Ultradmd/Freezy issue

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    newtopinball78
    Participant
      @newtopinball78

Hello new day new issue lol…..so I just want to say that I usually read a bunch of suggestions before I post on here and tried them all to no avail….for some reason when I click ultradmd.exe the virtual dmd is not showing any longer…..nothing happens. I can only see the window where you can set colors and size.  The virtual window that use to say 2 million I believe will not pop up.  The strange thing is that when I run certain tables the virtual dmd (freezy dmd) does pop up and in the correct postion (thanks Thalamus).  I tried a suggestion on running Serious Sam table to possibly fix this issue but the table runs but no virtual dmd.  If I alt tab on that table it shows a window with virtual dmd with nothing in the window.  I remember when I use to launch tables through visual pinball I use to see the ultradmd logo before the dmd showed that doesn’t happen anymore either.  I don’t know why it suddenly stopped working….when I clicked ultradmd.exe before it use to pop up with a virtual window with options to set size and choose colors and I don’t understand why a virtual dmd wont show on the Serious Sam table.

As I stated I’ve tried installing Serious Sam table to possibly reset the ultradmd as someone suggested

Tried deleting xdmd folder and reinstalling the ultradmdsetup.msi

Tried re installing dmdext v 1.7.2

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Open cmd prompt – go the the folder where it is installed. ultradmd.exe /i (install – it if not working) or ultradmd.exe /c (to start config window). Does that help you out ?

naeromagus
        Participant
          @naeromagus

Freezies has nothing to do with ultra Dmd. I know when I was playing around with ultra Dmd settings (Dmd size)  I had issue where virtual Dmd would just be a black box. So all I did was right click the dmd window Uncheck show virtual Dmd save. Right click again  and then re-enable it fixed the issue.

newtopinball78
          Participant
            @newtopinball78

Hey Thalamus..I had already tried

Open cmd prompt – go the the folder where it is installed. ultradmd.exe /i (install – it if not working) or ultradmd.exe /c (to start config window as I read this somwhere before…..I think it was you helping someone with pindmd

When I do this like I was saying if i do install /i  line a window pops up for a quick second and disappears so I’m not sure what is going on in that window…when I do /c only the configure ultradmd where you can choose hide virtual dmd full color etc pops up but the virutal dmd (usually opens with 2 Million in dmd) is blank….I have noticed the virtual dmd ones that work when I alt tab have a pinball icon next to Virtual DMD….the ones that wont work when I alt tab have a pinballx icon in the virtual dmd when I alt tab….I am opening all tables in visual pinball so I don’t know what thats about

Naeromagus….I can’t right click any window as that virtual dmd in config option is not coming up at all only the window that lets you choose the dmd size and dmd color

naeromagus
            Participant
              @naeromagus

That window with sizes and color there should be a box check with show virtual Dmd. Uncheck then reopen window to check it

newtopinball78
              Participant
                @newtopinball78

Hello thanks for all your suggestions…..I have no idea what happened so I just restored a windows system image I had done a couple weeks back.  Everything is back to normal and ultradmd is working like before.

I know we don’t have to have the virtual dmd for the Stranger Things pinup table but I like it showing the virtual dmd.  The only thing is it is not resizing to the settings in my dmddevice.ini file.  All other tables the virtual dmd is positioned and sized correctly.  Serious Sam also now shows the virtual dmd but is not following position or size of dmddevice.ini file either.

Is there a trick for these two tables or you just can’t resize the dmd on these tables??

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Put a copy of your dmddevice.ini file from VPinMame folder into your ultradmd folder

newtopinball78
                  Participant
                    @newtopinball78

Hey outhere…..tried that didn’t do anything.  It’s only happening with 3 tables….stranger  things pinup, jaws pinup, and serious sam from what I can tell all other tables I tried use the positioning and size from dmddevice.ini.  The three above tables only size to what I have in the ultradmd config.  I also have the resize grip enabled and it shows with all tables except these three.

outhere
                      @outhere

The ultradmd tables do not use the information coming from VPinMAME folder, that is for VP tables

You could use the ultradmd for the ultradmd tables or

You could also try copping the DmdDevice.dll from your VPinMAME folder into your ultradmd folder

newtopinball78
                      Participant
                        @newtopinball78

Ok I may not be understanding fully…so the positioning you set in dmddevice.ini does not pertain to ultradmd??  So where do you set the positioning and size for ultradmd for the games that use ultradmd??

outhere
                          @outhere

so the positioning you set in dmddevice.ini  That’s in the VPinMAME folder does not pertain to ultradmd?? —> This is correct

Left click the ultradmd and drag it where you want it
                          Right click the ultradmd, should bring up a menu – their sizes are in there – can only be certain sizes

Or try this Copping your dmddevice.ini and DmdDevice.dll from your VPinMAME folder into your ultradmd folder
                          And see if it creates DMD

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          newtopinball78
                          Participant
                            @newtopinball78

ok now I get it that is where the confusion was so you cant set a custom size for ultradmd………thank you for taking time to explain that….I am learning something new everyday.  I was just wondering with your experience if you could answer one more question I had.  On vpx (I am running vpx 10.6.0) some tables when launched through vpx are dispalying this message

This table was saved with version 10.60 and is newer that the supported version 10.50! You might get problems loading/playing it!

Is there a way to ignore this message so it doesn’t display??

outhere
                              @outhere

After you get rid of the message click on file and save that should get rid of that message

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              newtopinball78
                              Participant
                                @newtopinball78

Thank you so much for your help yes that worked

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

@newtopinball78 : That message is the for a reason. In this case it means that the table is made for 10.6 of course. A upgrade to 10.6 is a better choice. Currently it is stable and much improved over 10.5 official. Running 10.6 in 10.5 will work, but, things like improved saucers, or other “new” things, just won’t work the way the author intended.

outhere
                                    @outhere

@newtopinball78 – You might be getting that error because you’re not on the latest 10.6

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

Like @thalamus says above it is stable

newtopinball78
                                    Participant
                                      @newtopinball78

But I am running 10.6.0 if I go in vpx about it says version 10.6.0 (Revision 3531, 32 bit) anyways the issue was resolved I just didn’t want to click ok everytime to acknowledge the message.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

If it says that when you start – you must have some oddness with the shortcuts your using or however you start VP.  I’ve never heard someone running 10.6 getting those warnings. You don’t by any chance have two installations of VP ? If so, you should know that it is asking for trouble. VP can’t really be installed more than once without registry hackery.

newtopinball78
                                        Participant
                                          @newtopinball78

Hey Thalamus I only have vpx installed once and shortcut is directly to that in my c:\visual pinball folder so I’m not sure.  I am just glad everything is working ok as of now lol. My vp9 tables vpx tables and pup pack tables are working with backglass, freezy dmd and ultradmd positioned correctly…I also just started using color roms for dmd which look great. That file save thing outhere mentioned is working to remove that message.  The only thing I notice is with some pup tables like walking dead the videos stutter a bit so I might have to lower my settings.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Well. What can I say. if it works for you … B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?