VP 10.5 issue?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Redbeard30
    Participant
      @redbeard30

I recently updated from 10.4 to 10.5 beta to play dark knight and gain fastflips…everything was fine except when i went to ay fish tales…the table had “shrunk” down to a few inches! I tried reinstalling fishtales, also tried readjusting the size using the f6(camera) function but it would not save and kept  rwverting back to the tiny size…anyone else have this issue or able to recreate it? Id like to go back to 10.5 for the fastflips but fish tales is a fav of mine.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

One thing I guess – that can explain it is if you have a pov file in the same folder as the table. A new feature going from 10.4 to 10.5 is that if it exists such a file it will override the pov settings that is saved inside the table. Just rename or delete that file and you should be back to normal.

Redbeard30
        Participant
          @redbeard30

Thanks for the fast reply! I will look into the pov thing and get back to you with the results. Its great to see more virtual pinball sites than just the .org one…i was out of the loop for a few yeats and just rebuilt a new cab and discovered a few new sites….really liking this one!

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Yeah. Well. The file itself needs to be named that same as the table in order to override. So, it should be easy to find.

Redbeard30
            Participant
              @redbeard30

Deleted every pov file i had, none were matching name for fish tales but i deleted anyway…still the table loads tiny in 10.5 loads perfect in 10.4…heres a pic…hopefully with the mouse pointer and vp window you can see how small the scale is.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Weird. I can’t still think of anything else than that this is pov related. Maybe your Z offset is way off ?

http://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Is that the only table with the issue?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

From your description, when you use the camera angle change (F6) you are able to set the table view exactly as you wish, correct?  It’s just not saving the view?  Is your fish tale table file somehow set to read only?

Redbeard30
                    Participant
                      @redbeard30

Yes, in camera view i can adjust the table to fill the whole monitor area, but it will not save. The settings in the editor backdrop are all correct its just the table keeps apearing very tiny in 10.5 only. Only table that does this. Im stumped. I guess i could always set to launch fish tales from 10.4 and everything else to 10.5…just seems like a hassle, and its going to bug me why this is happening. I will check the read only thing out…and check back. I may try reinstalling 10.5 again with the new beta see if theres any difference. I believe the beta i used was 1 or 2 revisions ago.

Redbeard30
                      Participant
                        @redbeard30

So is the f6 camera view essentially the same as adjusting the backdrop settings in the editor, just more of a real time view so to speak? I will double check everything, settings, reqd ojly, etc and report back….very frustrating!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

You can actually use the feature I was talking about too. Fix the pov to what you want. Export the pov file so it matches the table name. But, it sounds like Loafer is correct. That file for some reason has become read only. You could verify that by opening the script – add a space or some unimportant character to it and then choose save. You should get some error if it can’t be saved.

Redbeard30
                          Participant
                            @redbeard30

I will test the read only and see if that works/doesnt work. Im just stumped as to why it would only have an effect in 10.5 and not 10.4…but who knows..LOL…i will play around with it tonight and get back with you….apreciate the help! Hopefull we will get it figured out!

gtxjoe
                            Participant
                              @gtxjoe

After adjusting table with F6 you need to save the changes by clicking on File->Save after exiting F6 mode. Try File Save As and create a new file version if you want

Redbeard30
                              Participant
                                @redbeard30

Yes, i tried adjusting in f6 mode, and saving but when i relaunch it just goes back to the small table. As if it didnt save.

Redbeard30
                                Participant
                                  @redbeard30

I will try all the mentioned things, read only, save as, and i will also try installing 10.5 again(newest beta) and also reinstalling fish tales. I will report my findings tonight after work.

Redbeard30
                                  Participant
                                    @redbeard30

The table was not read only, re installing 10.5 didnt work, reinstalling fish tales didnt work. I finally got it to save after adjusting in f6 mode…just seems the values are really high? But it fills the screen perfectly now.

Redbeard30
                                    Participant
                                      @redbeard30

Funny thing is if i take the “updated” table and load it in 10.4 i get a black screen….but i just have two fishtales one for 10.4 and one for 10.5…im going to stick with 10.5 for now for the fastflips. Thanks for helping out! Still seems weird my  z offset is 11660…but whatever, must be a bug or something.

RustyCardores
                                        @rustycardores
                                        MemberModerator

Same issue here with Fishtales.  I had to input a massive Z-Offset to get it to size.

Redbeard30
                                        Participant
                                          @redbeard30

Well at least i wasnt the only one! I was starting to think i sas the only one who had this issue. Wonder whats up with fish tales…seems out of 102 tables, thats the only one i had an issue with.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

This is really weird. Obviously its a bug somewhere.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?