VPX Nudging help

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Umpa
    Participant
      @umpa

I have a post on another forum but wanted to see if anyone has and suggestion here. http://vpforums.org/index.php?/topic/36922-Nudging-VPX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’m sure if you post your question here, someone can help.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Rosman
        Participant
          @bradr

nudging works with phymod5 ,but I can’t seem to get to work on vp 10 tables except one time on medieval madness tower version. It worked great just the one time then tried other table and hasn’t worked since. Using virtual pin plunger and control board also and used all-in-one installer  10.2.    I can’t seem to remember what  I did. So any settings/ suggestions would help.

brad

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

The virtual pin plunger you are using is it v1, v2 or v3? All are not great but should work with vp10. It’s possible it needs reset of USB power so try unplugging USB and replugging it in. Common issue with virtua plunger sad to say

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Daryl
            Participant
              @allknowing2012

VPX requires you to bump up those values in the preferences..  Grab the nudge table — I think I put it out there on vpf to prove to yourself that it is indeed working.

Note that in VPX the “model” was changed such that nudge doesnt do much unless it is against something. Ie if you nudge the table while the ball is simply rolling you wont get much movementt but if you nudge when it hits a rubber you get more of a reaction. This is different then the experience in vp9 & physmod.

Many threads and arguments about this one..

(but do make sure that your preferences are correct though)

Rosman
              Participant
                @bradr

Is v2.  It is strange that it worked good the one time w m madness. I did do resets with USB and it has reset button on board. Plunger itself does work consistently .What setup works better? I won’t mind doing an upgrade .Also I did not mess with any values because it work well the few games with madness.physmod are fine also.Hoping it would just start working again.I will download nudge table again to experiment.

Thanks again

Dr.Tom
                Participant
                  @crile1
                  MemberContributor

I’ve read about every post on the topic, spent hours testing and adjusting and have never been able to get a setting where nudge worked without the problem of my solenoids and shaker moving the ball all over the place.  That said, most posts that I remember claiming success use the attack from Mars table as a standard.  You should be able to get the saucers to move by nudging once the game loads.  I can get nudge to work decently.  But I’ve never been able to use the flippers without nudging the ball.  I test this by trapping the ball with one flipper, then engaging the next.  It’s a shame, because that is the one thing that actually hurts vp10.  I never download an old 60’s or 70’s EM game on vp10.  These tables HAVE to have nudging to play well.  So I keep the VP9 ones loaded on my cabinet instead.  For more modern games, I sacrifice the nudge for the better models and resolution.  That’s my take on a very difficult subject. Oh, and I use Zebs.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

This is why I wanted a 3rd button for nudging by my flipper buttons. It may not look “normal”, but then again, neither does the rest of my cabinet.

Digital nudge from a button works instantly every time, and I don’t have to deal with the other the issues. Future Pinball’s analogue nudge also isn’t a proper nudge, whereas its digital nudge works really well.

Patrick Delage
                    Participant
                      @patrickfx

Hello guys, I also have similar problem.  I have Virtuapin v2 and was working perfectly in vp9 world.  Sine I install and play most of the time on vpx, the nudge doesn’t work at all.  I’m on the beginging of investigation.   I look the controller setup and everything work fine, very sensitive.

Pinaball, arcade and retro gaming

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

VPx is different and nudge settings will be different then vp9. what is your deadzone on vp9 vs vp10? gain? you need to adjust vpx for sure and not just use vp9 setting

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Patrick Delage
                        Participant
                          @patrickfx

OK, I don’t want to hijack this thread but if it help !  For me in particular, the nudging doesn’t work at all with all vpx table.  Even with the AFM which seem to be a good table for testing.  I change the x and y to something around 1000 and deadzone to 5.  When I move cab, I see my accelerometer virtuapin controller light up and detect movement but the ball do nothing.  When I press key which I define for left and right nudging, the ball move.

So, maybe my problem is worst then umpa, mine nothing work.  But in vp9, everything work!

Pinaball, arcade and retro gaming

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Sounds like Paul needs to address the issue? I use a zeb plunger kit and nudge works fine. I do have a v2 plunger I could try if I can find it to test

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                            Participant
                              @jesperpark

Just for extra data, I use Zeb’s plunger and use the settings which might even be default

Xmax 100 XGain 150%

YMax 100 y gain 150%

Deadzone = 5%

Checked mark in box =  Enable Analog Nudge which i know for Zebs is important

Tilt sensitivity = 800 but i can never make mine tilt

For attack from mars (Groni’s version) I can easily shake the ship, also when i  cradle a ball on the flipper can make it move with nudge.  However hitting my other flipper when cradling will not move the ball.

My nudge module is on the bottom of my cab about 12″ from the very front.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

I’ve read about every post on the topic, spent hours testing and adjusting and have never been able to get a setting where nudge worked without the problem of my solenoids and shaker moving the ball all over the place. That said, most posts that I remember claiming success use the attack from Mars table as a standard. You should be able to get the saucers to move by nudging once the game loads. I can get nudge to work decently. But I’ve never been able to use the flippers without nudging the ball. I test this by trapping the ball with one flipper, then engaging the next. It’s a shame, because that is the one thing that actually hurts vp10. I never download an old 60’s or 70’s EM game on vp10. These tables HAVE to have nudging to play well. So I keep the VP9 ones loaded on my cabinet instead. For more modern games, I sacrifice the nudge for the better models and resolution. That’s my take on a very difficult subject. Oh, and I use Zebs.

I don’t have my DOF install finished yet (just finished most of the wiring last night), but I’m curious as to where your solenoids are in relation to your nudge sensor?  I’m also curious if on real machines with shakers how much does the shaker effect the ball?  I would think at least that the shaker should have some effect on the ball since it’s shaking the entire cab. The DOF solenoids I think may need to be isolated seismically more from the nudge sensor, the nudge sensor has to feel the cab move to work.  I don’t notice that I actually feel coils firing (flippers, bumpers, slings etc) when playing a real machine as much as the sound effect is more/different that a sound sample from a speaker.  The real coil mechs are mounted on a playfield essentially floating in the cab (not hard attached) which isolates the vibrations from the cab itself.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Shaker will make the nudge go nuts! so you need to increase deadzone to a point that makes nudge impossible to tilt but still works as nudge for most part. Even my sub will trigger nudge if i have sound turned up to much. Honestly the best nudging i ever had was 3 tilt bobs installed on my first cab for 3 directions and worked perfectly! i think even 3 mercury switches would better then what we all seem to be using now

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

But how about the shaker on a real machine? Does it move the ball?

I think it’s an inherent problem with having a motion sensor and items that cause motion, as far as the differences in vp9 vs vp10, :unsure:  I think keyboard nudging (or 3 tilts or 3 mercury switches) is far from perfect as well, has no touch, either it’s on or it’s off, no hard nudge vs soft nudge.  Personally I’d rather have better nudging than a shaker in my vp cab.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Mean to have read somewhere that nudge isn’t supposed to be very active as long as the ball isn’t touching any object. Guess, it definitely is, if the shaker goes off.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

on real pins i own with shaker it does not effect ball at all. At least not that i can detect

for IOS and Android

Knorr
                                        Participant
                                          @knorr
                                          vipContributor

I don’t know if this is still up to date but I just want to mention that always after a change of the nudge settings the table must be (closed) and reopened in VP. Otherwise the changes won’t take effect.

Jesperpark
                                          Participant
                                            @jesperpark

When using Zebs board you can adjust the intensity of the shaker motor.  When turned all the way up the shaker will affect the ball via nudge.  However if you dial the shaker back, the shaker no longer affects nudge but you still feel the shaker.  Very much a fine line for perfect balance

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?