Verne’s World (Spinball 1996)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    saecrow
    Participant
      @saecrow

I think coin increases? i remember doing it but cant recal.. try launch or coin or maybe it was flipper? if you cant get it i will look tonight

Launch button to increase volume -Mike

Perfect! Thanks guys. . . that did it!

saecrow
      Participant
        @saecrow

Sorry guys, one more question. . .  how can I get this table to coin up with the regular credit button (5)? I’ve tried changing the vpmkeys.vbs to the following, but no luck – what am I missing? Thanks!

oops, first paste didn’t work . . . let’s try this:

keyInsertCoin1   = 6   ‘(5)    Insert coin in slot 1

keyInsertCoin2   = 5   ‘(4)    Insert coin in slot 2

keyInsertCoin3   = 4   ‘(3)    Insert coin in slot 3

keyInsertCoin4   = 7   ‘(6)    Insert coin in slot 4

keySlamDoorHit   = 199 ‘(Home) Slam Tilt

keyCoinDoor      = 207 ‘(End)  Opening/Closing Coin Door

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

I think you’ll have to change the spinball.vbs in a similar fashion

Punch it!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

or better yet just change vpmkeys.vbs thats what i did so all tables are same

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

saecrow
            Participant
              @saecrow

Thanks Fren. . . the spinball.vbs looks a little different (and not as obvious) but I’ll play around with it and see how it goes.

Randr – I did change the vpmkeys.vbs but it didn’t change anything for VW (for me). It worked for you?

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

I cant get it to take coins.

Never mind….derp.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Add credits and start game do not work on my cab for some reason

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

let game sit for a min when you first start it. or delete nvram for rom and try that but it first starts and says “volume” wait for a min

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Add credits and start game do not work on my cab for some reason

Yep same here.

If someone has a modified spinball script, please post.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

saecrow
                      Participant
                        @saecrow

If you guys have a keyboard hooked up/accessible you should be able to get it to coin up by pressing the number 3 key – that’s what I have to do, not ideal but gets it playing.

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Gottlieb system1 machines have this same coin issue, and I found a way around that when I was making a couple of those, so I tried the same line in here to see if it would work and it did!

Add a line around 195 that contains the following and then your normal coin button will work no matter what button you use

If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)

3 users thanked author for this post.
                          saecrow
                          Participant
                            @saecrow

Gottlieb system1 machines have this same coin issue, and I found a way around that when I was making a couple of those, so I tried the same line in here to see if it would work and it did! Add a line around 195 that contains the following and then your normal coin button will work no matter what button you use If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)

Sweet!  Thanks Borg, that indeed fixes it!

(now to figure out 5 ball per game adjustment. . .   :wacko: )

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Gottlieb system1 machines have this same coin issue, and I found a way around that when I was making a couple of those, so I tried the same line in here to see if it would work and it did! Add a line around 195 that contains the following and then your normal coin button will work no matter what button you use If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)

that will work but i just change it in vpmkeys.vbs and then everything works. always.

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

Hey Fren,

Thanks for this table.  I can see so many complicated pieces on this one, must have been a bear to get functioning right. Great work!  :good:

-Mike

Dark
                                  @dark
                                  vipMemberContributor

Thanks Fren for all your hard work!  You always have ambitious projects. :)

3dcreation

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

that will work but i just change it in vpmkeys.vbs and then everything works. always.

Well until you update vp and it overwrites the file.

saecrow
                                    Participant
                                      @saecrow

I tried updating just that file but couldn’t get it to work – maybe I didn’t change the correct numbers but I was going by this off “another” forum:

Open VPMKeys.vbs (located in your tables folder) with a text editor, look for a section like this…

keyInsertCoin1   = 4   ‘(3)    Insert coin in slot 1

keyInsertCoin3   = 6   ‘(5)    Insert coin in slot 3

then just switch the values for Coin1 and Coin3, that way ‘5’ will be your Coin1 button for all pinmame games…

Clark Kent
                                      Participant
                                        @clarkkent
                                        MemberContributor

Really nice release! Never thought it would be possible with this quality as there are no resources as far as I know. Where did you find a machine to test??

If I may I would recommend some physics corrections as with pf friction 0,01 you get a lot of weird ball behavior – and you can always stop the ball when rolling down the inlanes (or is this also on the real machine, I do not know). Mukuste recommended 0,08 but I’m always using 0,065 for less ball spin and slower, more realistivc ball movement. If so, flipper friction should be 0,6 and wall1 and wall 26 should be set Elasticity to 0,3 and Friction to 0,4. And if you smooth the edges of these two walls ( I even added one point n the curve) all weired ball behavior is gone. I did not play the real machine but I also think End Angle 0,68 seems to be nicer.

The primitives of the flippers are not alligned correctly. Entered RotY 202 and 338.

Bob Albright
                                        Participant
                                          @bobalbright

Thanks saecrow for posting those vpmkeys changes. I saw how to do it long ago and made the changes, but lost it when I overwrote the vbs scripts with the newer versions. I’ll change it and save it for future use in case I do something stupid again

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

freneticamnesic
                                            @freneticamnesic
                                            vipModeratorMember

I wish I had a real one to try. The flippers look wonky in the editor but it shouldn’t matter, their rotation follows the actual flipper objects, I just didn’t adjust it when I changed the flipper rotation.

From the videos I saw, and it was hard to tell because some of the machines were poorly taken care of, the flippers had a really high rotation. At least specifically the upper right flipper could trap the ball which seems odd to me. I don’t recall if the main flippers could catch every inlane ball or not, probably not. In a rush to release I just made the physics works in a way that didn’t irritate me. I started off using the recommended VPX physics with Metallica but it never felt right to me so I adjusted it based on those. Things get lost along the way. I’ll try your suggestions. I have to update with some changes arngrim made so I probably have a substantial enough update ready with that.

Really nice release! Never thought it would be possible with this quality as there are no resources as far as I know. Where did you find a machine to test?? If I may I would recommend some physics corrections as with pf friction 0,01 you get a lot of weird ball behavior – and you can always stop the ball when rolling down the inlanes (or is this also on the real machine, I do not know). Mukuste recommended 0,08 but I’m always using 0,065 for less ball spin and slower, more realistivc ball movement. If so, flipper friction should be 0,6 and wall1 and wall 26 should be set Elasticity to 0,3 and Friction to 0,4. And if you smooth the edges of these two walls ( I even added one point n the curve) all weired ball behavior is gone. I did not play the real machine but I also think End Angle 0,68 seems to be nicer. The primitives of the flippers are not alligned correctly. Entered RotY 202 and 338.

Punch it!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?