This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Jesperpark 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
     Jesperpark 
    Participant

Pics only, randr found my original post and was long winded

Attachments:
     Jesperpark 
    Participant

Okay so I was inspired by randr’s real ICB cabinet, so i decided to make a similar shaped virtual ICB.  Then I thought hey why don’t I add those great FSS tables by @arconvum.  Then in talking to him he mentioned you know if you add 3 buttons you can have vertical mame games as well.  So here we are at the end of the design, until I think of something more to add.

Still have to figure out a great tilt mechanism for the TV, I like the FSS tables angled more but the ICB tables more straight up and down.

Have to add speakers, bezel to cover the tv, back door, DOF for the lights, shaker motor, SSF exciters

This is built from black Melamine, and man I will never work that again :negative:   I never thought I would miss working with MDF

Control Panel is built completely from 1/2″ Black Plexiglass because i could :whistle:

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Nice! I’m still working on my real build but now I’m feeling kinda stupid as you can play whatever!

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Nice! I’m still working on my real build but now I’m feeling kinda stupid as you can play whatever!

No way man.. what you are making is really amazing! , yeah sure I would love for you to have an upright cab to play FSS proper but a real ICB is totally awesome, and the skill you are putting into it just impresses the crap outta me!

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

@jesperpark , here is an idea for the tilt mechanism, just by using a tube attached to a VESA mount, then held up by 2 supports on both ends of the tube, what do you think randr got a better idea?

Edit: you could even add a motor and threaded rod to actuate the tilt, with a three way poll switch (push,off, and pull).

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     Jesperpark 
    Participant

Hmm interesting idea, the tv I am using has a vesa 100mm mounting plate.  Which means I can use a computer monitor bracket much like this one

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=59986&cat=3,43597,43601,60167,59986

Then was going to have a easy push/pull to adjust.  Only downside to my idea is will it remain tight, and how far back will the monitor have to be so when it leans back the bottom does not want to kick out past the controls.  My other thought would be a rod much like yours but mounted at the bottom, to bring the pivot point lower down and have the monitor lean back from that spot.  Truthfully I wanted the motorized option right from the start, just to add the over the top factor B-)

I do like your mounting idea, it will definitely be more stable than the mount i linked.  What angle are your tables best suited to?  Right now it’s leaned back about 10 degrees so more ICB angle to me

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

@jesperpark , can you make a thread for you table I want to add to thi,s but I also don’t want to flood randrs’ ICB thread.

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

@jesperpark , can you make a thread for you table I want to add to thi,s but I also don’t want to flood randrs’ ICB thread.

lol it is your thread,

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Yeah i only step on threads a little bit, i figured easier to start a new thread.  Honestly randrs cabinet is way cooler to me.  Trying to recreate an original is way cooler

Bit of a software day for me, got 127 FSS tables and the 3 ICB/Zeke peak/mario tables

Anyone know anything about running mame through pinballx? the roms I have, the bezels, videos and xmls i don’t.  I honestly know almost zero about hyperspin etc.  I was into mame before front ends and fancy vids type stuff

Edit:  Looks like Terry red shared a bunch of vids on the pinballx ftp site and there was a XML there too.  That’s a start at least  :good:

Edit 2:  got mame working and loading through pinballx.  Just need to figure out bezels and more gameplay vids.  Either I’m getting better at this, or mame is getting easier to work with.  I’m guessing mame is easier now

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

wish I could help you with pinballx/hyperspin but it’s def. not my thing! mame I just use mameui64

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I know PBX, hyperspin very well but i would try and use Nailbusters frontend! unless you want hyperspin for all they sound effects, videos and stuff which i love on my mini bartop setup

Gunner 
    Participant

Very cool project :)

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Small update, Got trim finished, back door installed, wiring is complete for the buttons.  Still need to wire in lights for DOF but that will be in future.  Now need to work on tilt and monitor bezel, I have a linear actuator coming to control the tilt B-)

Oh forgot to mention, I had an extra zeb nudge/plunger module so I threw that in as well.

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Nice! Dof in that cab will be awesome

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

No – no – no – exciters ;-)

• my new goal – get randr to invest in these suckers

He doesn’t know what he’s missing (c) Rusty.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

No – no – no – exciters ;-)

Pfft. i assume he will be lighting the lights like real roms and you cant control things with sound like that.

I will say exciters and DOF would be even better but you must have dof :yes:

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Lights on all the buttons for sure, might throw a few strobe lights or else undercab complex on the back of cabinet for a light show.

was leaning towards exciters for the feedback, but maybe a couple contactors/solenoids for flippers… but I like cheap

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Okay I will add final pictures for the summer.  Bezel is in place, and got it into my basement.  Still need to hook up lights and work on the exciters/DOF.

Has over 100 FSS tables courtesy of Arconovum, 500 or so vertical mame games, which I will pair down to 100 or so, and of course the ICB style tables.  I play the FSS tables sitting down and quite enjoy this build.  Really have to get a better padded stool.

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Just so everyone knows its 135 FSS tables, 136 with today’s table. removing 35 is like hmmm lets see 3 months of work.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Just so everyone knows its 135 FSS tables, 136 with today’s table. removing 35 is like hmmm lets see 3 months of work.

Hey I said over 100, 136 is still over 100 B-)

Also I’m pairing down Mame games, not your tables.  I keep on adding FSS tables :rose:

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account