• This topic has 139 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Tom.
Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Ljcoolj69
    Participant

I’ve noticed over the last couple of updates (3623 & 3628) that I’m getting A line though the backdrops (ON THE RIGHT SIDES ONLY) in JP tables that have the “shadow” image side rails (ex. FAETON vpx ver 1.0.3). Also, the “Hide” mask on Batman Dark Knight 1.2. I believe the edge is reflecting light from the table environment. It didn’t use to do that. I’m wondering if it is the VPX 10.6 BETA updates that are causing it. Thanks for everything you do!

Thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Instead of wondering. Test it yourself. Randr and Fuzzel has made it easy for anyone to test whatever build that has been made.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-beta-builds/

You can get all or just the one you need. Going back in versions, you only extract the archive to a empty folder somewhere. Take only the VPinballX.exe from that folder and replace it for VPinballX.exe in your VP folder. I keep one VPinballX.exe and one copy with the release name VP6_Beta_revnr.exe in my VP folder. That way I can quickly test if something is different. Of course, I would have to start the testing by starting the VP6_Beta_revnr.exe instead of double clicking the table.

Looking forward to a proper report instead of expecting others to do it for you B-)

Ljcoolj69
    Participant

Ok, just got back to this. Tried all versions of vpx 6. So, then I tried vpx5 3490 still showed line on right side. So, went back to first vpx5 3323 and no reflected line in these tables. Somewhere in between. When I find more time, I’ll see if I can find the exact version. I’m Including some pics so that you can see what I’m talking about. Thanks Thalamus. Have a good one.

Attachments:
    Ljcoolj69
    Participant

Ok, VPX5 3376 is the version that first introduced the line (I’m assuming it is a reflection off the edge of the ramp used to support the image).

I’m sorry I didn’t know I could just replace the vpinballx.exe by itself. I didn’t know it was stand alone from the other files that came with update and wouldn’t effect anything else in the system.

Thanks for the education.

Thalamus

Now take a picture so the devs can see it too. One with the normal and then one with the problem. It is important that we help the devs as good as possible. If they where to spend all their spare time trying to find the problems. it surely would affect their abilities to improve VP.

I think it is awesome that you’ve managed to nail a specific version. Good job !

Ljcoolj69
    Participant

Attaching zip file with 2 table examples both before and after version VPX_5 3376.

Batman Dark Knight (line through batmans head in backdrop from hide mask.)

Faeton (line about an inch off right rail from shadow rail)

Thanks.

Attachments:
    Thalamus

It took me a while to find the problems you are mentioning. When there is a graphical problem. It is a good idea to make a ring around the problem area or something so it easier for the next guy to come along. The description of the problem wasn’t all bad so I was able though. I don’t know how often the devs follow this thread for bugs. My advice is posting a link to this in the beta thread over at vpf. Include the exact version where the problem starts the first time. You should be able to run all versions so you know exactly when it changed. That way the devs can go back and see – what did we change that affect this and how can we fix it much easier. I would also suggest that you make that area highlighted first. And maybe even repost in the beta thread on vpf. Thank you for reporting. As I said. Good and accurate reports is beneficial to us all. :good:

Dazz
    Participant

Anyone else getting more crashes with the most recent version 3628? I’ve had it completely crash multiple times using CFTBL. When crashing it gives no crash error or anything. Just completely closes out.

randr
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Yes i have.

But have seen fresh install fixes it, make sure vp is installed in C:\Visual Pinball folder and not Program Files folder(win10) basic stuff like that ive seen stop crashing but im waiting for maybe a fix??? before i reinstall my cab :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

mnpinmonkey
    Participant

ive been having a few crashes ive been trying to back track with this crash report, im currently at rev3618 working backwards. have found its not specific to any one table, or specific time could happen at first launch or one minute into table,still working through my system so if this helps anyone great. will post any findings i find.

