VP Table in FS 3/4 of Screen?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    flimflam1970
    Participant
      @flimflam1970

Hello All,

I apologize in advance as I am sure this topic has probably been addressed numerous times, here and elsewhere, but I have yet to find a solution in the archives that has worked. I am relatively new to the VP scene  and I am starting my first build with mostly success with the exception of some of the newer games (AC/DC, Metallica…). When I run these games whether natively via VP, or via a loader Pinball X. The playfields only take up 3/4 of the screen the bottom 1/4 of the screen is black. I have tried all the resolution settings for VP and the Pinball X windowed option and they all produce the same 3/4 screen. My monitor is setup as portrait in Windows 10 as well.

What am I missing or haven’t tried.

IMG_20190831_160619

Appreciate your time and look forward to your responses.

Be well,

-Chris

32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

Visual Pinball has 3 display settings

Desktop (DT)  Landscape —>  what is being displayed in your picture

Full Screen (FS) Landscape

Full Single Screen (FSS)

Like you their are some table authors that set their monitor settings to Portrait and release their tables with Full Screen Portrait settings.

Sorry to tell you that you will not find many tables set to run on this orientation.

Search “POV”  and how to adjust those settings

You will have to modify EACH!!!!  table to match your  Portrait Settings.

Or

try to find someone that has a full set of downloadable POV files with Portrait Settings.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

flimflam1970
        Participant
          @flimflam1970

Thanks for the response and the clarity on the various display settings. So are you suggesting that rather then set my monitor in portrait mode I keep it in landscape mode and run VP? Maybe this would be better asked with an example? You saw the AC/DC in my original post, my montior is currently in portait ‘mode’. How do I adjust VP (or computer) to make full screen? I would rather modify my computer and/or VP than edit code for all the tables.

32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

I suggest you set your orientation to what you are most comfortable with.

their are many valid points to both sides of the Landscape vs. Portrait debate.

Setting your monitor to Landscape will require less work as most tables are released with Landscape settings.

the only thing you need to do is

Open the VP editor and go to –> Preferences –> Video/Graphic Settings

Make sure that you have a check on “Use Always FS backdrop Settings”

(close and re open the editor for this settings to take effect)

By default VP loads tables in Desktop Mode;  this settings change it to FS Mode.

When you download a table that is set to run in Portrait mode. Read trough the support topic

someone always uploads a Landscape POV.

here is an example

someone wondering why his table is not loading in FS with Landscape settings.  (table will load correctly with your Portrait settings)

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bally-1989/page/7/

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

flimflam1970
            Participant
              @flimflam1970

Thanks again for your time. Your solution worked perfectly. I reset the orientation of the playfield monitor back to landscape and the majority of the tables that I have played appear full screen……now I have a new issue! After the switch all of the backglass now are oversized and the right edge is off the screen. The monitor I am using is a very old Dell 1708 17″ LCD 1440×900. I have played around with setting in vpinmame and VP with no luck, also adjust the screenres.txt file, the results are the same or worse, sometime resulting in the playfield moving onto this (backglass) monitor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?