Victory (Gottlieb 1987) 2.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Sindbad
    Participant
      @sindbad

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/victory-gottlieb-1987-2-0-1/

Victory from Gottlieb (1987)

Vesrion 2.0.1: fixed missing balls and dome screws

Guys, I can’t stop it. Here’s the rebuild-from-the-scratch version of Victory, that (hopefully) also fixes the known bugs. Rebuilding this table was only possible because of massive help from Schreibi34. He invested a tremendous amount of time, and created fascinating objects in Blender with kick ass 3D lighting effects. When the table was playable and nearly ready for release, WED21 joined the team, and he implemented his awesome sourround sound modifications. Some of you guys know, that I’m not as fast any more as I was prior to my rheumatism. My fingers are very slow now, so I’m full of gratitude to Schreibi34. He helped me a lot, so this table is also his table.

This table has been developed and tested during the build under several VPX versions. Last version tested was 10.5.0 (Revision 3455). We developed the table under the ROM “victory”, we didn’t test any other roms.

But not everything was done by me, so it’s time to present the real stars behind this table:

Schreibi: Thanks for everything you’ve done, this table is also yours…

WED21: – Thanks for the kick ass surround sound modification!

Flupper: Thanks a million times for the Cycles insert material and environment! Thanks for the free to use flasher domes. Awesome stuff!

The Loafer: Thanks for all the testing

JPSalas: ball rolling sound script, flasher images

Zany: primitives

Noah: nudging routines

Hauntfreaks: background image

Ninuzzu: ball shadow routines

The VP and VPM development teams: Thanks for the awesome software

Ah, I forgot: No permission required to mod, enhance, or maybe delete, you can use all resources which came from me for whatever – but not for crime.

Total of 33 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks Sinbad this is a big update by the looks of it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Hell yes. That looks great Sindbad – thank you very much to you and your elves :rose:

The preview looks very nice, expected maybe with the team you have with you. I’m just as excited to learn that there has been made extra efforts to SSF. It just adds so much to VP.

Why oh why did my wife go to bed just now. Well, guess I have something to look forward to after work tomorrow.

Draifet
          Participant
            @draifet

Looks awesome with all the rendered images and illumination “style White Water”, I never played this table before and it looks really fun, a big thank you to the team.

Only missing the center target animations, but u also included a file with the round red targets inside the file, I only had to interchange the visible tag on the working targets and the “fake” awesome rendered but static targets, and add the image to them (just telling how cause maybe someone wants to change this too), it’s sad to have to choose.

If for some reason u update the table, maybe I’m wrong but I think there’s no reason to not tag the wireramps as static, they look a little better with the supersampling.

Tomorrow I will play it a lot more for sure, thanks! Lately u are raising a lot the visual bar.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Kalavera3
            Participant
              @kalavera3

WOW looks excellent I’m dying to try it, thanks for your work !! :good:

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, @sindbad! Great work from you and your team.

Micronaut
                Participant
                  @micronaut

gracias,sinbab and all collaborators,

With this latest update, the table it`s now a masterpiece

Bladeof
                  Participant
                    @bladeof

Thank You for this nice updated version Sindbad and Team. :good:

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Great work by yourself Sindbad and all those who contributed. IMHO just a fantastic fun table to play

Schreibi34
                      Participant
                        @schreibi34

Looks awesome with all the rendered images and illumination “style White Water”, I never played this table before and it looks really fun, a big thank you to the team.

Only missing the center target animations, but u also included a file with the round red targets inside the file, I only had to interchange the visible tag on the working targets and the “fake” awesome rendered but static targets, and add the image to them (just telling how cause maybe someone wants to change this too), it’s sad to have to choose.

If for some reason u update the table, maybe I’m wrong but I think there’s no reason to not tag the wireramps as static, they look a little better with the supersampling.

Tomorrow I will play it a lot more for sure, thanks! Lately u are raising a lot the visual bar.

You have to check if the static wireramps are working on your system. The table is very sensitive to Depth Bias and static rendering. On my cab the wireramps are covered by the transparent ramps if i make ’em static.

Center targets got a full render as a whole. So as it is now, no animation for each target, otherwise you loose the rendering.

Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

It looks so beautiful, Sinbad and team. Thanks so much.

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

Great Teamwork and thanks again Man …

Draifet
                            Participant
                              @draifet

You have to check if the static wireramps are working on your system. The table is very sensitive to Depth Bias and static rendering. On my cab the wireramps are covered by the transparent ramps if i make ’em static.

Center targets got a full render as a whole. So as it is now, no animation for each target, otherwise you loose the rendering.

Yesterday I was sleepy and didn’t saw the wireramps bug with static enabled, sorry. Blame the hole kicker, is the one rendering on top of the left wireramp, but I tried a lot of values on the ramps, kicker and wireramps and always happening the same, not the first time that I saw this issue. Thanks for your answer.

On my personal opinion I prefer the animated targets over the nice static rendered targets (the same for G5K T2), but I saw that there’s a file on the image editor for the “classic” non rendered targets and is easy to change (no need to search the image on another table if u want to make them moveables), anyways I have split the render image for every target and photoshoped them to fit, not so nice result but close to the render, and with animation (ofc looks a little strange with the reflection moving with them, but it’s a fast animation and hard to appreciate).

Thanks again, enjoying it a lot, probably will not have the hype of other releases cause came of nowhere, but it’s one of the actual best looking and fun tables to play for sure, super nice surprise.  :heart:

Attachments:
                              Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

I’m not a WIP guy! I don’t think tables for free need a hype or some sort of advertising. But it’s great if you need help or beta testers!

Rajo Joey
                                Participant
                                  @joey2001

Looks great. A big thanks for this table. :good:   :good:   :good:

vogliadicane
                                  Participant
                                    @vogliadicane

wow great release. Love the look and play and that you guys were not afraid of high contrasts (the lighting looks perfect in my cab).

Thanks a lot Sindbad, Schreibi and Wed :rose:

Und Dir alles Gute, Sindbad!

Naboodiver
                                    Participant
                                      @naboodiver

Great to see you back !!!  Thanks for the update.

Sindbad
                                      Participant
                                        @sindbad

There’s a problem with the extra ball… For those who can’t wait until the weekend (I’ll upload a new version then), please search in the script for “Trough handler” and change “.Balls=1” to “.Balls=3”. I changed that during testing of TILT behaviour and I forgot to change it back  :cry:

Schreibi34
                                        Participant
                                          @schreibi34

For those of you who have a 3rd screen.

I have cut out the score area and inserted into a 1920×1080 black Image so it doesen’t get stretched. Made the 3rd screen a topper monitor in PinballX and told it to keep the image when starting the table. It was a bit tricky to fit the scores in there, but once it’s done it looks great.

Question, is it possible to change the size of the digits and the distance of the lines to make it look more the original?

To take this further, how about being able to have the score in the background and use the Image as a bezel with cutouts so credit and match are visible? Just dreaming….

20180721_122957

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

Thanks Sindbad (Willkommen zurück) and everyone involved! It is much appreciated

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?