vpinmame and freezys issue

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Thalamus, I just learned the difference between 32 and 64 bit about 3 months ago,  about a year ago when I started messing with VP I had to teach myself how to turn a computer on!!! When I switched to 64 bit os I ran into that issue with pinballx and found out the hard way.  I will change freezys to 32 bit.  Does all that apply to other programs like Microsoft C++, stay away from 64 bit?

the only reason I brought it up was before I switched to  64 bit I could play babypac and sns, but that might have also been an older version of vpm,  vpx, freezys, who knows what else!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I would say. Use 64bit for everything – except VP related stuff. Keep all of the on 32bit for now. Microsoft C++ can compile 32bit code so that is not a problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Very weird shit… Yeah I can’t see why it would be VP
          Both versions of  VP Use the same vpm As far as I know

I posted something here
          https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=41291&page=3

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Excellent Outhere ! :good:

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

changed freezys to 32 bit and no difference.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

@armyaviation (Tom): Well, what can I say. There is something going on. @bruce (outhere) is a guy, form my experience, who knows what he is doing. If he sees these things I trust his findings. It just sounds like a bug. Does it come with a recent VPM ? Freezy ? Has it been there for a long time ? I guess time will tell. VP/VPM will always be like this. Things will break, and hopefully get fixed. It might very well at this moment being your post that started us noticing. When I have time, I’m going to try a few things myself. For now Tom, just ignore the problem and know that you’ve done right by putting back the 32bit version. That’s my advice.

freezy
                Participant
                  @freezy

Interesting, I didn’t know there were ROMs with two DMDs. I’ll see if DmdDevice.dll even gets this kind of info from VPM. Maybe @toxie or @lucky1 can comment on that?

Lucky1
                  Participant
                    @lucky1

Strikes and Spares has two 128×32 DMDs and pinmame sends them out alternating to the dmddevice.dll. You could check on the ROM name and show 2 DMDs with freezys for that table. BabyPac shown nothing usable in the integrated virtual DMD. There must be a problem in the pinmame code handling the DMD data.

freezy
                    Participant
                      @freezy

Strikes and Spares has two 128×32 DMDs and pinmame sends them out alternating to the dmddevice.dll

Okay, so you’re saying that if DMD1 sends frame A1, and then DMD2 sends frame B1, the next frame is A1 again even though A1 didn’t change? Basically odd frames for DMD1 and even frames for DMD2?

Lucky1
                      Participant
                        @lucky1

Should be like that. The check for frame changes fails because of the alternating frames which is actually a frame change.

Lucky1
                        Participant
                          @lucky1

Just looked at the specs of Baby Pacman on ipdb. It seems that it does not have a DMD. It has a monitor instead. From that point it is o.k. that the dmd is blank.

freezy
                          Participant
                            @freezy

Okay thanks, I’ll have a look.

outhere
                              @outhere

freezys

I’m assuming you read the whole Topic but just in case you didn’t is this something I’m doing wrong or is there an issue

Running Windows 10 64 bit
                              I am using 32 bit for all
                              I’m having the same issue or something very similar

VP-9 works fine
                              If I use alternate settings (Position/size) with (freezy) it will not work with VP-10
                              I have tried the 4 different Dll files, they all do the same thing
                              If I remove the alternate settings then it works but then it’s not on the screen where I want it

;Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
                              [tmnt_104]
                              virtualdmd left = 2455
                              virtualdmd top = 673
                              virtualdmd width = 720
                              virtualdmd height = 62

The log is the same for Either VP, except for the fact that it says which VP is running

freezy
                              Participant
                                @freezy

@outhere Yeah I read through it but obviously not carefully enough, because I thought it was resolved.

I’m still not sure to understand however :)

Can you describe (with the config you posted):

• What happens exactly
                                • What’s supposed to happen
                                • A log would great

Thanks!

PS: If you have a GitHub account (or want to create one), bug reports are treated much more reliably there!

outhere
                                  @outhere

I put a post on the GitHub

As for Strikes and Spares
                                  Would it be possible to produce both DMD’s Separately As an option for people with more displays

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I always thought it would be cool to keep my Visha plasma I love it and use a pin2dmd as a “topper” I’d love that option ??

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Freezy, the issue I was having was the fact that I cannot use the external dll for strikes n spares and baby Pacman.  When I found out it wasn’t possible,  I tried to deselect use external dll and use the regular dmd but when I do I get a vbscript error. If I hit F1 it restarts the rom and it works.  If I launch the vp9 version of strikes n spares with the same rom it works.  Do you have a clue about what would cause this.

Outhere, I don’t know if your issue is the exact same or it’s just a movement issue

outhere
                                        @outhere

Tom

No I am not having the same issue you are….
                                        If you start the game with the external not selected and the regular one select what happeneds
                                        Go into VPinMame folder run setup, run test find the rom Select game options And set it for Standard DMD

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

I did and the roms test fine.  The tests fine with external dll and it tests with regular.  If I launch snspares rom with vp9 table it works fine. If I launch snspares with vpx and normal setting ( no external dll) i get vbscript error, rom failed… cant remember exact because I’m not home but it’s the same if you don’t have the rom.  If I press F3 with the vbscript error the rom starts but always on screen 1.  If I launch standard dmd on vp9 version it launches fine and where I placed it. I cannot change any vpx rom to use standard dmd( no external dll) I don’t know if it’s a registry setting for vpx or the fact that external dll is default…

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

If you are in doubt of registry being a culprit. There are easy ways to test that. Look at this wiki https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

What do you think would happen if you. Renamed in this case fh_905h to fh950h_ ? You would start up with a clean rom. Oh and, always when you start with a clean rom, do it twice. Often odd things happen when the rom doesn’t find any previous settings. If that didn’t fix anything. Just exit. Delete the newly generated fh_905h and rename the old back. Well, probably pointless for this case to rename back – as the old setup doesn’t work. But, it just shows you some alternative ways to do things. The same goes for the files in nvram folder. But, there it is of course only rename to a filename that is required.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?