Unreleased VP Tables

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

Okay so just a thought rattling around in my head.  How many created VP tables are floating around, never shared or publicly released?  Let’s say there are table authors out there making the best tables and never sharing them.  Or even better yet shares them with like 2 people, and then one of them shares with a few other people and these tables become underground gems, where you need to know a guy to get that table.  I guess I’m just saying it for food for thought, also be thankful so many people DO share their hard work with the rest of us. :good:

On that note if anybody knows a guy and has any unreleased tables, can you share them with me too??  I promise to be quiet about it… Or would this be like talking about fight club? :scratch:

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

These recreations take a crazy amount of time. The vast majority of us are very grateful for the hard work that authors put into these works of art. It’s just a shame that a few folks ruin it for everyone.

Welcome to real life I suppose.

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

lol what table do you want?

Yes there’s lots of tables that have been made that haven’t been released. I wouldn’t say they’re all very high quality, most of them were made just to pla. There’s a few though that got made, even by people still active in development or possibly semi-retired, that never got released, that are very good. These are all VP9 tables though, I don’t think any VPX table are old enough to have never been released, if you know what I mean

Punch it!

CarnyPriest
          Participant
            @carnypriest

NGG! You know it’s out there somewhere being HOARDED! Right next to Ghostbusters, of course.

:yes:

freneticamnesic
              @freneticamnesic
              vipModeratorMember

NGG exists yea hope you like VP8!

Who was working on that? I know Dark made some models for it, is that still a WIP then?

Sorry I won’t share Ghostbusters, as it’s unauthorized just ask Paul.

Punch it!

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

NGG for VP10?  I think that’s somewhere along the lines of a Sasquatch   :yes:

I have already have Ghostbusters…2011 original

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

There’s an issue with the turntable (spinning wheel thing) in NGG that no one can seem to resolve other than that the WIP is fully playable and is visually complete.  The table looks great.  I don’t know why bodydump hasn’t released it, simply because I haven’t asked, I figure he probably get’s that enough already haha! :P

I really love the look of that new ghostbusters table and I’d love to do all the models for it, especially the slimer toy and stay puff.  I know that table’s still fairly new and it’s probably not “cool” to do but to be totally honest it’s one of those ‘inner circle projects’ I’d love to hop on board for.  The reasons for hoarding tables is usually due to politics.  Like Fren said though, most aren’t high quality.  For the most part table authors want to see their creations enjoyed by a lot of people but some times the politics or drama can skew that.  I’m hoping some attitudes will be different over here on this site.

3dcreation

TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

Ghostbusters would be an awesome table. I haven’t talked to anyone who has played it but it’s reputation seems to be pretty good.

As far I the new SPIKE system I have to admit, last April Fool’s Day I was, to quote Homer Simpson, “quite the fool.”

:bye:

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

uumm…. NGG I can for sure tell you is pretty much done…..
                      but BD is a perfectionist so i’m sure he wants more things tweaked

but yeah there are many vp10beta tables that were started and never finished… one being Junk Yard, I’ve modded the shit out of the beta
                      and these are all still out there for the taking… so get out there and start TAKING!!!   ;)

temp

Attachments:
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

yeah wow my version of junk yard looks nothing like that

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

That brings up a good point.  There are probably also a multitude of tables that have been modded into much cooler tables that will never see the light of day because someone doesn’t want to go through the process of getting approval from another author, or doesn’t want to step on somebody’s toes by circulating a modded table.

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

I always forget about those beta tables listings on VP forums, and how have never seen junkyard before :wacko:   Is there a rule when these can be considered abandoned, allowing other to take over where people have stopped?  I think this has been debated somewhere before.

and good point @drybonz  I think there are a bunch of tables which have been modified by others, that will never see the light of day because of respect to the original author.  Would be great to see what Haunt’s lighting take would look like on most tables.  Or even Clark Kent’s mods towards physics, layout etc.  The odd one i have seen i like to look at side by side to see what a person did differently from the original table (I am a visual learner)

Umpa
                            Participant
                              @umpa

uumm…. NGG I can for sure tell you is pretty much done…..
                              but BD is a perfectionist so i’m sure he wants more things tweaked

but yeah there are many vp10beta tables that were started and never finished… one being Junk Yard, I’ve modded the shit out of the beta
                              and these are all still out there for the taking… so get out there and start TAKING!!!   ;)

temp

looks like someone is making a vpx junk yard on the other VP site. :thumbup:

Dodger
                              Participant
                                @dodger1980

I doubt it that a SPIKE enabled PinMAME version or even a table will see the light of day anytime soon.

I remember that authors’ got bombarded with PM’s at VPU when a screenshot of a table was released but the table couldn’t, because of the SAM rules.

If the same stuff happens with SPIKE I think the waiting time will be worse ;-)

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

uumm…. NGG I can for sure tell you is pretty much done….. but BD is a perfectionist so i’m sure he wants more things tweaked but yeah there are many vp10beta tables that were started and never finished… one being Junk Yard, I’ve modded the shit out of the beta and these are all still out there for the taking… so get out there and start TAKING!!! ;) temp

Dude, share that one and I will take it!    :yes:

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

mfuegemann has a WIP going

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35882&hl=%2Bjunk+%2Byard

Phil Docker
                                    Participant
                                      @dock

I am waiting for Pinball Magic (Capcom) – it was started by Uncle Willy for VPX (he released a WIP) – and I also have a VP9 WIP that is nowhere near finished.

All things come to those who wait (hopefully)

That JunkYard looks amazing – where can we download it ?

Ta

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

It’s not available yet… but you can find the WIP thread in the recent posts at VPF.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        bent98
                                        Participant
                                          @bent98

Is the Junkyard in the VPF thread the same as the one shown here? I dont think so? Haunt are you going to release yours? The one thats being worked on right now on VPF is not as good.

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

I don’t think we can say it’s not as good since it isn’t finished, or released, and none of us have actually played it.

The one HF has pictured there is from an old beta thread at VPF… a version that was never finished.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?