Vpinmame 3.2 color Roms ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    rgarriott
    Participant
      @rgarriott

I started acouple days ago trying my hand at the extdmd color rom patching deal.  Im slightly lost, slightly making my way through it.  I did follow along with the write up with the patching tool and got the avengers rom patched.  As I went to use it of course it didnt work, which for me thats the norm.  As I looked in vpinmame.exe I noticed that the avs_170hc is no longer on the rom list for 3.2.  At the time of the write up it was saying to use i believe vpinmame 2.8.  And as i looked through other tables i noticed that there were no color roms for them either.

I figured that with each update the active rom list would just get larger by adding new roms to the update. Not sure what im missing but why isnt there a active color rom like avs_170hc, ACDC, ect anymore?

Thanks for the help

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator
        rgarriott
        Participant
          @rgarriott

It’s there

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=43163

aca_170hc

Hmmm

I wonder why mine isnt showing the same.

Ill reinstall and see what i get.

Thanks for the reply

rgarriott
          Participant
            @rgarriott

Doesnt it also have to have the X next to it before it is active?

gtxjoe
            Participant
              @gtxjoe

You have to install the VPUniverse Sam vpinmame 3.2 beta build to have color rom support. The vpforums version of vpinmame doe not support color roms

rgarriott
              Participant
                @rgarriott

You have to install the VPUniverse Sam vpinmame 3.2 beta build to have color rom support. The vpforums version of vpinmame doe not support color roms

10-4. Thanks again.

Ill head over there

rgarriott
                Participant
                  @rgarriott

Hey all Im back working on trying to get color roms going. I have downloaded sambuild r4799 and reinstalled from vpuniverse but i still am not showing any color roms in vpinmame.  So I have 3.2 vpinmame, version 1.42.  What am I missing?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Press F1, tick use external dmd and color – if of course you’ve installed the external dll correctly. Read : dmddevice.dll.

rgarriott
                    Participant
                      @rgarriott

Press F1, tick use external dmd and color – if of course you’ve installed the external dll correctly. Read : dmddevice.dll.

when i go to test a rom i still dont see the color roms on the list.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

After installing the new pinmame – did you run setup.exe and pressed the install button ? If you don’t see the color roms, well, then it can’t work of course. Sounds like you didn’t install from VPU to be honest. Or, you did something wrong.

rgarriott
                        Participant
                          @rgarriott
                          1. Yep reinstalled after downloading. Is it the sambuild 4799 what i need? I also did the freezys1.7.1 also.
                          Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Right. Then if you tick that use external and color and of course have valid colors setup. It should work. What game are you testing ? And what have you done exactly up until now ?

rgarriott
                            Participant
                              @rgarriott

Right now im just trying to get the color roms to show up in vpinmame. Iv gone to carney priests thread over at vpuniverse and downloaded r4799 sambuild and freezys 1.7.1 dmdext. Extracted both to my vpinmame folder, overwriting exiting files. Start the setup x64 push install to update. Unlock new dll files.

Vpinmame says its version 3.2, 1.42.

But still when i go to setup and test a rom i dont see any color roms. Acdc, avengers ect.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

You have not mentioned a word about where you placed the altcolor files and their names and for that matter a complete example of table/rom.

rgarriott
                                Participant
                                  @rgarriott

I haven’t mentioned anything about that because i cant even get the color rom to show up on the rom list. For example avs_170hc.

Its got to be something simple im missing on a download somewhere.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Yes. Start pinmame again. Look at the paths – are they correct ?

rgarriott
                                    Participant
                                      @rgarriott

5AE1B0AC-3A3D-4690-AE3B-5980E2BE9102When i start setup and go to test a rom i have no color roms like in the picture that outhere posted at the top of the thread.

Could you post a link to the vpinmame that you use?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

I now run this, which was updated yesterday. Make damn sure that you don’t have some antivirus or windows defender running.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=44302

rgarriott
                                        Participant
                                          @rgarriott

Ok so that is the same one iv gone to.  There is 5 different links to choose from.

I have done the sambuild r4799 at the bottom of carnys post and i have also downloaded freezys1.7.1. both have been extracted and files overwrote in my vpinmame folder.

do i need to download any other one from here?

Maybe i just need to uninstall and reinstall

Idk very frustrating running into issues like this, thats why I havent even attemped trying popper, I can see a whole lot of this happening.  LOL

Anyway thanks a ton for helping me work through this.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

No. Updated pinmame and Freezy – correctly installed should give you what you’re after. Maybe you’ve put an old pinmame dll in a system folder or somewhere on your machine ? No clue to why it isn’t working for you at this point.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?