VP 10.6 Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    charlieshakur
    Participant
      @charlieshakur

anyone getting very faint scan lines in there blacks is most visible tried everything can see it very well in wipeout at the bttom as a example table turned of everything and still there driving me nuts currently on the latest beta

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Pictures helps.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

If your using AMD video card

Ins”t There something about if you’re running an AMD video card you should have (Alternate death buffer processing) checked

charlieshakur
          Participant
            @charlieshakur

no using nvdia 980ti its like scan line very faint i though it was to help with performance or something il try and get a pic but its hard to show in pics maybe a video

charlieshakur
            Participant
              @charlieshakur

Ufffntitled

charlieshakur
              Participant
                @charlieshakur

manged to just about show them they move when playing have tried nearly everything to fix was hoping it was just the latest beta

charlieshakur
                Participant
                  @charlieshakur

could it be i need to update my Sambuild to 4805 ??

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

20190824_232953

I would say – no, I don’t have those lines. Maybe try different drivers ? :unsure:

charlieshakur
                    Participant
                      @charlieshakur

Can i ask what drivers you are running i updated mine recently to latest stupidly

charlieshakur
                      Participant
                        @charlieshakur

i can confirm for me it was the latest beta causing them lines i went back to 3592 and they are gone mite be a bug i dont no but its there on latest beta for me

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Happy to hear it resolved your problem. I haven’t updated my nVidia drivers since I built the cab about two years ago. I still find it odd how few are discussing the drivers to use in our cabs. Way back, I used to compete playing a video game. It was very important to have the “correct” drivers, or I would start to miss with a higher percentage.

charlieshakur
                          Participant
                            @charlieshakur

Yeah them lines where doing my nut in big time i tried to ignore them but just couldn’t also went all the way back to February’s drivers for my 980ti but probs wasn’t nothing to do with the drivers drive was thinking of renaming my current build and exe im on and still testing the latest beta ran totan and said please use latest but still seems ok so far not sure what it affects

ashleyb
                            Participant
                              @ashleyb

i can confirm for me it was the latest beta causing them lines i went back to 3592 and they are gone mite be a bug i dont no but its there on latest beta for me

I’m also getting these scan lines on 3758 and the last beta.  Can’t say I noticed it before that.  Really bad on Jackbot at the top of the table by the flashers and down the sides .  I do suspect it’s a vpx issue as I screenshot the jackbot table when I downloaded it when it first came out and the screenshot I use in pinballx is perfectly clear.

So @charlieshakur, you solved this by going all the way back to 3592?  Is your playfield 4k by any chance?

greensteel
                              Participant
                                @greensteel

Thanks for all the hard work, but I have an issue with the latest beta.  I updated this morning and all of my buttons seemed to have stopped working.  I have the Virtuapin v3 controller and all the buttons set up in the keys settings.  It worked before the update, but now all the buttons do the same thing, they all hit both flippers, start game, add credit, plunger, and increase and decrease volume.  I can confirm the buttons do what they are supposed to in PBX and the Virtuapin configure program.

Help, thanks.

greensteel
                                Participant
                                  @greensteel

Nevermind, figured it out.  For some reason my keyboard buttons were no longer mapped in VPX and it seems if there aren’t keyboard buttons mapped, the controller buttons don’t work.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

I cant open my collections manager?  clicked F8 and tried the manual way.  am I missing something?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Try a different version. And if it is persistent, maybe file a bug.

fuzzel
                                      Participant
                                        @fuzzel
                                        VP DEV

Beta phase is over now. Toxie released the 10.6 version as installer and standalone exe as always on the other site.

@Randr
                                        : can you update the files in the download section please.

fuzzel
                                        Participant
                                          @fuzzel
                                          VP DEV

I cant open my collections manager?  clicked F8 and tried the manual way.  am I missing something?

If a window doesn’t show up it could be that somehow the window positions were not saved correctly.
                                          Open the registration editor and go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Visual Pinball\VP10\Editor. The coordinates of the sound manager window is saved under SoundMngPosX and SoundMngPosY. Delete these two entries and start VPX again. You can also delete the complete Editor subtree but that would reset all editor settings to default.

Tom
                                          Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

That did it, Thanks @Fuzzel!!!!!.

Second issue I noticed when I downloaded 10.5 to see if I had collection manager there, when I got a new video card all the screen assignments got screwed up.  After mucking around for about 2 hours I got them back to normal.  Played with screen res editor, B2s, vpx, registry…cant remember what fixed but its fixed.  When I opened 10.5, the PF went on my BG screen.  Difference between .5 and .6?? second part to that, now VP9 is displaying on BG screen also.  Leads me to believe that 10.5 and vp9 are correct and 10.6 is not.. any thoughts??  thanks :wacko:

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?