VPX – everything starts up but video doesn’t pop to the front?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Johnny T
    Participant
      @johnnyt

Hi all,

I’ve got PinUP Player working great in Future Pinball. But, in VPX it all starts fine but the video for every game I’ve tried remains in the background (the border etc is at the front) see photo.

vpx problem1

I’m struggling to find the issue. I’ve scoured the troubleshooting guide but I couldn’t see any issues? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can offer :-)

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hi all,

I’ve got PinUP Player working great in Future Pinball. But, in VPX it all starts fine but the video for every game I’ve tried remains in the background (the border etc is at the front) see photo.

vpx problem1

I’m struggling to find the issue. I’ve scoured the troubleshooting guide but I couldn’t see any issues? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can offer :-)

This is a Windows limitation. PuP wasn’t designed to display multiple layers on top of another app’s window, but instead on another dedicated display.

That said, you can try PuP-Packs on Top as a workaround to see if it will work.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pup-packs-on-top-use-pup-packs-on-a-single-screen-desktop-view-fp-vpx-fx3-etc/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Johnny T
        Participant
          @johnnyt

Thank you Terry. I’ll have a look into that tomorrow. I *think* I’ve got everything as per the instructions but I will double-triple-check just to make sure!

I’ve got two screens on my arcade cab and that’s how I managed (with your help) to get Pup Packs working on Future Pinball. My video files stream to my second display and then appear in the correct place on my main display.

I take it that VPX won’t do that then?

Thanks (as always) for all your help, if you ever find yourself in Fife in Scotland that I owe you several drinks of your choice :-)

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Thank you Terry. I’ll have a look into that tomorrow. I *think* I’ve got everything as per the instructions but I will double-triple-check just to make sure!

I’ve got two screens on my arcade cab and that’s how I managed (with your help) to get Pup Packs working on Future Pinball. My video files stream to my second display and then appear in the correct place on my main display.

I take it that VPX won’t do that then?

Thanks (as always) for all your help, if you ever find yourself in Fife in Scotland that I owe you several drinks of your choice :-)

No, VPX isn’t capable of streaming a PuP-Pack (or any window) into the VPX table like FP-BAM can. VPVR can…but that’s a different thing altogether..and it’s not quite as seamless and uses more CPU…and the tables will need to be updated to do so.

I’ve just decided to take advantage of DJRobX and ravarcade’s excellent pup plug-in for BAM and make it a standard option for my FP PinEvent table updates.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Johnny T
            Participant
              @johnnyt

Thanks Terry. Yep, PinEvent seems the way to go as those tables play flawlessly with everything working great.

Looking forward to more tables getting converted to PinEvent tables.

Thanks again for the info :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?