VP 10.4 Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    SPAMP
    Participant
      @spamp

Flippers?? So this might seem weird… either I totally missed this before or this is something new… right flipper and plunger activate together… they are not mapped together I checked ;-)

Is that supposed to happen?  :wacko:

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

That don’t happen on my system! What beta version you running?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

SPAMP
        Participant
          @spamp

Visual Pinball 10.4.0

But if I had to guess I would say it is the front end. I never used a front end before (until after I installed 10.4). Pinball X is creating a noticeable lag and drag during play. I’m going back to booting direct until I get this figured out. Hope I do! Or rather hope the community can help I’m out of guesses.   :wacko:

PinballX – Version 2.50
          Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit (15.9GB)
          CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
          GPU 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
          Future Pinball – Disabled in Pinball X settings

SPAMP
          Participant
            @spamp

Wow randr!! I had two threads going lol…. I responded to an issue I was having with PinballX… two things going on… flipper foul up and PinballX dragging down the play quality. I can live with the flippers for now but not the PinballX play quality issue.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I think WRD was having this problem i would need to look for the thread on here but sounds like the same issue he was having when running through PBX

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
              SPAMP
              Participant
                @spamp

PinballX boards are looking into it..

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/19913-pinballx-slows-down-tables/?tab=comments#comment-174346

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

wrd’s problem was that he was running some kind of anti-virus. Don’t !!

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

I’ve had to restart PBX because it looked like it was compressing the image quality more than once….
                    but i gave up a long time ago trying to report problems or common sense features on the PBX forums…

SPAMP
                    Participant
                      @spamp

I’ve had to restart PBX because it looked like it was compressing the image quality more than once…. but i gave up a long time ago trying to report problems or common sense features on the PBX forums…

Nope no BG processes running.. made sure of that.

SPAMP
                      Participant
                        @spamp

I’ve had to restart PBX because it looked like it was compressing the image quality more than once…. but i gave up a long time ago trying to report problems or common sense features on the PBX forums…

Haunt… you are describing my issue perfectly. Where you able to resolve the issue? No matter how many times I restart the play is still poor. I have not unintalled/reinsttalled though.

Do you guys recommend Hyperpin instead? Shame I was really looking forward to putting a bow on this project with a front end but if they affect game play I’ll pass.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Pinballx is really the best front end period.

you have something configured wrong or more likely windows defender or some program conflicting with pbx. What else is running in windows at startup?

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

LeChucksBeard
                          Participant
                            @lechucksbeard

I’m not seeing a performance difference personally, although I would prefer if PBX didn’t leave 3 extra windows/processes up in the background.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

I’ve pretty much stopped using a front end altogether, don’t have it auto launching any more.  Although I do add games to the game list when I put them on the cab and run pbxrecorder once in a while to update files, but since it’s just me that ever uses the cab I just use vp to run tables, and mostly I’m not playing but building, adjusting, fixing whatever.  Oh that and I took the cab off the internet a long time ago so pbx doesn’t auto-update or expire, it is still on my local network though so I can get stuff off my main computer.

SPAMP
                              Participant
                                @spamp

I’m not seeing a performance difference personally, although I would prefer if PBX didn’t leave 3 extra windows/processes up in the background.

Defender is off not running in real time and I even shut off the WiFi. Nothing else is on the machine except Visual Pinball and PinballX.

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

I never tracked down the problem…. but if I see it restarting it once or twice seems to fix it for me…. But like Borg, if i’m only testing on my cab and that’s even rare,….most of my work is done in my design rig which is 16:9 so in reality i dont need to use the cab for anything but playing

SPAMP
                                  Participant
                                    @spamp

Ya know something I forgot about this error. I am only getting in my cab and not on my laptop. I had been just dragging it off to the side in VPX and it does not affect the play/speed at all. Wonder if PinballX does not like what is going on….. I will have to look into resolving the .NET Unhandled exception and report back. If anyone knows anything about this please chime in!! ~Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/y84MV

^—<— Pic of error

Attachments:
                                    SPAMP
                                    Participant
                                      @spamp

Forgot to mention this only occurs on that table though. Other tables do not get that error. Error occurs on this table in both VPX direct launch and PinballX.

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

you need the newest B2S server and make sure your .NET is up to date

I think this is the newest….
                                        http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

We should have b2s here too I just have not uploaded it  :scratch: someone upload it here too please if we are allowed????

for IOS and Android

SPAMP
                                          Participant
                                            @spamp

We should have b2s here too I just have not uploaded it :scratch: someone upload it here too please if we are allowed????

Haunt that worked for the .NET issue!! Thanks!! Still trouble shooting the PinballX degraded play issue. The PinballX folks are encouraging me to look at the settings again… journey continues =)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?