VP 10.3 Beta thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

VP 10.3 Beta link to all betas i can keep up with will be HERE YES it can be even better now with FSS and im guessing much much more to come!

change log so far:

VP 10.3.0 Changelog
      ————————

– add hotkey for toggling between table and backdrop view in the editor (space)

– in Camera/Light mode (F6) press the start game key (default is 1) to reset the camera and all backdrop settings (inclination, layback…)

– add camera rotation around Y axis in Camera/Light mode (F6)

– navigating around the table with the arrow keys (and left alt key) is now possible in the Camera and Light mode (start with F6)

– improve display of images with alpha channel in the editor (no more checkerboards)

– add additional parameter to primitives to allow for rendering backface triangles (if the used material features transparency)

– material/image manager dialog is resizeable

– show camera position in camera/light mode

– add simple kicker hole mesh

– add new FSS setting in the backdrop options to be able to easily add an additional backglass to the table

– add more window resolutions to the video preferences (for new FSS/portrait setups)

– using the built-in DMD (via the flasher element) now in addition will respect the ‘Additive Blend’ and ‘Modulate’ parameters to steer the blending with the table
      (this can for example be used to simulate a reflection on the playfield glass: set ‘Modulate’ to 0.9 and check ‘Additive Blend’ as an example)

– add NFAA post processing filter to the post-processing AA dropdown menus (sometimes more blurry, but also keeps more dynamic range of the highlights compared to FXAA, and is pretty fast)
      – add DLAA post processing filter to the post-processing AA dropdown menus (somewhere inbetween FXAA and NFAA, depending on the aliasing-pattern that is smoothed, and more costly than NFAA)
      – add SMAA post processing filter to the post-processing AA dropdown menus (comparable to Quality FXAA, depending on the aliasing-pattern that is smoothed, and more costly, but usually also a bit better)

– own colors can now be defined for locked/unlocked selected elements, element fill color and editor table background, in the editor preferences

– sound manager, image manager and script editor save and restore window position and size
      – Image Manager: new column added to show if an image is in use

– add Win32++ framework to simplify UI handling (more infos under https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32-framework )

– change AntiFriction to Damping for the gate and spinner elements (which also changes the input range from 0..100 to 0..1, and is inverse to before, e.g. Damping=”1-AntiFriction/100″)
      (old tables will still load/save exactly the same though, as it was always used like this internally anyway)

– slightly tweak bloom filter and light transmission filter to capture a larger radius (for very bright lights)

– remove Visual Studio 2008 support
      – add Visual Studio 2017 support

– DirectX 8 port for input handling (currently disabled)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

Not seeing separate volume and balance control for each sound in the sound manager listed :( :( :(

Badfinger
        Participant
          @badfinger

More work required for F6?   [didn’t seem to do anything on old table I tried]

Can we get a select monitor function in VPX settings please, I have 2 and it still would force me to do windows priority changes (which I don’t want) to be able to use my 2nd (a portrait monitor).

1968 - 1991 seems to be my favorite ERA of pinball machines.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

I would suggest if you guys have any bugs or requests, to make them at VPforums 10.3 beta thread.  The developers do so much work for us, lets not make it harder for them by creating requests in 2 places

:yes:

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Yes, please … they are awesome and we need to help them out in any way we can.

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

I would suggest if you guys have any bugs or requests, to make them at VPforums 10.3 beta thread. The developers do so much work for us, lets not make it harder for them by creating requests in 2 places :yes:

I have previously re sound… back in the 10.2 beta. I’ll try my luck again for 10.3 :)

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Just wanted to mention here that Toxie and Fuzzel released the 10.3 final version of VPX.

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

I think it’s also worth mentioning that with the latest release a bug with the shader that caused strange shadowing effects, especially on models that utilise normal bump maps was fixed.  So previously depending on the position of the model on the table, the environment map and how complex the geometry was or if it used a normal bump map as well would cause strange bad looking shadows on the mesh.  I’d noticed this for some time but wasn’t really sure if it was a bug or if it was just a draw back on VP’s capability.  The bug only really became obvious to me recently once I started spinning my trex model in VP to test the lighting and I noticed that the normal maps I worked so hard to project on to my low poly model were making it look extra bad.

Long story short, I sent Toxie the wip and explained the issue and it was fixed so now animated models look good and now normal maps actually work as they should….making animated models especially like the Trex look awesome.

3dcreation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?