VR Room Black Knight (Williams 1980)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    pgheyd
    Participant
      @pgheyd

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-black-knight-williams-1980/

Added the VR conversions to this table that was done by Bord (Thanks for the permission to mod!)  I also appreciate all the work all the authors do that go into creating the table.  This table includes the great backglass that was done by Blacksad.  Primatives and templates were done by so many authors including Sixtoe and many others.  My contribution is only getting the table to look and play well in the VR environment.

I love the Black Knight tables, and since BK2k was already done in VR, I thought I’d get the original one done as well.

I did quite a few VR mods to get it to look good (all documented in the script). Sixtoe provided a once over and did a couple additional material and other minor tweaks.

Once again, I changed the typical minimal room slightly to have a wood floor, and a slightly different wall… which gives an appearance of lighting from the pinball machine casting on the wall.  You can change back to the original walls and floor in the options section of the script.

If you get 3 credits each time you add a coin, I put instructions in the script on how to modify your ROM to only add one coin.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  And thanks again to Bord, Sixtoe, Blacksad, and so many others!

Blacksad
      Participant
        @blacksad

Hello,
        It’s nice the Backglass used in your creation… A small quote from its author would have been appreciated or at least a “like” or a “thank you” on the B2S download page… :whistle:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Blacksad.
        4 users thanked author for this post.
        pgheyd
        Participant
          @pgheyd

Sorry, Blacksad.  I had no intention to not show appreciation for your work on the backglass.  I used the graphic as it was the best one I’ve seen… it’s incredible, and looks amazing in VR!

1 user thanked author for this post.
          pgheyd
          Participant
            @pgheyd

Blacksad, I have updated the description to give you credit for the backglass.  By the way, I am only using the image you created, not the entire b2s.  It is by no way packaged in the download.  If a user wants to use your backglass, they’d have to download it from you.  I’m using only the graphic.

I’d like to reference a similar comment on the VR Room Hurricane table.   Sixtoe explained how the backglass images are used in VR, and the options that we have in VR to use them.   The link is here:  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/vr-room-hurricane-minimal-williams-1991-v1-1/?fbclid=IwAR0XlF6nXueJh628JlC77Gsz37_5kveajgsqJMYyMeNuUALwInV7rVwb4E0

The specific explanation is this:

“I think there might be some confusion over how the backglasses work in VR, there’s essentially 3 different way’s it’s implemented;

1. There is normallly a basic flat “backglass” primitive which displays a static image (just literally a picture of the translite), this is what you’re seeing in 99% of the VR table images “out the box” and is used as kind of a “placeholder” rather than have a blank backbox.
            2. There is an option in VPVR to “capture” the b2s’s (and pup packs, and external DMD’s), this requires the user to download and have the b2s just like you would in a normal cabinet or desktop mode, VPVR then projects these captured images (literally frame by frame) onto the backglass primitive as mentioned above. This is probably the most common usage and it displays all the work you and others have done with your backglasses inside of the VR environment.
            3. The entire backglass is rebuilt inside VPX, using flashers and all sorts of nonsense and odd code. This is a time consuming and complicated process (as b2s’s are I imagine!), but when done well can look really good and actually takes less computer resources to run than capturing the b2s.

So if an end user wishes to have a working backglass, they are required to download your backglass, or have one of the few tables where the backglass has been fully built and integrated.

Again, I really do appreciate all the work you and everyone else has done in this community.  I’m just trying to get the tables to play in the VR environment and look like a real table.

Blacksad
            Participant
              @blacksad

@pgheyd evreything is ok don’t worry ;)

I will give a try to the VR one day, I think the relief (I hope it is stereoscopic..?) could be interesting but actually I don’t have time for this and I really love to play with my mini cabinet.

I work on a computer all day and don’t think much of putting a helmet on my head in the evening to relax and rest my eyes :)

Having said that, I am interested in virtual reality, I had already been passionate about 3D photography since the 80’s.
              It was interesting to read you about how b2s work in VR.

Cheers :bye:

Olliebommel
              Participant
                @pintris

great table. Thanks for the hard work that was obviously put into this.

playcade
                Participant
                  @playcade

Hi! The upper playfield lights dont work! The rest is excellent! Thank you very much

pgheyd
                  Participant
                    @pgheyd

Interesting…. They work perfectly fine on my machine.  Perhaps try redownloading?  Did you modify anything that might have caused it?

playcade
                    Participant
                      @playcade

No, I didnt modify anything…but I will redownload it . Thanks!

studlygoorite
                      Participant
                        @studlygoorite

Quality stuff, looks and plays great, thanks for sharing.

playcade
                        Participant
                          @playcade

Hi! Its me again! I have re downloaded and installed this BK.

