Unwanted nudging

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

Okay, so this is strange.  I’ve noticed that with VPX tables only, I will get unwanted vertical nudges.  This will happen usually when rapidly hitting flippers like in a multiball.  I can induce it by hit both flippers rapidly.   The table lurches upwards like a digital center forward nudge and if I hit the flippers enough it will induce a tilt.  My analogue nudge is off.  So not that.   I read about something similar in a physmod thread at vpf and the solution was to comment out nudging in the table scripts.  Any one else get this.  It’s not a stutter, but an unwanted nudge.  And only vertical not left or right.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Doesn’t happen to me. What settings do you currently have for you kit ?

Dr.Tom
        Participant
          @crile1
          MemberContributor

Funny thing is, I don’t remember having this problem until lately.  The only thing  I’ve done is try once again to play around with analogue nudging on vp10.  I got frustrated and gave up, turned off analogue nudging in settings and now this.  I may try to reload vpx.exe again and see if that kicks everything back to normal.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Key press assigned to nudge in preferences if vpx? Very strange let us know what it was

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

robwaade
            Participant
              @robwaade

try to turn down the x and y gain in vpx settings i noticed it when numbers were over 350 with my zeb

Dr.Tom
              Participant
                @crile1
                MemberContributor

FIXED!!!!    :yahoo:

First, I had analog unchecked and was still getting the center nudge (screen shake and ball moves upwards) with rapid flipper movements.  I came along a post by Jimmyfingers saying multiple analogue nudges can trigger a center digital nudge.  Not sure if this is what he was talking about…but closest thing I can think of.  But not sure why it was nudging when I had it turned off…or so I thought.  But then I saw a comment in vpf forums to disable x and y Axis under keys/nudge.  THAT is what worked for me.  Once I disabled it, no more unwanted center nudges and tilt.  Obviously, I do not get analogue nudging, but well…like most never got that to work well in VPX anyway.  So, there…if anyone else ever gets this problem, point them here.

robwaade
                Participant
                  @robwaade

i cant get it to tilt  any suggestions on settings  im gonna try what you came up with on nudge see if it runs better thanks

TXT11
                  Participant
                    @txt11

I find that nudging tables under VPX shakes the view of the table violently but doesn’t actually nudge the ball in any direction.  Does anyone else have this problem with VPX?  I haven’t changed anything from my VP9.9 or PM5 versions…. :wacko:

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

I find that nudging tables under VPX shakes the view of the table violently but doesn’t actually nudge the ball in any direction. Does anyone else have this problem with VPX? I haven’t changed anything from my VP9.9 or PM5 versions…. :wacko:

Sounds like you are talking keyboard nudging, or at least key based?  In preferences, video options, lower the number (or make 0 for off) the visual nudge strength box.  that will clear up or lessen the screen shake.  how much the key based nudging effects the ball is also script based in strength, in the table_keydown section of the script and honestly not sure what the values mean float force is the definition, but what is normal????  anyway, common topic on vpx as the nudge effects on the ball are much reduced from earlier versions to actually be more realistic.  some say too much reduced.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?