Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

Last night my laptop stopped displaying the VP script window.  It showed that the script window was open in the Windows 10 task bar but if the script icon was selected nothing displayed and the table window once again became active.  I’ve seen this once before so I am adding this post should someone else experience it.  The problem is that the x/y coordinates of the code window have been shifted to extremely high values in the registry so that the location of the code window is now thousands of feet to your right and down.

The solution is to go into Regedit and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Visual Pinball/VP10/Editor/CodeViewPos x and y and change them to 0 and 0.  This restored my script window to being viewable but the odd thing is that if you go back into Regedit, even though the script is now visible, the location for x and y have gone back to fffffff8v or 4294967288d?  I’m not sure exactly what is going on here, only that changing the registry works.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

I had this happen too but got it sorted differently but i will say was scary for a minute :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Scottacus
    Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

How did you fix yours?  As  you can see in my post my “fix” really didn’t fix anything since the variables are still over 4 trillion!  The only thing that I can say is that my script window is back…

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

i did ALT-TAB once to focus script even though i still could not see it, then closed off vp and reopened VP and has been ok ever since

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Or … get the latest 10.5 beta and tell it to restore default. It is a feature that just got added :)

Personally. I’ve exported the editor setting for vp10 into its own *.reg that I have on the desktop. Double-click, accept and restart editor … boom back to happiness.

I mess this up quite a lot at the moment because fiddling with scripts while in 4k I tend to drag the script window to the backglass while working and all of a sudden I need to change some more. Back to 1080 and damn, I forgot to move the damn script window back to the “safe” 1080 area.

nFozzy
    Participant
    @nfozzy

Windows key + arrow keys will snap windows around

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW