UltraDMD just stopped Help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rx2006je
    Participant
      @rx2006je

Need help with my Ultradmd . It just stopped loading and will not do anything. I tried searching forums with no success with the problem. I tried clicking on the ultradmd.exe and nothing happens. Tried reinstalling it and repaing it, nothing. Tried moving dmddevice.ini and .dll into the XDMD folder didn’t work.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. here is a screen shot of what is running. It looks like it is running but is completely blankdmd

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Rebooted ? Uninstalled and rebooted ? Anti-virus/Defender off ? What if you don’t start a game and run ultradmd /c from a cmd prompt ?

rx2006je
        Participant
          @rx2006je

how do i run from cmd prompt it comes up c:\windows\system32 i change the directory to c:\ i type in the ultradmd /c and says it isn’t a recognizable path

Thalamus
            @thalamus

you have to go to the place where ultradmd is installed.

cd c:\

cd c:\virutual pinball\ultradmd

or where ever you have installed it.

rx2006je
            Participant
              @rx2006je

ok so it is in c:\Visual Pinball\XDMD\ so i should type c:\Visual Pinball\XDMD\UltraDMD\ c

Thalamus
                @thalamus

No … you type ( pretty sure it is installed in XDMD folder )

cd c:\Visual Pinball\XDMD

ultradmd.exe /c

It is essential to use the slash the correct way.

rx2006je
                Participant
                  @rx2006je

here is what i am getting typing it incmd

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Yes. Your problem is that you have no clue how to work with paths with spaces in them. So, here is a for dummies guide.

cd means – change directory – you see in the yellow window the “PATH” – it is with spaces in them. cmd.exe is not very happy with spaces if you don’t help it once it sees them.

A new commando – ‘dir’ – it shows you a directory listing inside the cmd-prompt window. You don’t need to jump all the way in one go, but it should be.

cd “Visual Pinball\Xdmd” – then the prompt will change to indicated that your in the correct folder and a ‘dir’ should also list the files that you have in your explorer window. If it doesn’t – it will always fail since you are not in the correct folder.

ultradmd.exe /c

… means, configure – if it can’t – it should give you an error.

ultradmd.exe /i

…. tries to re-register the application ( it is kind of a – lets try to re-register this app, and might in some cases help you to get it working if it craps out with the configure above. )

– an extra tip, pressing <tab> key while tying might fill in parts of the name for you. If there is several alternatives – press <tab> again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?