VPX 10.6 works initially, then starts to crash

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ratt85
    Participant
      @ratt85

Hoping  I can get pointed in the right direction with my problem. I downloaded VPX 10.6 full set up and it runs fine for a bit, then it will stop working properly. If I uninstall it and re-install it will work fine again but then will start to crash after a bit. I thought maybe it was my GPU ( MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X) but I stress tested it and it passes, I ordered a new GPU( ASUS GTX 1660 TUF Super OC 6GB)  which will be arriving shortly to see if that is the cause. I am also having issues with the computer freezing at start up or during game play or crashing and re-starting. I am running Windows 10, could Windows be the issue or the GPU driver? My computer is a Dell 9020 i5-4590 3.3 ghz with 8GB of Ram and my PSU is a new EVGA 850watt BQ. I made a few changes in BIOS, turned off C state which seemed to help with my GPU because at one point it would freeze during stress tests and show snow on the screen or the screen would go dark blue. That is why I thought it was my GPU and ordered the new one but after a few BIOS changes I haven’t had those problems and my GPU passes the stress tests I have put it through without crashing. I put new thermal paste in my GPU and blew it out to clean it. I also turned off fast start in Windows to see if that solved the freezing at start up but that didn’t help and I did turn off V sync for the GPU.  If my current GPU is not the problem, am I better to stick with it or use the ASUS GTX 1660 I bought, my playfield table is a 4K LG 43 inch. Comparing the GPU’s , the MSI seems a bit better than the ASUS but the ASUS is new. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?