vpx VR-Launcher

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    b4sti
    Participant
      @b4sti

hi great app tested around 15 table but 2 of them dont show in the launcher is there a way to manualy put them… and is there a way to add art for the cabinet that do not have art in the menu thank you

Nanuk

In the Script part of the vpx-vrlauncher.vpx is a table-array. Perhaps the filenames of the 2 missing tables are not matching.
      If you like the autoupdate feature, you should change filenames – not the table array. Otherwise you can completely customize the vpx-vrlauncher.vpx.
      How to create images is described at the download-page. There is a template-download for better placing the image-parts.

scampa123
      Participant
        @scampa123

Could someone help me with the menu keys?

I got it working with the following:

LeftFlipperKey,RightFlipperKey,StartGameKey,6,PlungerKey

I cannot get the table to exit with my normal exit button on my cabinet.  I do not see exit table as an option in the keys.  Is there something else I need to do?

any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by scampa123.
        b4sti
        Participant
          @b4sti

Could someone help me with the menu keys?

I got it working with the following:

LeftFlipperKey,RightFlipperKey,StartGameKey,6,PlungerKey

I cannot get the table to exit with my normal exit button on my cabinet. I do not see exit table as an option in the keys. Is there something else I need to do?

any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

Exit-Key is defined at your vpx-configuration. It has nothing to do with launcher.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by b4sti.
          scampa123
          Participant
            @scampa123

I got it working…I made a shift key for my cabinet to send the Exit key…This avoids my standard cabinet exit button which Popper uses…So now when in VR on my cabinet I can exit the table back to VR Launcher.

Thanks again, this launcher is really neat.  What a great way to see the tables before playing in VR!

RYSr (Rich)
            Participant
              @rysr

@B4Sti

Could you add checkbox that would have the launcher import/read in all the tables in the default directory, and code it to just use the built-in game list to match artwork? This way all tables are displayed without having to compare the game list to the directory manually. It would simplify things for non technical user and display all tables in the launcher without manual intervention. And auto updates should still work? Possible?

Thanks

Rich

b4sti
              Participant
                @b4sti
                Hi Rich,
                you can achive this already by adding a (e.g.) „Ready_“ or „_hot_“ in the filename of finished tables. This phrase should go to the filter.

RYSr (Rich)
                Participant
                  @rysr
                  Hi Rich,
                  you can achieve this already by adding a (e.g.) „Ready_“ or „_hot_“ in the filename of finished tables. This phrase should go to the filter.

Thanks  @b4sti for the suggestion, not quite what I had in mind, this would require editing every table in the default directory with a common word to filter on. I was hoping to have a way that launcher would just read in all tables in the default directory without being dependent on table file name matching. then afterwards have it only use the file match for adding the artwork!

Rich

eustonr
                  Participant
                    @eustonr

Hi,

Is there a place I can download earlier versions? I have version 2.1, and it works ok. Although it seems to only make available tables it knows about. It ignores/doesnt show tables I know work in VR (eg, Centigrade 37) . That might be a version issue though.

I tried downloading the latest – version 3.0 – and my virus scanner says its infected with Heur.AdvML.B . I understand from this thread people have had similar issues with v2.9.

I’m not prepared to take the risk and let it run – so is there a place I can try earlier versions, that hopefully wont trigger my antivirus?

thanks.

Darquayle
                    Participant
                      @darquayle

Great update and the method to create filters is very nice.  Now I have my “Top 20” machines as one of my categories.

I am having a problem exiting from my launched tables and hope I’m just missing a configuration step.  I use the “q” key to exit from the player but for some reason that is not being passed thru when the launcher app is running.  So, I can’t return to the menu or exit from the game.  If I close the launcher the q key gets passed thru to the player and it closes.

Any ideas?

b4sti
                      Participant
                        @b4sti

Hi,

Is there a place I can download earlier versions? I have version 2.1, and it works ok. Although it seems to only make available tables it knows about. It ignores/doesnt show tables I know work in VR (eg, Centigrade 37) . That might be a version issue though.

I tried downloading the latest – version 3.0 – and my virus scanner says its infected with Heur.AdvML.B . I understand from this thread people have had similar issues with v2.9.

I’m not prepared to take the risk and let it run – so is there a place I can try earlier versions, that hopefully wont trigger my antivirus?

thanks.

