Upcoming – The New PostDMD Mod – Masters of the Universe

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

I’ve gotten clearance from randr to post about a mod I’ve submitted to him for Masters of the Universe… for what I refer to tongue-in-cheek as “PostDMD”. Implemented via PinUp Player, and in a way that doesn’t interfere with TerryRed’s own Royal Boob Pup-Pack. Check it out running on my (still incomplete) Radiant Silverball cabinet.

There are two setups with the mod as submitted. They are integrated into the table with a selector at the top of the script. It allows you to select between UltraDMD (the original table setup for true DMD), DMD (PinUp DMD for split LCD), and PostDMD (PinUp Scoreboard for full screen) with additional settings to plug in the numbers for your full screen LCD in the new modern pinball configuration like the newest Stern and Spooky tables.

This technically started as a personal project – modify the table to integrate it more fully with the cabinet I’ve been building, the cabinet that’s basically been future-proofed in case tables like this started to come down the pike. But, knowing there’s now other cabinets being built this way, I figured it’s too good not to share. I’m probably going to be the first actually bringing us into having this as at least an optional feature for new original tables.

Big thanks to Tom and TerryRed for loading the mod up on their cabinets and seeing if it worked more or less out of the box, randr for humoring me on it, and Nailbuster for providing me enough information to get this sort of thing actually implemented in the first place.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?