Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rizamp
    Participant
    @rizamp

Hi all,

i’m finishing my vpin and ready to mount it in a pincab. Well, everything’s ok but i have a doubt: my actual hardware is i5 cpu, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD and a gtx750ti. i can play all tables i want to but with low graphic settings and would like to improve it. i have a 150eur budget and found this two graphic cards for almost the same price:

Asus GTX 1650 OC Edition, 4 GB GDDR5, Dual Fan

ASUS CERBERUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB GDDR5

do you think i should buy one of these? and which one?  any suggestion?

thanks a lot!!!

sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

Here is my 2 cents, maybe somebody will say different than me:

As far as i know for 4k VPX you need 60series or more.

So 1060+(not sure you can buy it yet) ,1660+ ,2060+.

STAT reported me yesterday that he has ball stutters in my mod with his 1050ti so yeah i think for 4k cabinet you need 60+ series.

If you will build a fullhd or wqhd cabinet 1050ti should be enough.

Recommendation would be better if you mention what resolution the cabinet will be.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    rizamp
    Participant
    @rizamp

Thanks for the reply, my cab have a fullhd playfield (27″) and a 21″ backglass. if i enjoy a lot this one i’ll think to make another one bigger with 4k resolution but i’ll buy new hardware for it.

sheltemke
    Participant
    @sheltemke

Ok, so fullhd.

Then i can answer your question, 1650 is much faster then 1050ti, so choose 1650.

Here is a link:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1650-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/4039vs3649

Edit: But i will go “against you”….go for 4k and buy a 60 series card. VPX really shine in 4K.

Better wait a little more if you not have the money for a xx60 card.

Believe me…i went from FULLHD to 4K and….man the difference in VPX with the 4K tables are something you have to see.

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Appreciate this discussion guys!  I’m in a similar situation as rizamp.  I was cautious/frugal in my build and am looking to upgrade.  But rather than piece-meal together a new graphics card, which would also require a new power supply, just to make my non 4k monitor look better, think I’ll live with what I’ve got until I commit to a new 4k pf and start that project with a new pc.  I’m still very happy with my current set-up and probably will be until I see a 4k cab irl – – and then it will be on!!  Thanks for the advice @sheltemke !!

rizamp
    Participant
    @rizamp

Thanks for the replies. Btw i think i’m going to leave this pincab as is, and invest in next pincab fullsize with 4k and so on. For this small pincab i would like to obtain the right compromise to make me and my childs enjoy It. I think 1650 does not require a new Power supply, isn’t It?

JR
    Participant
    @jfr1

Looks like both your current 750 and the 1650 require a 450w ps so you should be fine.  Have fun!  Post pics!!

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

From what I’ve read the 1650 is a bit of a clunker, relatively… if you can afford a 1660, I would go with that.  Nvidia’s numbering system is a bit weird, and there is usually a bit of a jump up from a 50 to a 60 in performance and value.

strikekat
    Participant
    @strikekat

My Thinkpad has a Quadro P2000 which is pretty much in-between a 1050TI and a 1060 performance-wise. I can play most tables at native 4K, but there are a couple it will struggle with. I’d definitely go for the beefier card over a 1050TI if you want a safe performance margin for 4K, otherwise it’ll probably work alright.

FWIW, my “virtual cabinet” (basically just a standard arcade machine running MAME and PinballX.. I’ll put a real cabinet together someday when I get around to it) runs a 4th gen i5 and a GTX 770, and I have no performance issues whatsoever with tables I play. Of course, that’s just at 1080 resolution. Vast majority of my gameplay is on my laptop.

rizamp
    Participant
    @rizamp

at the end i bought a used 1050ti for 90 bucks and that’s it… for my 1080p playfield it’s more than enough, btw thanks to all of you for the replies!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW