Videos won’t trigger from DMD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Friffy1
    Participant
      @friffy1

I’ve read several troubleshooting pages, and I can’t figure out why my PuP Videos won’t play when triggered by DMD.  By that I mean, PuP videos for tables that don’t use DMD to trigger (Harry Potter, TNA, Stranger Things, etc.) all work absolutely fine.  Tables that use DMD (TRON Legacy, ST:TNG, Jurassic Park, etc.) are not triggering videos to play.  On those I get the appropriate bezel (if the pack has one) but no video inside.  Now here’s the kicker…  This WAS working!  Something’s changed and I don’t know what!  I didn’t notice right away because I’m more of a traditionalist and not big into PuP Packs.  But the incredible work that’s gone into some of these packs is truly remarkable.  So I’d love to get it working again.

I’ve gone over my dmddevice.ini and all looks good.  My Freezy dlls are all up-to-date and unblocked.  My PuP config looks good (sizes/locations correct, nothing hidden, etc.).

I’m at a loss here!  Thanks for any help!

newtopinball78
      Participant
        @newtopinball78

I had a similar issue before…just a suggestion have you updated your backglass server?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Friffy1
        Participant
          @friffy1

Thanks.  But no luck.  In fact things have taken a turn for the slightly-worse. :-)

Turns out I was running 1.3.0.3.  I updated to 1.3.0.4.  Re-registered.  And now I’m not even getting the bezels I was getting last night.  Tables launch fine, DMD displays as normal, but nothing at all on my backglass or topper (where the PuP videos would be).  Tried non-PuP tables and blackglasses appear fine.  Also tried TNA and the PuP Videos play fine there.  So it’s still a DMD-based issue, it seems.

Friffy1
          Participant
            @friffy1

I got it!

Somehow (magic? gremlins?) my PuP Plugin was no longer in the Plugins folder?!  Just… wasn’t there!  So, I put it back in and all’s well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?