VPCab DOF controller question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SmooveJY
    Participant
      @smoovejy

Oddball question here, but not sure where to take it.  I recently bought, from the original owner, a VP Cabs Traditional LE cab (manufactured in 2015 per the back plate).  I got an amazing deal on it, and it saved me the trouble of building from scratch, but there are complications in working on a cab you didn’t build out yourself.  This is a good example of that.

While the cab looks to be in fantastic condition overall, it was missing the hard drive (obviously an issue), and a number of the connections inside the cab have been unhooked.  In particular, there is a ribbon connector that is plugged into what I assume to be the DOF controller, but the connector is loose on the other end.  There’s another two-pin brown wire that looks to be in the same boat (plugged into the DOF controller on one end, loose on the other).  The loose ends are all routed down by the motherboard, but I’m not sure if that’s where they were supposed to go, or if they were put there to get them out of the way.  Anyone know where these connectors are supposed to plug in?  On the motherboard, or elsewhere?  The DOF controller looks to be a custom board (it’s silk screened with VP Cabs on it), and I can’t find a pinout, schematic, or manual for it with Google searching.  Checking with VP Cabs, too, but not sure if they’ll respond since I’m not the original purchaser.

Poor quality photos attached.  Red circle and arrow around the connectors that I’m trying to find the other attachment point.  Sorry the photos look like crap, but they’re taken with a digital endoscope I snaked down in the cab because I haven’t had a chance to pull the playfield monitor out yet to really get in and work on the thing.

Does anyone know where these connectors are supposed to go?  Or where I can get more information on the boards at issue, so I can avoid bugging people with dumb questions?  All help appreciated.  Thanks.

Screenshot_20190903-230143_Photo Editor2019090319480220190903195219

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Well I would like to think that VP cabs would support your game even though you are not the original owner.  Keep your fingers crossed as they would be the best resource

Second would be zebs boards as from I can tell he sells all the DOF lights and solenoid boards to VP cabs, or at least that’s what I believe.  Maybe I’m wrong about that :unsure:

I have one of zebs boards and there is a ribbon cable that goes to the 5 bar flasher and 2 wires that go to the flashers.  They are labelled to make it fairly bullet proof.  But I am not sure if that will be any help as I don’t know what VP cabs is using

Zeb
        Participant
          @zebulon

The indicated 2 pin connector and ribbon cable plug into a 2″ x 2″ board on the end of the playfield flasher bar.

I know so little about everything that I could tell you all there is to know about nothing

1 user thanked author for this post.
          SmooveJY
          Participant
            @smoovejy

You guys are awesome.  Thanks so much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?