Crash report VPX rev3628
    ============
    Process: vpinballx.exe
    Reason: 0xC0000005 – EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0023:0047E40C
    Attempt to write to 0x0E18F0F8
    Thread ID: 0x1750 [5968]

Call stack
    ==========
    0047E40C vpinballx.exe (0xFFFFFFFFBFDFA7BB 0x112F6960 0x00000015 0x74c8e9f0)
    004E360E vpinballx.exe (0x3D0BE25F 0x0000000A 0x3DCCCCCD 0x3f8dfa30)
    004E2E77 vpinballx.exe (0x0EA6A8C0 0x112F6960 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF2E26 0x003be335)
    004E427F vpinballx.exe (0x02F85330 0x0019FA1C 0x74C8E9F0 0x00000001)

Environment
    ===========
    Date/time: 14/2/2019, 18:10:33:717
    Number of CPUs: 12
    Processor type: 586
    System: Windows 10 (10.0 17763)

Memory status
    =============
    Total Reserved: 375940K (367M) bytes
    Total Commited: 1589820K (1552M) bytes
    Total Free: 2228480K (2176M) bytes
    Largest Free: 2095296K (2046M) bytes

Registers
    =========
    EAX=0E18ED9C EBX=00000001 ECX=144BE6E0 EDX=00673C40
    ESI=144BE6E0 EDI=4895FC60 EBP=00000000 ESP=0019F770 EIP=004EA4E9
    FLG=00010246 CS=0023 DS=002B SS=002B ES=002B FS=0053 GS=002B

Failed to save minidump.

chihua07
    Participant

Reporting that 3639 is hanging on closing tables.  You hit esc and then end and it just hangs.  You have mouse control and can hit ctrl alt delete and end task, but it will not close on its own. At least for me.  Any others out there having that problem?  Thanks for all the hard work!!!

randr
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I see same issues. report the issue on VPF dev thread please. remember its a beta

1 user thanked author for this post.
    TerryRed
    MemberContributorModerator

Yah, its too bad with these recent crashes with vpx 10.6 beta.

Until recently, I would have recommended to almost anyone that using the new betas are fine….as up until recently they have been excellent with no major issues.

For use with Popper however I noted in the wiki that it’s NOT good to update to vpx 10.6 beta unless its required. (as is the case with any beta software)

There are so many things that can go wrong with a vp cab, and many want to point to the front end being the cause of crashes…when unfortunately…lately it’s been recent updates to vp, dmd related files, etc causing problems…. and giving endless support headaches that have nothing to do with Popper.

VPX 10.6 has some cool new features that Popper can make great use of…so I hope the boys can figure out the problems.

Is there a general consensus to which version is the last most stable version? I’m still using 3592, and have no problems using it on my cab at all. VPX, PuP and Popper are rock solid. Maybe if there is a specific version I can note to install that may be better.

Update: I noted that version 3592 is currently the most stable version to use right now on the PUP install wiki.

outhere
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Same here

I’m running VP10 version 3592 – Seems to be very stable

randr
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Sorry I modified upload adding dropdown for selecting downloads and that caused this to bump to top.

TXT11
    Participant

Anyone having the issue when you try to close a running game (I use the ‘Q’ key to bring up the 3 box window to resume/debug/exit) clicking on ‘exit’ not only closes the table but also the editor?   I am Windows XP 32 Bit.

The Loafer
    Participant

That was an issue for me two releases back but I’ve not had an issue with the most recent

edit: you are on winxp?  That might be part of the issue, because not sure.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Schreibi34
    Participant

I can’t reach the official thread on the other site so i’ll put this here:

I have an odd problem with the new PF prim feature. VPX6 rev3618 (still on this one because of the stabilty issues) gives me black lines around cutouts on the prim PF. I have some images to show the problem. Any idea? The blender file was OK as seen on the picture:

VPX Editor:

01 - Problem PF cutout - Editor

VPX ingame:

02 - Problem PF cutout - VPX ingame

Blender, no lines:

03 - Problem PF cutout - Blender - no black lines

There are also no lines on the PF texture image.

Edit:

PF texture image:

04 - Problem PF cutout - PF texture image - no black lines

Dazz
    Participant

Anyone noticing strange physic issues with 3653? I’ve run into several issues where the ball would be on a ramp, then like falls through it.  On several tables the ball seems to just act strange around slings and flipper area. It’s hard to describe… seems like the ball is being nudged, but it’s not. So, it’s sortta jerky nudge movement I guess.

Sliderpoint
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Anyone noticing strange physic issues with 3653? I’ve run into several issues where the ball would be on a ramp, then like falls through it. On several tables the ball seems to just act strange around slings and flipper area. It’s hard to describe… seems like the ball is being nudged, but it’s not. So, it’s sortta jerky nudge movement I guess.

Any particular table to check?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account