess

studlygoorite
                            Participant
                              @studlygoorite

Ok unregistered Flex and things were worse. Registered Flex again and everything is running. I an not going to touch anything ever again :) Thanks

d8thstar
                              Participant
                                @d8thstar

my brain hurts!

i followed the directions, i swear!  i’m still only getting the virtual dmd, not on dmd3.

i need a break, come at this with fresh eyes…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?