This topic contains 94 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  krisser 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
     Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Can’t say I’ve seen this yet @dazz.

Did you know that there is mobile phone app that helps to keep track of site activity ?
    IOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vpinball-mobile-app/id1446518720?mt=8
    Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vpinball.app&hl=en_US

g5k 
    Participant

I can’t reach the official thread on the other site so i’ll put this here:

I have an odd problem with the new PF prim feature. VPX6 rev3618 (still on this one because of the stabilty issues) gives me black lines around cutouts on the prim PF. I have some images to show the problem. Any idea? The blender file was OK as seen on the picture:

VPX Editor:

01 - Problem PF cutout - Editor

VPX ingame:

02 - Problem PF cutout - VPX ingame

Blender, no lines:

03 - Problem PF cutout - Blender - no black lines

There are also no lines on the PF texture image.

Edit:

PF texture image:

04 - Problem PF cutout - PF texture image - no black lines

It looks like its a premult error on the alpha edge. It might be vpx or it might be your texture, some programs manage it better than others hiding the issue. One way to try and fix it would be to open it in photoshop and use the remove black matting option (think its in the layer menu).

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Schreibi34 
    Participant

Thanks for the answer!

The thing is, i’m useing Krita which is good for a freeware programm, but it’s not PS. At least i know what to look for now. The naming of that funktion shouldn’t be to different. I hope there is a checkbox for that!

I will report back!

Schreibi34 
    Participant

BTW great job on TAF!! Too bad i have a 27″ 1080p tabletop cab!

g5k
     Mike da Spike 
    Participant

BTW great job on TAF!! Too bad i have a 27″ 1080p tabletop cab!

Time to upgrade it to a 4k !  :good:

Since beta 3650 I  don’t have any crashes anymore.  Thats a good sign @fuzzel!

Keep up the good work !

Scottacus 
    Participant

I tried to use:   table1.BackdropImage   in a VPX table but it gives the error:  Object doesn’t support this property or method:

The code will work in VP9 tables but the VPX doc still lists BackdropImage(string) and there is no “*” in front of it.  Has this variable been removed from use?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@fuzzel not seeing 3664?

Edit… i added it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  randr.
     coreduo0099 
    Participant

Not sure if this is the best place, but with all the great PUP video backglasses coming up that require no b2s to be running, I’m finding that it is really hard to accomplish this without coming up with non-sensical names for my tables.  When VPX launches it seem to fuzzy name match other backglasses.  e.g. the old bally star trek, or a different indiana jones table, etc.

Is there a way to disable backglasses in VPX?  (in VP9 I controlled it with the script)

If not, I was thinking about 3 different features that might accomplish this which would be a nice inclusion to VPX:

• Table preference in UI to enable/disable backglass
    • Application preference in UI to enable/disable fuzzy name matching
    • Table script command to toggle backglass loading
    • OR, ideally a way to toggle b2s or PUP as backglass

If there is a better place to post for the fantastic authors, please let me know.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  coreduo0099.
     outhere 
    Participant

No more fuzzy name matching

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768

coreduo0099 
    Participant

No more fuzzy name matching https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768%5B/quote%5D
    Holy Cow, Fantastic.  Although I didn’t see any notes about it in the linked post, that version stopped finding the similar named backglasses.

What a difference in convenience.

For others who run across this, just download the two gdrive files and re-register as the linked post says.

I then renamed for example ‘Star Trek LE (Stern 2013).directb2s’ to ‘Star Trek LE (Stern 2013).ddirectb2s’

This kept it in neat alpha order when I look at my Tables directory and no longer loads ‘Star Trek (Bally 1979).directB2S’

@terryred @nailbuster using this alt backglass server build might be a good add-on for the pup-video install guides. (Unless another solution is in progress)

Whoo Hoo

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

No more fuzzy name matching https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41903#entry424768%5B/quote%5D

Holy Cow, Fantastic. Although I didn’t see any notes about it in the linked post, that version stopped finding the similar named backglasses.

What a difference in convenience.

For others who run across this, just download the two gdrive files and re-register as the linked post says.

I then renamed for example ‘Star Trek LE (Stern 2013).directb2s’ to ‘Star Trek LE (Stern 2013).ddirectb2s’

This kept it in neat alpha order when I look at my Tables directory and no longer loads ‘Star Trek (Bally 1979).directB2S’

@terryred @nailbuster using this alt backglass server build might be a good add-on for the pup-video install guides. (Unless another solution is in progress)

Whoo Hoo

Lol….it was Nailbuster who updated b2s server to add that no fuzzy matching feature. :)

The updated B2S server has been on the pup install wiki for a long while now….

outhere 
    Participant

That’s why I have this in the post

Nailbuster updates + djrobx fix

@djrobx did this fix

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3882-can-anybody-test-this-file/?do=findComment&comment=42477

coreduo0099 
    Participant

Thank you very much guys,  I installed PUP before this update and thus never went back to the wiki.  I have not seen it on the PUP Pack posting install notes.  (unless I missed it in the notes for the last two postings.. Star Trek and Indiana Jones).

As a sanity check I looked at the 1.4 upgrade (only upgrade I’ve done for a while) and I don’t see a mention of this there either, but do on the fresh install guide.

As you guys help the folks making pup packs it might be worth mentioning for all the folks that may not use pinup or installed before January 10.  I follow a lot of threads in order to try to keep up but missed that one.

Thanks again for the pointers.  much better experience this way.  I suspect it also solves some vpt vs vpx backglass overlap I had due to the fuzzy naming match.

Next up… FX3 update, DOF update and Thalmus’ interesting fast flipper update scripts…  ;)

coreduo0099 
    Participant

New FX3 works great with this added  to the top section of B2STableSettings.xml

<FormToFront>1</FormToFront>

Question.. A while back there was a thread to patch B2SBackglassServerEXE to 4GB RAM vs std 2GB max for larger backglasses.  Does the patched version above also handle 4GB?

krisser 
    Participant

Thanks Devs for yet another update.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account