VP10 and LED

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chapel
    Participant
      @chapel78

For someone reason since upgrading to the final vp 10, the led lights don’t seem to be working with the tables. Unfortunately, I never updated to the last beta build of vp 10 but had the next to last (the 2300 build). The led lights worked with it. The led lights continue to work with VP 9.9.2. For the life of me can’t figure out what I have left off that could be causing it. Thanks for any advice and thanks all for making Christmas that much more exciting with all of the great releases.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You did copy all new vp10 official release vbs scripts to scripts and or tables folder?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Chapel
        Participant
          @chapel78

Yep, I copied them all over to my scripts folder and unblocked them to make sure that wasn’t causing a problem. Also got the updated vpinmame and 2.22 sam. I have the direct output folder shortcut in the plugins subdirectory. Should have mentioned before that I have vp9 in its own directory and vp10 in its own directory. Curious if anyone still has the vpx beta 2435 as that was what I was using before this final release and the led lights worked fine. May try going back to it to see if it still works with it and then from there try to figure out what changed. Of course like a kid with a new toy when I downloaded the new vp 10 final today I deleted my copy of the vpx beta 2385. Out with the old and in with the new. Thanks for any ideas.

Just found the 2435 beta in the download section so going to try that out again to see if it works.

Chapel
          Participant
            @chapel78

Interesting development. I’ve moved everything into one folder combining the vp10 folder into the already working vp9 folder. The LED now works for all the vp 10 tables but 2, which happen to be both freneticamnesic’s tables from here: Star Trek and Metallica. His America’s Most Haunted table flashes the LED. Have not tried the Soprano’s yet but will tomorrow as it is getting late. So progress is being made but still puzzling on why those two. Well before I drive myself mad, I will retire for now. Merry christmas.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Must be related to b2sserver. Typically you cannot have 2 installed so probably why. I’m sure I remember a work around for that but all my tables are in one tables folder so never a issue

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

opcode
              Participant
                @opcode

You can actually put the B2S Server in its own directory. I have put my B2S server stuff in my pinball drive in d:\B2SBackglassServer\. Your directory structure should look like:

B2S Directory Structure

Even though I show a plugins directory under there, I’m pretty sure that’s not needed, it appears that still needs to be in the tables folder. While on the DirectOutput subject, you can put it in its own directory too, mine is in d:\DirectOutput\, directory structure:

Make sure you register your B2S Server, by running the B2SBackglassServerRegisterApp.exe inside your B2SBackglassServer directory. One other thing to note, you need a ScreenRes.txt in each tables directory.

That worked for me with DOF working fine, and I have my tables in different folders for VP9, VP9-Physmod, and VPX.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?