UltraDMD/Teensy/PinDMD v3 Conflict?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    truegamer25
    Participant
      @truegamer25

Hey there,

I thought I posted here, guess not – anyway, I am pretty much all done w/ my setup, but for some reason when I load tables which are using an UltraDMD, I am getting a “Pindmd not found” error message. I have a teensy installed for my led’s, and a PinDMDv3, and have tried changing the COM port, but no matter what I change it to I get that error. The moment I unplug the teensy, UltraDMD works fine. I researched and didn’t see a fix, but did see that it was mentioned the PinDMDv3 shares the teensy driver spec, so my theory is UltraDMD has an autodetection somewhere, and just fails out when there are two teensy boards in the system. Anyone have an idea on what would need to get changed?

truegamer25
      Participant
        @truegamer25

Anyone have something for me to try? There are some tables I’d really like to play w/ DMD that utilize UltraDMD…

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Sorry. No clue. Don’t have your hardware combination.

truegamer25
          Participant
            @truegamer25

Sorry. No clue. Don’t have your hardware combination.

I have a teensy with an Octo ws2811, a PinDMDv3, two sainsmart 8 ch. USB relays, and a Virtuapin Digital Plunger kit v3 for button/interface/nudge.

I narrowed the issue down to only generating the “PindmdV3 not found” error when I have the teensy board plugged in, doesn’t matter what else is plugged in, and it only happens on tables with UltraDMD. Tables using ROMs & dmd displays from there are working perfectly fine. Hopefully someone who knows a bit about UltraDMD will see this and chime in :)

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Tom ( main guy ) over at PinballX might know something. I believe he have done some work on it. Not sure.

Btw. You are using the latest dmddevice from freezy for the ultradmd and it has a copy of the dmddevice.ini or env set so it finds it ?

truegamer25
              Participant
                @truegamer25

I was pretty sure I had freezy’s dmddevice, but I’ll try looking at that this evening & re-download if necessary – I’ll update here if that fixes the troubles

*Update-before-the-verification* – I THINK I might have finally fixed this, but will need to check when I head home this evening (yay remote access at work ;) I had the dmddevice.dll under \visual pinball\xdmd but with no dmddevice.ini file, so I grabbed the dmddevice I had for dmdext (which I’m pretty sure is Freezy’s anyway?) and the dmddevice.ini as well/configured it accordingly. I saw one table w/ Ultradmd enabled run properly, just can’t visually confirm if it was showing on the dmd till i get back…here’s hoping! :D

truegamer25
                Participant
                  @truegamer25

Ok – confirmed visually that the ultradmd tables are now loading and displaying properly on the PinDMD v3 – all I did was update both dmddevice.dll and dmddevice.ini in \visual pinball\xdmd with the files from dmdext, and configured the dmddevice.ini for output to the PinDMD v3.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Happy to hear that !

Cadelle32
                    Participant
                      @cadelle21

I am having this same problem, I have tried everything to get this working, I seem to have dmddevice.dll’s and ini’s  and pindmd.dll’s and ini’s everywhere.  They’re in xdmd folder, in vpinmame folder, they’r in so many folders I’m not sure which one controls it all.  Which folder should they be in, so I can try to narrow this down

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?