This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dipkid 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
     Dipkid 
    Participant

Hey guys! My first post here, so first of all a big thank you to you all for assets, guides, tips etc!

So this is my DIY frankensteined 32″ VP cab. (Iv built a couple of MAME cabs, but this is my first time messing with VP.)

The cabs made of Valchromat 12mm wood, which I drew in Ilustrator and cutted the parts with CNC.

It houses a 32″ fhd Samsung tv for playfield, a imac 21,5″ as the backbox/computer-brain (Bootcamp Win10)

All buttons wired to a Zero Delay  Usb PCB. Most of the buttons I had laying around, some I got from a Bingomachine mechanic at work :)

Random RGB lights here and there, & the (temporary) legs are from Ikea.

Most of the vinyl layout are from Iron Maidens Legacy Of The Beast promo material, that I messed with in Photoshop.

As of now Im running PinballX, VPX, MAME and Pinball FX3.  Thanks for looking!

(Its still a WIP, I want to switch out the backbox, the legs, get a 4K screen, a dedicated *monster* PC built in and maybe put in a third screen for DMD)

IMG_20190609_193733 IMG_20190608_171151 IMG_20190608_212029

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Dipkid.
     Oldschool4 
    Participant

Awesome Decals. :good:

Dipkid 
    Participant

Added a (diy ghetto) topper, chromelists, new launcher art and a acrylic playfield glass printed with dot raster to hide the tv-bezel.

topper  chrome-list  eddie-launcherdot-raster-glass

Nemo 
    Participant

Dang ! That’s one cool looking pin man, well done  :good:

Dipkid 
    Participant

Added a bunch of led buttons because yaaay blinky neon lights! IMG_20190729_202412

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Thanks for posting your build pics.

I know everyone likes to see what people build I know it amazes me what people come up with!

Great job and have fun with it👍🏻

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Dipkid 
    Participant

Heres a off topic funny sidenote for any metalheads out there;
    The airplane sitting on top of the backbox is a model of Ed Force One, that I got from my friend who actually got it from the band personally
    while flying Ed Force One with Bruce Dickinsson as the pilot.  B-)   (She works in the music industry)

JR 
    Participant

More Cowbell!!    Hm…might be wrong Bruce.  Beautiful looking cab and that’s a very cool sidenote!

Dipkid 
    Participant

Im notoriously bad at documenting my progress, but heres a couple of build-pics I found on my dropbox, for anyone interested.
    (Most cab-builders seems to enjoy the CNC router table)    :-)

pinball-glue  pinball-vinyl  pinball-CPpinball-CNC  pinball-sketch

pinball-wip

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account