vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Rajo Joey
    Participant
      @joey2001

Thanks for the update. :good:

coreduo0099
      Participant
        @coreduo0099

Nevermind post if you got emailed…found issue..

RYSr (Rich)
        Participant
          @rysr

@B4sti

I just turned on my CAB to play some VPX VR and Windows 10 defender flagged the version 2.5 VPX-VRlauncher.exe as a trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B rated severe and removes the file.

Must be do to a Defender security update It’s been installed since you first released it and it never flagged it before.

Do you think it’s seeing your auto update code and mistaking it for a trojan?

If I use your latest 2.9 release will that stop the auto updating?

DuMichAuch
          Participant
            @dumichauch

I’ve uploaded the Launcher to VirusTotal, and got this:

Screenshot 2020-09-13 120832

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@b4sti I have removed the upload until you can take a look and fix upload.

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue

i’m sure @b4sti will get it straightened out quickly.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

b4sti
              Participant
                @b4sti

Don’t change anything significant.

VB-Script is inside the vpx-table – that’s true.
                Don’t know, what happend.

Can you please check some of the older releases, if it’s the same there?

Perhaps the autoupdate is now a problem for anitivirus.
                It patches VB-Script code inside the vpx.

Update:
                It looks like the exe (compiled autohotkey script) is now flagged by these tools.
                I checked it with any of my AHK-scripts – all flagged.
                Even without autoupdate!
                To solve this, i need to recode the projects exe with another development tool.

Sorry, i’m far away from doing this.

b4sti
                Participant
                  @b4sti

@B4sti

I just turned on my CAB to play some VPX VR and Windows 10 defender flagged the version 2.5 VPX-VRlauncher.exe as a trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B rated severe and removes the file.

Must be do to a Defender security update It’s been installed since you first released it and it never flagged it before.

Do you think it’s seeing your auto update code and mistaking it for a trojan?

If I use your latest 2.9 release will that stop the auto updating?

No, 2.9 is still with autoupdate.

RYSr (Rich)
                  Participant
                    @rysr
                    Since you checked and know the flagging is because of your code and not a Trojan, I went to windows 10 security/ Virus and Threat protection/protection history and was able to select the flagged file and told it to allow it, and it restored the file. It mentioned that the file allowed and attacker to modify my system.
                    Anyway I had to recreate my desktop shortcut link, ran it and I’m now updated to version 2.9.
                    Rich

Don’t change anything significant.

VB-Script is inside the vpx-table – that’s true.

Don’t know, what happend.

Can you please check some of the older releases, if it’s the same there?

Perhaps the autoupdate is now a problem for anitivirus.

It patches VB-Script code inside the vpx.

Update:

It looks like the exe (compiled autohotkey script) is now flagged by these tools.

I checked it with any of my AHK-scripts – all flagged.

Even without autoupdate!

To solve this, i need to recode the projects exe with another development tool.

Sorry, i’m far away from doing this.

RYSr (Rich)
                    Participant
                      @rysr

@b4sti

I like the addition of the full file name below the active table to differentiate duplicates in v2.9.

Since the AHK-scripts seem to trigger the antivirus flagging, and since your providing updates of the VPX file anyway. Why not just release a version of the VPX-VRLauncher that doesn’t auto update and we can just update the VPX file when released? I’m assuming that the AHK-scripts are only used for the auto update functionality. This would provide the time necessary if you were to need to re-code the projects exe with another development tool.

I really enjoy your front end for VR and can’t thank you enough for your time and expertise! :good: :heart:

Rich

b4sti
                      Participant
                        @b4sti

@b4sti

I like the addition of the full file name below the active table to differentiate duplicates in v2.9.

Since the AHK-scripts seem to trigger the antivirus flagging, and since your providing updates of the VPX file anyway. Why not just release a version of the VPX-VRLauncher that doesn’t auto update and we can just update the VPX file when released? I’m assuming that the AHK-scripts are only used for the auto update functionality. This would provide the time necessary if you were to need to re-code the projects exe with another development tool.

I really enjoy your front end for VR and can’t thank you enough for your time and expertise! :good: :heart:

Rich

If it’s only for autoupdate you’re right. But the exe makes more: It launches the tables and launches the menutable, it is important for vrlauncher to work. It does the stuff that is missing in the original vpx-exe.

If you get nervous because the anti-virus program sounds an alarm, you should delete my launcher. As mentioned before all older releases make the same alarm. So not the code is different, the antivirus-tool is acting different. Because i have a working system with my vrlaucher – under no circumstance i will code this tool in another coding-language to prevent this alarming. I hope you understand me.

If you are still interested in the vr-launcher, you can pm me or meet me at vr pinball facebook.

b4sti
                        Participant
                          @b4sti

This is the new home of vr-launcher:

http://rb.gy/jhzdwf

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          psiomicron
                          Participant
                            @psiomicron

When downloading this (vpx-vrlauncher_2.9.zip), this file has viruses:

Backdoor.DarkKomet.jfx
                            Win32/Zpevdo.B
                            BScope.Trojan.Banpak

Scanned this on a few virus scanners and they all show this. This file came from your link http://rb.gy/jhzdwf, that then redirects to “wasguckstdu.mooo.com”. Please verify! I would really like to install this.

b4sti
                            Participant
                              @b4sti

When downloading this (vpx-vrlauncher_2.9.zip), this file has viruses:

Backdoor.DarkKomet.jfx

Win32/Zpevdo.B

BScope.Trojan.Banpak

Scanned this on a few virus scanners and they all show this. This file came from your link http://rb.gy/jhzdwf, that then redirects to “wasguckstdu.mooo.com”. Please verify! I would really like to install this.

Please read previous posts.

epatic
                              Participant
                                @epatix

Hi,

I’m very interrested but when I start your app version my main screen (pinball table) turn to black without any info, the flipper buttons are playing a sound but that’ all.

Can you help me getting this working.

Thx

JP

RYSr (Rich)
                                Participant
                                  @rysr

Try pressing the Zero Key on the numeric section of your keyboard, this will position the playfield in front of you.

japdos
                                  Participant
                                    @japdos

I can’t use launch vpx-launcher anymore. Maybe last update?

When I press left/right flipper to change table within launcher, this error is shown:

Line 1663

subindex out of range  number -15

Any idea? I’ve reinstalled vpx-vrlauncher withour sucess.

b4sti
                                    Participant
                                      @b4sti

I can’t use launch vpx-launcher anymore. Maybe last update?
                                      When I press left/right flipper to change table within launcher, this error is shown:
                                      Line 1663
                                      subindex out of range number -15
                                      Any idea? I’ve reinstalled vpx-vrlauncher withour sucess.

If you download zip and turn off autoupdate – you can check, if it’s the latest update.
                                      But i don’t think so. You should take a look at your pinball-table folder and it’s setup.
                                      Perhaps the path is not ok or there is a problem within the folder.

japdos
                                      Participant
                                        @japdos

Solved.

It seems a path with a “|” caracter or a blank space at the end of its name caused that issue.

Pointing the path to a tables folder without that character works ok again.

Thanks.

nanuk
                                        Participant
                                          @nanuk

hi great app tested around 15 table but 2 of them dont show in the launcher is there a way to manualy put them… and is there a way to add art for the cabinet that do not have art in the menu thank you

Nanuk

scampa123
                                          Participant
                                            @scampa123

Has anyone added this to Popper?  I was thinking it would be neat to launch from the frontend into this VR frontend.

If yes, could you explain how you did it?  Did you setup as another emulator itself?  Do you point to the vpx?

Is the virus stuff sorted out at this point?

Thank you!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?