No, older versions won’t help you. I’ve been using autohotkey to compile the launcher.exe file since the first version. Compiled Autohotkey files have been displayed as a virus for 3-4 months. That’s the problem. I can understand your skepticism. Perhaps I build a version without autoupdate feature. You can check, if you have the same problems without autoupdate.

Centigrade 37 is added to the tablearray.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by b4sti.
                        b4sti
                        Participant
                          @b4sti

Great update and the method to create filters is very nice. Now I have my “Top 20” machines as one of my categories.

I am having a problem exiting from my launched tables and hope I’m just missing a configuration step. I use the “q” key to exit from the player but for some reason that is not being passed thru when the launcher app is running. So, I can’t return to the menu or exit from the game. If I close the launcher the q key gets passed thru to the player and it closes.

Any ideas?

I checked the q key. no problems. the only event the launcher is in is the middle mouse button. the launcher makes the middle mouse button to ESC. (TankStick’s red light button) You should use “hold player on top”.

b4sti
                          Participant
                            @b4sti

Now, there is an alternative downloadlink of a version without autoupdate. You can try this, if you have problems with virus flagging.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                            eustonr
                            Participant
                              @eustonr

Thank you – that solved the issue. :) My antivirus is happy, and so am I.. :good:

But so you are aware, I was running 2.1 without my virus scanner alerting. So its not complied AHK code. Its something since that version that’s doing it. Maybe its a different version of AHK? Just an idea..

If you take requests, I have one  … Bit cheeky of me I know…

The file filter is great, but its a bit clunky. I think a really great feature would be a favourites list.. You know, hit some key, and that highlighted table is added to a favourite list, which would then work as a filter in the filter list. Or something similar..

At the moment if I wanted such a thing I’d have to rename the tables I play a lot, and then setup a filter to show just those. That would do it, but something built in to do that would be great…. :yahoo:

thanks again.

eustonr
                              Participant
                                @eustonr

One more thing, sorry –

In 3.02 you have a typo in the array – no biggie, you’ve got

Array(“Centaur”, “Bally 1981”, “centigrade”, “”, “centaur”),_
                                Array(“Centigrade 37”, “Gottlieb 1977”, “”, “”, “”),_

I think centigrade is on the wrong line – I’ve changed it my end to :

Array(“Centaur”, “Bally 1981”, “”, “”, “centaur”),_
                                Array(“Centigrade 37”, “Gottlieb 1977”, “”, “”, “centigrade”),_

eustonr
                                Participant
                                  @eustonr

Sorry, one last thing –

I realised what the “centigrade” was for – its an artwork tag. Doh. There was no artwork for Centigrade 37 – so I made one, and added it myself into the vpx ;-)

I dont use facebook (its evil) , so my artwork is here, it you want to include it into a proper release… :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gmy28oq8ixz6c2/centigrade.jpg

thanks again!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  eustonr
                                  Participant
                                    @eustonr

Hi – I have a Bug report for you

The program will crash if you have a recognized table that doesnt start with an alphabetical character.

Crash info is “Line 1903 Subscript out of range (number -15)”

I had a look, and its crashing when it tries to load my 250cc table

The code at line 1903 says this :

If (alphabets1(Asc(alpha)-65).visible = 0)

since “2” is ascii 50, 50-65 is -15,  it crashes. as you cant have a negative as an array subscript.

The table is “250cc (Inder 1992).vpx”

which is in the array here :

Array(“250cc”, “Inder 1992”, “”, “”, “”),

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by eustonr.
                                    b4sti
                                    Participant
                                      @b4sti

@eustonr

it’s fixed in 3.04. pls check this.

eustonr
                                      Participant
                                        @eustonr

Yes its fixed – thanks

Gramps
                                        Participant
                                          @gramps

I haven’t had the pleasure of using the VR Launcher yet.  Have everything I need, I think, just a matter of time but until I do, I have a question.  Every time I see the launcher screen, I want it for my other front ends —- Popper or PinballX.  Is it possible to do that?  Thanks.

b4sti
                                          Participant
                                            @b4sti

I haven’t had the pleasure of using the VR Launcher yet. Have everything I need, I think, just a matter of time but until I do, I have a question. Every time I see the launcher screen, I want it for my other front ends —- Popper or PinballX. Is it possible to do that? Thanks.

Non-vr users have their front ends.

The vr-launcher is a front-end for vr.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?