Variable undefined SolModCallBack error

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bob Albright
    Participant
      @bobalbright

I decided to update Spider-Man to the newer 1.2 version and I’m getting the error in the topic title followed by gamename not found error. Version 1.1 had been working fine, but I’m getting the error on it too.  Any ideas what could be causing this? I’m getting this same error on other tables as well. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

10.2.1 installed? scripts in the scripts folder only none in tables folder! Also make sure your running pinmame 2.9 beta from vPU

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

10.2.1 installed? scripts in the scripts folder only none in tables folder! Also make sure your running pinmame 2.9 beta from vPU

for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

Still getting the errors. I downloaded the latest Sam build and have 10.21 installed. I do have scripts in the scripts and tables folders. I tried deleting them from tables before and when I did that, nothing worked. Tried again and again, everything stops working. I think I’ll try a fresh install of everything with the all in one installer. I read somewhere that it’s best NOT to have Pinball installed in the program files ( which mine has always been there)… so I’ll do the all I one installer into the root Drive. Thanks for trying to help. Do you have any other suggestions for this new install?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

If you have scripts in tables folder and they must be in there to work then something is not right. You sure your running vpx and not vp? Makes no sense unless you have 2 installs doubled up or something

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
              freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Solmodcallback is part of the newer core VBS delete your scripts from your tables folder and only put them in scripts folder. Double triple quadruple check that you’ve got the absolute newest scripts

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Thanks for your help guys. I’ve made some progress. I downloaded the newest beta 10x and installed the files within. I don’t get the solmodcallback error anymore, but I consistently get that the ” machine terminated before initializing–check rom and rom path”. I DO have the correct roms. I have the latest Sam from VPU. What else could I be missing? Thanks

ozg
                  Participant
                    @netweight

You have to open MAME and check the path (to make sure it’s going to your rom folder). You seem to be having many issues, if you’re playing on the desktop with nothing special like b2s or a frontend, I would suggest starting over. If you need the newest files, I can up them to you or you can just keep trying to fix what you have for now.

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

If you are not using Windows 10, have you set the VP.exe’s properties to compatibility to run as administrator?

If you have Windows 10, do not set compatibility mode to run as administrator.

Also try clicking your setup.exe for PinMAME which can be found wherever you installed Visual Pinball, and check to see if the path to your roms is correct. If you upgraded to newest PinMAME, you will have to click the setup.exe again as just simply copying over contents doesn’t actually upgrade your PinMAME until you click setup.exe.

Not sure if this will help you, but worth a try.

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

VP9 tables and VPX tables are working fine so rom path is good. I did “install” from setup in Pinmame. Seems it’s just the Stern tables that don’t want to launch. I’m on XP by the way

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

make sure you have sam.vbs in scripts folder and you are running vpm 2.9 beta

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
                          Participant
                            @bobalbright

Interesting that some of the STern tables work–Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man Vault edition, but not 1.2 or 1.2. Metallica and Shrek also give me the same error. Also just tried 24–same error. Interestingly, I have the Physmod version of 24 which uses the same rom and it runs fine. And I tried several other vP9 Stern tables that run ok.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

You need le roms sounds like

for IOS and Android

ozg
                              Participant
                                @netweight

Naw, he messed up the VPinMAME.dll, let me send you my stuff. Except mine is a VP9 install first, so the folder structure is different. But you could just drag your VP folder to the desktop (as a backup) and try my VP folder, if you want, just ask and I’ll send the zips.

Bob Albright
                                Participant
                                  @bobalbright

Ozg.  I’ll try anything. Thanks

DJ Wheels
                                  Participant
                                    @djwheels

Good stuff guys. I was having the same error as Bob and it was driving me nuts the last few days. I came across this thread and it was a great help. I simply deleted all of the vbs files from my tables folder.  The Stern tables (America’s Most Haunted,Wheel of Fortune,Metallica,AC/DC) that weren’t working for me before, are now working!

force10wind
                                    Participant
                                      @force10wind

DJ Wheels. Thank you! That was it, I was getting the same issues until I removed all those VBS files too. Now the walking dead works fine. Just some fine tuning is all.

Thanks again!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?