Viking (Bally 1980)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Astroboy
    Participant
      @astroboy

Sorry for this total nuub question: I can’t start a ball on the table. I hear coins dropping and I can pull the plunger, just no ball or flipper response. vikingb is in my ROMS folder. Bumpers and slingshots are responding to test balls. What am I doing wrong? (Playing on a single screen PC for now). Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Can’t wait to see this one in action!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I check your rom – is it valid ? Always start with that when things ain’t working. If it isn’t, well, you’ve got your answer. It is common to turn of crc check these days since color mods don’t pass that check. Next, use either my or bords nvram – I know that they both are valid. Bord provided it in his release, and mine is in the thread.

If you want to do it manually. Well, this is how you clean up old issues. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

Astroboy
        Participant
          @astroboy

Thanks for the reply Thalamus. I tried deleting the vikingb registry, re-downloading the vikingb.nv, vpx and b2s files. I didn’t know what “crc check” is, so I doubt I’ve touched that at all. Anyway, still same situation unfortunately. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong somewhere. I’m not too fussed over it — it bugs me more that I can figure out the problem. Hate to miss out on a bord table though! Thanks again!

Astroboy
          Participant
            @astroboy

Finally got it to work! For whatever reason, I got the vikingb file from another site and it worked for me. It was 8kb in size, where the other ones were only 1kb, so maybe it wasn’t downloading properly for me or I was doing something wrong. Anyway I’ll go with it, and I’ve attached the file here in case anyone runs into the same issue.

Now time to get my heart broken by this table. lol

Attachments:
            1 user thanked author for this post.
            JediWizard
            Participant
              @jediwizard

Thanks Bord another great table!

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

zimbakin
              Participant
                @zimbakin

I love the amount of detail and time you put into every table you make. Another work of art, Thanks!

Never take advice from me,
                you'll end up drunk.

7x4x1z
                Participant
                  @cookieraid

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?