Virtual pin controller not sending right input to game

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hocuslocus
    Participant
      @hocuslocus

I just got finished installing windows 10. I had my system working fine about 4 months ago on windows 7. the main issue I’m having is when I push the left magna save it keeps wanting to add credits. The same with the right flipper, it keep wanting to turn the volume down.

I have a v3 virtual pin controller, my last v2 controller crapped out. I used xpadder to remap the controls this time just like last. when entering into notepad all the buttons are doing what they are supposed to. for what ever reason vp won’t accept the keystrokes on some buttons unless I change the [button]option  not the key on the keys menu. After I changed the [button] on a couple of them they seemed to work fine. The two issues listed above still have issue though.

I checked the vpm script and can change the keys to something else, but I would still like to know why it’s doing this.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

What version of vpx? 10.3 beta may be issue if using the beta? Otherwise honestly get a ipac or similar for buttons so much better imo

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

hocuslocus
        Participant
          @hocuslocus

used 10.3, 10.2 then tried 9 and others all have the same issue.

yeah, I’ve used ipac before and never had an issue. gonna have to rewire some of the buttons. needed to add another controller anyway since that didn’t have the right amount of I/O’s.

never seen the issue before, maybe the controller is messed up IDK

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

When you changed vpx versions from 10.3 to 10.2 did you also copy scripts included with download to scripts folder overwriting other scripts? Must do that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

hocuslocus
            Participant
              @hocuslocus

got it, I usually only updated a few scripts because not many of them change. That actually solved the lagging issue I was having. As far as the button issue, Ill just put those two buttons in another controller. I hooked up two flippers switches to one flipper, since some games benefit from being able to hold the ball on the bottom flipper while using the upper. the second switch was sending the wrong message no matter what I changed it to. The left magnasave… I would blame it on the controller, but that button is supposed to be left magnasave according to the vp diagram. Hopefully using another controller for those buttons will work, just happy I didn’t twist the wires together, otherwise It would be a pain to rewire those buttons. Anyway I’ll try it out tonight to see if it works. appreciate the help.

Phil Docker
              Participant
                @dock

I had the mk2 and that was laggy as hell – so I used it for the tilt and plunger only.

My keys went thru an iPac unit.

On my last two builds I have used a Pinscape board with the ‘pot’ version of the plunger as well as the accelerometer.

Never had lag issues using an iPac key input.

Glad you got things sorted out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?