I have the same issue: the lights of the upper playfield DROP TARGETS BANK dont work, in attract mode, neither on game..The 3 top saucer lights for multiball locker work well, but not the others.

Then, the rest of the playfield lights work well….any idea?

I own a real BK, but it is old jajajaj. It works fine, but the wood is worn out, and the backglass doesnt have the KNIGHT on his horse, it is like an invisible ghost with a lot of #44 lamps behind him…

In this BK VR version, all is new!

Regards and thank you for this table!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by playcade.
                          pgheyd
                          Participant
                            @pgheyd

So I tested again, and all the lights are working on the upper playfield.  You indicated that the drop targets aren’t lighting up.  Do you mean all 6 of them?  Or just the 3 drop targets on the left side.  SW33-35?  The 3 on the left are much dimmer than the others.  That’s from the original table design.  I did not modify those at all.  If you go into image manager, and look at the images for SW33-35 on and off… you see the subtle differences.  The drop targets on the right side, SW37-39 light up might brighter.  Again, if you look at the images, they are brighter.   To verify that they are working, I put in alternate images in there to clearly see when they are on and off.. and that worked perfect.  So, all the lights on the drop target images are working.

I did not modify these for the VR version.

However… I agree that are probably too dim.  You could put one of those images in there if you wanted to light it up more.  I’d recommend SW 39.  In fact the drop targets on the lower playfield could be lit up more as well.

I changed them all on a separate version (version 1.11).  So, if you want brighter and consistent drop targets use that version.

If that’s not the issue… and they really aren’t triggering… then I’m stumped.  I didn’t modify that code whatsoever, nor those lights.

Wrath2000
                            Participant
                              @wrath2000

Great looking table and brutal, wonder how many rage VR quits it’s had.  :good:

3rdaxis
                              Participant
                                @3rdaxis
                                MemberContributor

@pgheyd evreything is ok don’t worry ;)

I will give a try to the VR one day, I think the relief (I hope it is stereoscopic..?) could be interesting but actually I don’t have time for this and I really love to play with my mini cabinet.

I work on a computer all day and don’t think much of putting a helmet on my head in the evening to relax and rest my eyes :)

Having said that, I am interested in virtual reality, I had already been passionate about 3D photography since the 80’s.

It was interesting to read you about how b2s work in VR.

Cheers :bye:

Yea Blacksad you HAVE to give VR a try it is incredible.

playcade
                                Participant
                                  @playcade

So I tested again, and all the lights are working on the upper playfield. You indicated that the drop targets aren’t lighting up. Do you mean all 6 of them? Or just the 3 drop targets on the left side. SW33-35? The 3 on the left are much dimmer than the others. That’s from the original table design. I did not modify those at all. If you go into image manager, and look at the images for SW33-35 on and off… you see the subtle differences. The drop targets on the right side, SW37-39 light up might brighter. Again, if you look at the images, they are brighter. To verify that they are working, I put in alternate images in there to clearly see when they are on and off.. and that worked perfect. So, all the lights on the drop target images are working.

I did not modify these for the VR version.

However… I agree that are probably too dim. You could put one of those images in there if you wanted to light it up more. I’d recommend SW 39. In fact the drop targets on the lower playfield could be lit up more as well.

I changed them all on a separate version (version 1.11). So, if you want brighter and consistent drop targets use that version.

If that’s not the issue… and they really aren’t triggering… then I’m stumped. I didn’t modify that code whatsoever, nor those lights.

OK, I understand! I meant the 6 arrows lights of 2 DT banks , and the 2 round lights of both banks , that blink when reseting the bank. Dont worry, I will try the 1.11 version.

Thank you very much for your help!

pgheyd
                                  Participant
                                    @pgheyd

Playcade, you are correct.  They are not working.  Wow.  Actually they too, are working, but seem reversed.  The two on the out edges you can’t see either.  Only the upper two work.  I’ll look to get a fix out.

playcade
                                    Participant
                                      @playcade

Playcade, you are correct. They are not working. Wow. Actually they too, are working, but seem reversed. The two on the out edges you can’t see either. Only the upper two work. I’ll look to get a fix out.

Wow! Thank you Pgheyd! I will wait for your next BK version…

You are kind!

Regards!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?