Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Standalone EXE, all needed DLLs, changelog, command reference and registry keys for Visual Pinball X 10.6

bord
    @bord
    MembervipContributorModerator

Congrats to the devs on a final release. This was my favorite beta cycle in terms of new features.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Siggi
    Participant
    @siggi

Thank you for all your hard work, guys.

You make my hobby possible.

You’re the best. :rose:   :rose:   :rose:   :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

irondragoon
    Participant
    @irondragoon

Is there a way in upcoming versions for this exe and vpinmame to stop storing settings in the registry? Regular mame and other emulators using flat files. This would be <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>so</span> much more convenient for mass changes and portability/backup.

Also, would it be possible to get resolutions that are not standard? For instance, I can set my monitor to true 4k but native is not. I would like to just run it native which is very close to 4k. If I unplug monitors while the pc is running, everything goes all katywampus.

I really appreciate what VP has become though. Super outstanding all around. It’s more future than future pinball at this point (to me). I just have these basic gripes yet.

pinguy77
    Participant
    @pinguy77

I recently updated to the EXE only (v. All In One) and now I am getting an immediate crash on launch of a game from VPX. Literally flashes on screen, backglass appears and then VPX crashes. Any idea about what might be happening? I did a basic update (pasted in new files), wondering if I updated incorrectly or missed a step? Any help would be amazing.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

@pinguy77 : Don’t try to be smarter than the one-in-all installer. It is made by the devs and they know what they are doing. Many ways to fix it though. Let’s say you now have it installed in c:\vpinball – rename that folder to c:\vpinball.old – run the one in all installer. Now install to the OLD path c:\vpinball – move now tables, vpinmame roms and stuff you need from c:\vpinball.old and you should be fine. Once everything is verified ok – delete the folder you’ve messed up. Doing it this way, you’re registry should still be pointing to the old location and you should be just fine.

pinguy77
    Participant
    @pinguy77

Thanks, was worried about using the All-In-One as I had just gotten everything working again after having to restart because of a CPU failure. I will follow your approach here and report back. Thanks for the help.

pinguy77
    Participant
    @pinguy77

@Thalamus: Thanks so much for the advice, your approach worked and I have it back up and running. Only issue that I seem to be encountering now is that my Coin In button on my Cab is not working in game. I checked my VPX Preferences and all other button mappings are functional, correct and working. Once I load the game the Coin In Buttons don’t register and only pressing the 5 key on the keyboard works, which is weird as its not mapped in the preferences.

Any idea why that might be happening? I have never experienced that before.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Thalamus
    @thalamus

Maybe at one time did actually change the vpmkeys.vbs or what it is called ( I’m away from pin right now and I’m getting old ). I strongly advice against it unless it really needed. Remapping the “standard” keys that has been hard coded in several tables just makes a mess if you do. Are you saying that you are not able to key coin for any game anymore ?

Why not re-map it into more standard ?

Personally I have only one key for adding credits and that is the 5 key. I know that pr. examle Mike da Spike has a much more advanced system set up.

You could just rename the current vpmkeys.vbs in scripts folder and then copy the one you had in pinmame.old, if I’m right.

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

to the developers, where does vpx get its info to tell it which screen is numbered 1 and which is 2?

Erzak
    Participant
    @erzak

Is the .exe supposed to be run in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode?  For some reason, the properties of VPinballX.exe show up as:

unnamed

and I can’t change the compatibility mode setting.  The .exe also has the symbol on it that it’s being run as Admin, even though that box isn’t checked.

If I change the name of the file, then the Admin symbol goes away and if I then open Properties, compatibility mode is turned off.  Seems really odd.  For the most part, things are working fine, but have been trying to get PUP working and having issues, and one thing I have read is that nothing should be running as Admin.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Please don’t cross post.

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

still getting the scan lines on this lates not sure if it a compatibility issue or what or maybe after many updates there is a conflict somewhere scanline problem seems to start after build vpinball 6_3684 they really are bad and i know im not the only one experiencing it not sure if i should do a fresh install but dont really want to have to as everything else runs perfect any ideas what could be causing this prob im currently fully updates on win updates and nvdia gpu drivers plz help lol :wacko:

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator

Really should add pictures and what game you are showing
    Information about your hardware and all the Different software you are using
    Make sure you have exceptions setup if you are running any anti virus software

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

I can take some pics the scanline prob is on every table using latest build only goes if i use old rev 3684 and obviously thats not great

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

Could i possibly do a fresh install somehwere else with the all in one And see if it corrects the issue or will that mess my current setup

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

10.6.0                    rev 3684

scanline issue is on the left latest build and right is just before problem starts rev 3684 u can clearly see the lines they seem to just go up the screen constantly until i pause the table then they resume again

LynnInDenver
    Participant
    @lynnindenver

Are your monitor drivers up to date? This is a separate thing from the Nvidia drivers, it basically helps tell the video card what’s hooked up to it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Have a faint feeling that I’ve seen this question here somewhere already. But, I must admit – I’m a bit too lazy to go hunting for it as I don’t have this issue. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the solution either. Maybe the original poster recognized the issue and solution ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW