vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    b4sti
    Participant
      @b4sti

OK, got further, but why would you store the tables in the VPX script? Don’t you think it would be better to use PinballX style xml files? Do you want me to modify the script to do that? I might make my DBMS output your format, not sure which will be quicker :)

Thanks

The vpx-file is in the same directory because it’s not a pinball table and should never be listed as it. It’s part of vpx-vrlauncher and should remain next to to exe.

I think you misunderstood the included table-array. It’s not the list of your tables. It’s the list of all released tables till now and 2D->3d in the future. It helps with the recognition of your table-directory.

You only need to change the list, if you want to add images for tables. Because vpx is not able to load external images you have to import them in the image-editor. Since you have to change the table anyway, an external table-list makes no sense. Thanks anyway for your offer to help.

forbeatn
      Participant
        @forbeatn

thank you so much for this.

tig3rmast3r
        Participant
          @tig3rmast3r

i’m getting worse performance with Rob’s build, dunno if it’s today’s release or also previous ones, i get more fps with original 10.6 vpinball_GL from July 2019 (example, cactus canyon vr room i get 90 with drops down to 80 fps, with Rob’s build i get spikes down to 70fps), so i can’t use the latest launcher with original 10.6 ? do i have to stick with 1.5?

b4sti
          Participant
            @b4sti

i’m getting worse performance with Rob’s build, dunno if it’s today’s release or also previous ones, i get more fps with original 10.6 vpinball_GL from July 2019 (example, cactus canyon vr room i get 90 with drops down to 80 fps, with Rob’s build i get spikes down to 70fps), so i can’t use the latest launcher with original 10.6 ? do i have to stick with 1.5?

Only 1.6 needs Robs version.
            You can use 1.0 -> 1.5 and 1.7 -> 1.11 with any pinball_GL.exe.

You should use a 10.6 build. The newest releases of Rob’s masa version is linked now. The new NFAA mode from Ronnie Viklund
            is a real performance booster!

forbeatn
            Participant
              @forbeatn

You should use a 10.6 build. The newest releases of Rob’s masa version is linked now. The new NFAA mode from Ronnie Viklund

please dont recommend the new msaa version. until now, the performance is worse than VPVR versions without msaa.

with msaa version ( with new one you linked too) about 55 FPS

version without msaa = 90 fps

I already noticed the author in vpforums and had shown him comparison screenshots with FPSVR.

b4sti
              Participant
                @b4sti

please dont recommend the new msaa version. until now, the performance is worse than VPVR versions without msaa.

with msaa version ( with new one you linked too) about 55 FPS

version without msaa = 90 fps

I already noticed the author in vpforums and had shown him comparison screenshots with FPSVR.

The link is dynamically and links to their current version.

Unclewilly
                Participant
                  @unclewilly

Hey.  Does this have the xarcadehotkeys built into it or do i need to run that for esc and the magnasave buttons

b4sti
                  Participant
                    @b4sti

Hey. Does this have the xarcadehotkeys built into it or do i need to run that for esc and the magnasave buttons

The middleMouse->ESC mapping is included.

All other keys are configurable via VPX-settings.

forbeatn
                    Participant
                      @forbeatn

thx 4 new V2 version

RYSr (Rich)
                      Participant
                        @rysr

@B4Sti I just loaded the new v2.0 and I get all white screens in the room, then when I hit any Cab button I get a error line903 subscript out of range. If I change back to the v1.12 it works fine. Any ideas whats happening. I also upgraded to today’s release of VPVR_GL.

b4sti
                        Participant
                          @b4sti

@B4Sti I just loaded the new v2.0 and I get all white screens in the room, then when I hit any Cab button I get a error line903 subscript out of range. If I change back to the v1.12 it works fine. Any ideas whats happening. I also upgraded to today’s release of VPVR_GL.

Sorry, that’s my fault. I forgot to clear my settings before release. filefilter=”” is the right setting for you, if you don’t want to filter. Will be corrected in 2.01.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Slydog43
                          Participant
                            @slydog43

Started playing around with this again and love the new look, much nicer I think.  I can’t seem to get it to launch any table though.  I always get an error saying can’t load table xyz.vpx.   xyz seems ok though.  I started briefly looking through the code and was wondering if it would be possible to force table names somehow.  I think its your file matching stuff that doesn’t work with my long table names, but not sure.  Or maybe a way to find out more about the error loading table dialog box? Thanks

b4sti
                            Participant
                              @b4sti

Started playing around with this again and love the new look, much nicer I think. I can’t seem to get it to launch any table though. I always get an error saying can’t load table xyz.vpx. xyz seems ok though. I started briefly looking through the code and was wondering if it would be possible to force table names somehow. I think its your file matching stuff that doesn’t work with my long table names, but not sure. Or maybe a way to find out more about the error loading table dialog box? Thanks

If you want filenames, go with version 1.4.

Ben Logan2
                              Participant
                                @benlogan2

Hey B4sti. Finally got around to loading this up today. Super cool interface!

I have the same problem as Slydog. Tables refuse to launch and simply crash VPX. To use your most recent version, do I need to go through my tables folder and change each filename to match the names in your script?

In the meantime, thanks for your recommendation to try version 1.4

Totally appreciate your work!

b4sti
                                Participant
                                  @b4sti

Hey B4sti. Finally got around to loading this up today. Super cool interface!

I have the same problem as Slydog. Tables refuse to launch and simply crash VPX. To use your most recent version, do I need to go through my tables folder and change each filename to match the names in your script?

In the meantime, thanks for your recommendation to try version 1.4

Totally appreciate your work!

Crashing the loading-process sound like your table-path is not correct.

b4sti
                                  Participant
                                    @b4sti

You need to understand the logic of table-matching:

1. You set up the table path e.g. “C:\vp\vr-tables\”
                                    2. If you start my exe, my loaded menu will check for all *.vpx files inside the table path.
                                    3. In next step each table of the table array of all existing tables will be checked against parts of your filenames.
                                      e.g. “The Shadow” will check against existens of “the” and “shadow” in the filename.
                                    4. If there is a file “xxxxx The Shadow – (xxxxxx) xx xxxxx.vpx” this will be a match for this table and this table will be shown selectable.
                                    5. That’s it.

Have fun!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Thanks for the update!!!

Rajo Joey
                                      Participant
                                        @joey2001

And again thanks for the v2.3. :good: :yahoo:

Tetsuo1138
                                        Participant
                                          @tetsuo1138

Im border line slow obviously since I cant seem to figure this out! Cant find the file: vpinballx_gl.exe? Installed 2.4a into my vis pinball table, confused as to where to go from here or what else to get! Appreciate the help

b4sti
                                          Participant
                                            @b4sti

Im border line slow obviously since I cant seem to figure this out! Cant find the file: vpinballx_gl.exe? Installed 2.4a into my vis pinball table, confused as to where to go from here or what else to get! Appreciate the help

If you have played vpx in VR, you have installed vpvr. If you have installed vpvr (10.6), you will have a file named vpinballx_gl.exe in your visual pinball folder.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?