VP 10.4 Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Thank you for this one! Nice update

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

thanks for the new beta! :good:

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

:good:

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

VP10.4 rev 3240 changelog:
            – add Rotate/Scale around origin option to the rotate/scale dialog. Simply uncheck “Rotate around origin” or “Scale around origin” to rotate/scale around the mouse position.
            To use the current mouse position as rotate/scale reference use the following workflow:
            1) select the element you want to rotate/scale
            2) place the mouse cursor where the origin should be
            3) press the context menu key on your keyboard (the one between “Alt Gr” and right “Ctrl”) and select “Rotate” or “Scale”
            4) uncheck the “Rotate/Scale around origin” and start the operation

– add “In Use” column to the material manager dialog
            *********************************************************************************************************************

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

One thing I would LOVE to see, is proper scaling of the UI when running VP in a 4K screen. Right now your choices are disable DPI scaling and see everything really small, or allow DPI scaling and see all buttons distorted. FP (and other older programs) also have this same issue.

That being said…I was told by someone that the older VP9 nudge “option” was officially added to VPX a while ago. Sure enough it is…and it works great for guys like me who suck at playing…  :)

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

I’ve ask this before… are you using buttons to nudge on your cab?… and if so why??… you have a modern cab…. more modern than most of us…

TerryRed
                  @terryred

I’ve ask this before… are you using buttons to nudge on your cab?… and if so why??… you have a modern cab…. more modern than most of us…

Because I don’t have a Pinscape for nudge. I only have buttons for now. You gotta remember, I built this cabinet 2 years ago with almost no knowledge of DOF, lighting, feedback, or Pinscape when I first built it.  If I built another today it would look very different…. but still have arcade controls….mwahaha)

One day I will add a Pinscape for the pincab controls, and then have only one player stick and buttons on the control panel (with lockdown bar-like round edges) being controlled with my gamepad hack-up (for PC games compatibility)

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

spend the $15… you’re a tech guy it will be back working in a half hour…. it will change your life

TerryRed
                      @terryred

spend the $15… you’re a tech guy it will be back working in a half hour….

It’s not the money, its the fact that I will want to do the rest of the stuff as well once I start (and there’s alot of stuff I want to do), and I don’t have the tools or time for that part yet.  I also would need new joysticks and maybe buttons, etc… damn you…you got me thinking again….  :)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

DO IT!!!!! LMAO

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                          @terryred

DO IT!!!!! LMAO

LOL…

I gotta ask…alot of you guys have much larger TV’s (and I assume cabinet size) than I do (mine is 43 inch tv)….

Isn’t your cabinet heavy as hell when trying to nudge compared to a real pin? Mine is made from MDF so its really friggin heavy. Its hard on my shoulders (too many military shoulder injuries) to smack it effectively enough to make it move like it would with a real pin.

Also, randr would you recommend the servostick for 4 / 8 way switchable joysticks….or the ones you can manually rotate from the top for 4 to 8 way?  I don’t know if PBX can work well with the software needed to automate all that, and I have never used either joystick.   I would want two joysticks and 8 buttons for one player in my pincab control panel now.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

In my mame cabs i use the switchable joysticks and love them!

Real pins are very heavy so a nudge to me is a smack in direction with palm of hand not move the cab so much.

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

…. and get a tilt bob. To me, adding it has totally changed the experience. Now I just need to learn how to add tilt functionality to tables where it isn’t implemented. Maybe someone has a write-up about the subject ?

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

if you’re using real pin legs (I believe your are) that’s what lets the machine move, if you ever seen a compitition video where you see the whole machine, in slow-mo the legs twist and flex like crazy…. here ya go ,my wife 120lbs beating on a AFM… shes even more violent now nudging my cab and when we go play real machine…LOL

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

I wish my wife had an interest in pinball…you guys are lucky.  :)

I guess I’m comparing my cabinet to the real pins I play here locally, and they are much lighter and smaller in comparison.  (they mostly aren’t widebodys, whereas my cabinet is)

I actually had parts to build a DIY Tilt-Bob, built I figured with Pinscape, there’s no need.

@randr
                                  , can you just manually rotate those servo sticks by hand or can you use a switch to toggle it back and forth (in case software is a problem)?

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I have 2 types. Ledblinky turns servo on one set to 8 or 4 way. Other set you push down on joystick and turn to switch. I use hyperspin in mame cab and works perfectly with ledblinky

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@terryred : No, no no, don’t even consider trying to replace a physical tilt bob with a virtual one. I’ve been there, will not for a second consider going back. Add MJR’ or Zebs’ solution for nudging, but, don’t rely on some math for tilt ! It might be that it works better for Pinscape – but, I’m 100% sure that it can’t replace the real thing and it is both cheap and accurate. Actually, gives a new dimension just hearing and feeling the clonk of the bob hitting the metal. Super fun trying to stay at only double warnings ;-)

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Some nice updates on this last build! thank you :good:

for IOS and Android

SPAMP
                                        Participant
                                          @spamp

SPAMP
                                          Participant
                                            @spamp

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?