VP Authors: What is your fantasy mic drop build?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Our time on this earth is finite. For many VP authors their time building virtual pinball is even more finite. Hobbies run their course and even the best table authors retire. So if you could go out with a bang – with perfect quality resources and blueprints – what would your dream retirement project be?

(Not looking for another wish list thread from non-authors.)

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Wizard of Oz

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
          @bord

Wizard of Oz

Oh man, wouldn’t that be something!

cyberpez
          Participant
            @cyberpez

Well I guess first would be finishing the tables I’ve already started…

But..  for a mic drop..  I have a pretty elaborate idea for a Bill and Ted original…  It will be a main Pasadena playfield..  then swap the whole playfield out for another as you travel through time to collect all the historical figures.  Kinda like a Taxi or Monster Bash on steroids…

.. but there is hopefully a lot between here and there.

WED21
            Participant
              @wed21

If someone could replicate Bally’s Escape from the Lost World that would be an amazing feat as about 90% would need to be primitives! I have the actual pin if anyone is willing to do it!

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

TBL. Especially if it could be finished before they could get the rest of theirs built!  LOL  … sorry to any pre-orderers.

-Mike

bord
                  @bord

I have a pretty elaborate idea for a Bill and Ted original… It will be a main Pasadena playfield.. then swap the whole playfield out for another as you travel through time to collect all the historical figures. Kinda like a Taxi or Monster Bash on steroids…

A time traveling playfield would be really cool. I hope you work on this thing down the road…

TBL. Especially if it could be finished before they could get the rest of theirs built! LOL … sorry to any pre-orderers. -Mike

If you start today and have to script the entire scoring/graphics programming from scratch I’d say you have a good chance of beating them. I’ve played one and it is a cool game, although the flippers were weak and I couldn’t make all the shots.

bord
                    @bord

If someone could replicate Bally’s Escape from the Lost World that would be an amazing feat as about 90% would need to be primitives! I have the actual pin if anyone is willing to do it!

That thing is nutty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real one before. Is it fun or just a novelty?

WED21
                    Participant
                      @wed21

I love it! Lots of hills on two different levels, a bridge, and even the apron is part of the gameplay! The multi-ball on it is pretty useless, doesn’t affect gameplay other than two balls are on the playfield. I’ll post a pic of mine tonight when I get home, I’ve done a full rebuild with all LED’s.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

For me it would be a properly done pinball circus machine. I wonder if this could be done better in FSS?! hmm….

CXvwsNXWQAA7lEM

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

What does that Pinball Circus machine remind everyone of???

For me it reminds of JP’s Gargamel park!!!

Notice the likeness??

What a great choice Randr!!

gargamel_park_10

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Yeah JP based his off Pinball circus (kinda)

The problem with pinball circus is that no rom dump is available!

for IOS and Android

bord
                              @bord

Yeah JP based his off Pinball circus (kinda) The problem with pinball circus is that no rom dump is available!

Really? We have so many rarities available and that one doesn’t have a dump? Bummer.

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

My mom and her friends watch this cheesy soap called “Coronation Street”, it’s been running for like a million years and it follows the lives of a bunch of Brits living on Coronation Street.  I catch a bit of the show through osmosis.  I’ve wanted to make an original themed around this for my mom and her friends because between the buildings, cobble stone streets and all the weird shit Brit’s say on this show would make great call backs.  Problem being it would take me forever to draw up all the artwork myself then I’d need someone talented enough  to make the game actually work.

“OI WHAT YOU THINK YOU’RE PLAYING AT!?”

3dcreation

bord
                                  @bord

My mom and her friends watch this cheesy soap called “Coronation Street”, it’s been running for like a million years and it follows the lives of a bunch of Brits living on Coronation Street. I catch a bit of the show through osmosis. I’ve wanted to make an original themed around this for my mom and her friends because between the buildings, cobble stone streets and all the weird shit Brit’s say on this show would make great call backs. Problem being it would take me forever to draw up all the artwork myself then I’d need someone talented enough to make the game actually work. “OI WHAT YOU THINK YOU’RE PLAYING AT!?”

I’ve seen some offbeat pinball themes but this might take the cake. Unpronounceable Japanese Anime has nothing on Coronation Street. I hope you get to work on it one day.

Dark
                                    @dark
                                    vipMemberContributor

@bord I think the idea first came to me while working on kingpin with ICP and Fren because it has a cobblestone street theme with some buildings.  ‘Corry’ as it’s referred to is very popular here in Canada and in the UK among older women.

3dcreation

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Yeah JP based his off Pinball circus (kinda) The problem with pinball circus is that no rom dump is available!

Well looks like you’ll just have to track one of those machines down and do it yourself….haha. :P

3dcreation

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

real pin I cant think of just one….
                                        but original I would love to someday get this done, since i been shopping it now for years…

Nightmare before christmas…. oh, and the other would be Monkey Island

bord
                                          @bord

real pin I cant think of just one…. but original I would love to someday get this done, since i been shopping it now for years… Nightmare before christmas…. oh, and the other would be Monkey Island

I remember the Money Island revival thread from 2 years ago. Whatever happened? For a while it looked like it would work out.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Nightmare before Xmas would be awesome

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?